When Dreams Come True

When Dreams Come True

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Everyone knew the earl of Penhollow needed a wife, so one thunderous night the villagers gathered together to ask the ocean to deliver a bride to the bachelor lord . . .

When Pierce Kirrier rescues a mysterious beauty from the billowing ocean waves, he has no idea who she is or where she came from. But at first sight of this enchanting maiden, he knows he must claim her for...more
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Avon (first published August 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about When Dreams Come True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Dreams Come True

Mary Chen *Nulla in mundo pax sincera*
Now published on my blog, Buried Under Romance

Widow Haskell and the people of Hobbles Moor gathered around to cast a love spell that will bring the perfect woman for their wonderful Cornish earl, Pierce Kirrier. And it did. In the form of Eden, a young woman rescued by Pierce after being shipwrecked on route to a harem.

Eden is a brave heroine who grew up in a brothel after being rescued from the London rookries by Madame Indrani, and taught the sensual arts to pleasure her future buyer. This wa...more
Alycia
"When Dreams Come True" was such a sweet historical romance. This edition is a reprint of an older novel (also available as an ebook).

Eden was a young child living in the gutter in a terrible part of London when she is rescued by Madame Indrani who took her in, sheltered her, educated her, and trained her to be an exclusive mistress for a Sultan in the future. Eden is beautiful and smart, but was still an innocent. Her brief respite from life was her chats with the vicar's wife in a beautiful li...more
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Jen
Review Copy Provided by Joan Schulhafer Publishing and Consulting

As most of those that follow my reviews know, I’m a fan of historical romances. And I love it when authors give us unique characters instead of your stand cookie-cutter members of the ton. In When Dreams Come True, Cathy Maxwell has woven a magical tale with characters I came to love.

Pierce isn’t your typical earl. He cares nothing for society, preferring to stay in the country tend...more
Jessica
This is the first historical romance I've read by Cathy Maxwell and it definitely will not be the last! This story sucked me in from page one and didn't let me go until the end.

Eden was really an awesome heroine because even though she was so innocent and loving, she could still be stubborn and stick up for herself when she needed to. I loved the instant attraction between her and Pierce when he rescued her from the ocean when she was running away from being sold as a mistress from the whorehou...more
Viviane Crystal
The Widow, with the help of several village woman, calls forth a spell to bring a future bride for their Cornish earl, a woman who will grant an heir to this noble family on whom everyone in the area depends. None who participate doubt the event will soon bring forth the promised bride!!!

Meanwhile, the "promised one" is in London hearing words meant to give her strength as she has been told she will embark on a trip to the Middle East to be one of many concubines to a rich Sultan. Eden's one and...more
Once Upon
The town's people of Penhollow worried that the pressure to find a wife, would push their loved Earl Pierce to find the wrong wife. They took it upon themselves to ask the town sorcerer to conjure a spell with their specific requirements and plead to the power of the ocean for his perfect wife to be. Eden as a child, was saved from the dangerous streets and raised in a high end brothel. She was taught the arts of lovemaking but kept a virgin, to be sold to the highest bidder. Doubts and question...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Magic, marvelous meddling, a Madame, a man (what a man!) along with storms and charms all manage to play a part in moving Eden toward her destiny and give the reader a romance to remember.

Beautiful Eden, nicknamed “The Siren”, accepts her life for what it is. Taken from the mean streets of London, reared in an upscale brothel, and educated better than most women of her time, she has just been sold to Sultan Ibn Sibah for a phenomenal...more
Linda
Loved it! Wonderfully romantic. Eden was saved as young child from the Rookeries by a Madame & is brought up trained to be a courtesan. She and her virginity is sold to an Arab sheikh (I think it was Arab?!) but Eden escapes when a storm hits the ship she is in; whilst on her journey to him. The hero, Pierce saves her when the lifeboat she fled in washes up to the beach where he is out fishing with a friend & therein starts the story.

Loved the H/H & it was so amusing when Pierce's se...more
Susannah Carleton
I like Cathy Maxwell's books. They are well-written and -research, and her characters are always intriguing. In this book, however, I found the "beautiful virgin rescued from the rookeries and raised in a brothel" heroine very hard to believe. While such a girl *might* be accepted by in the middle class (if they did not know her background), It's a huge leap to think she'd be accepted in the upper echelons of society, even if that society is in Cornwall.
Ashley
This is the second Cathy Maxwell book I've read after Falling in love again, and I have to say I'm enjoying her style very much. These books aren't deep or really thought provoking. I guess I would categorize them as sweet, cute, funny, light hearted. So if you're in need of a book like that... this book would be good.
Lindsay
I finished it, but I wasn't that impressed. The heroine fakes losing her memory, and it turns out she's a hooker in her former life. It all turns out far too neatly for what would have been a catastrophic obstacle.
Angelina Cooper
It was a truly good book. I loved it. Exciting good love story.
SandraE
Another ridiculous plot that made an enjoyable book.
Lori Howe

Sweet story with a welcome HEA.
Kgrrl
Kgrrl marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Andrea (Catsos Person)
Andrea (Catsos Person) marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Nenya
Nenya marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Includes: Three Heroes #1/Company of Rogues, #6)
  • Longing
  • Waltz with a Stranger
  • Till Next We Meet
  • My Lord Conqueror
  • Sweetwood Bride
  • The Price of Innocence
  • My Darling Caroline
  • The One That Got Away
  • The Mistress Diaries (Pembroke Palace, #2)
  • This Perfect Kiss
  • Rogue In My Arms (Runaway Brides, #2)
  • A Woman of Passion
  • A Forbidden Love
  • Sapphire
  • No Marriage of Convenience
  • Loving Julia
  • Chieftain (Border, #3)
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...
Four Dukes and a Devil In the Bed of a Duke (Cameron Sisters, #3) Married in Haste (Marriage, #1) A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions, #1) In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)