Start by marking “The Ghost Painter” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Painter

The Ghost Painter

2.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  10 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Eccentric, world-famousSanta Feartist Adelaide Moran, recently arrived in heaven, is obsessed with not having finished painting the masterpiece that she feels will be so different from all others that it will forever ensure her legacy in the history of art. Invading the dreams of her earthly assistant, Ramon Herrera, she elicits his help--and that of aTaosshaman and a psyc ...more
Published January 30th 2012 by Abbott Press (first published January 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Painter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost Painter

Aryn
Well, I am far, far, too warm and fuzzy from a personal achievement in photography and a number of beers to write a super epic review. Either that or this will be a most epic review.

I loved the idea of this book. The concept, I felt, was brilliant. A famous artist dies, and even though she has lived a full and successful life, she feels as though her masterpiece is incomplete. Anyone that knows artists knows that when it comes to their work they are utter perfectionists. So, it is completely pl
Jeannie
Aug 21, 2012 Jeannie rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The story is a good story, but its execution was a little unrealistic. Some of the dialogue was unbelievable, for instance the seance, some of the dialoge with the Indians were stereotyped. The idea that a deceased painter could be so bent on finishing her masterpeice that she would go so far as to possess another painter in order to do it is a good concept. Another area that I felt was a bit unrealistic was Angelina's thoughts. She thought too linearly and too formally. When I'm thinking I don' ...more
Elizabeth
Jun 24, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I entered because the premise of this book sounded really interesting, a painter dies before she can finish her masterpiece and tries to use someone else to finish it for her. However, I was a little disappointed, the descriptions of the artwork were great but the rest was kind of iffy for me. I don't know if it was because there were so many characters that maybe it should've been longer to develop them and their relationships better or if some character ...more
Alyssa Greatbanks
Nov 29, 2013 Alyssa Greatbanks rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The plot for this book was very interesting, something new and different from all the 'Teen Paranormal Romances' floating around right now.

I realize now, after finishing the book that Adelaide's strong determination to get her 'masterpiece' done was beneficial to the story. But I found it a little off-putting in the beginning and it made it a little harder for me to connect with that character.

I did connect with Angelina's character, and would have liked to see more about her life after this ins
Becky
I'm glad I waited to review this book. I enjoyed the premise, and the idea of heaven! I liked the character development but at some point it seemed a little cheesy. What made that okay, was the book event pointed out itself that it seemed cheesy. Overall the book grew on me more than I realized and there are people I will be recommending it to. It blends artistry well with story telling.
Marie-Anne
Feb 26, 2015 Marie-Anne rated it liked it
I finished reading this book quite a while ago, and had a hard time making up my mind how I liked it. It is one of those books that is "almost good", and I would give it a 3.5 if I could. It has possibilities and the plot is interesting. However, there are several unresolved issues, and inconsistencies in both the story line and character portrayals. It has an unfinished feel to it.
Milton
Jun 02, 2012 Milton rated it really liked it
Just finished the book which I found intriguing and compelling to read to the end of each chapter and desiring to jump into the next chapter. This was not my usual subject matter for reading, but I found it grabbing my interest and attention completely so that I finished it in a couple days despite other activities distracting me.

Definitely recommend.
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Lisa Roy
Lisa Roy marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Marilu
Marilu rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2014
Angela Gaskell
Angela Gaskell marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Cat
Cat rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2012
Lady of the Lake
Lady of the Lake marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Audiodna
Audiodna marked it as to-read
May 31, 2012
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Deena Scintilla
Deena Scintilla marked it as to-read
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Lenny
Lenny marked it as to-read
Crystal Bowen
Crystal Bowen marked it as to-read
Kathrine
Kathrine marked it as to-read
E Maria
E Maria marked it as to-read
Ml Sjoman
Ml Sjoman marked it as to-read
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Kurt Sandstrom
Kurt Sandstrom marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in Calais, Maine to a minister father and a dietician mother, Marilu Norden showed an early interest in art when, at age four, she rendered with her crayons a red schoolhouse against a blue sky on the floral-patterned wallpaper of her room. Despite the then negative reaction from her parents, she knew art was a satisfying way to express herself.

Later, in school plays, she discovered the joys
More about Marilu Norden...