Start by marking “Winter's Knight (New Amsterdam, #2)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Knight  (New Amsterdam, #2)

Winter's Knight (New Amsterdam #2)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
As the son of the infamous New Amsterdam city mayor, Lucian learned at an early age that power is king, love is for the weak, and a real man never has a use for tears or mercy. The only source of light in Lucian's formative years is Shea Ollivander, who gives Lucian the impetus to break free from his father's rule and leave the city. Shea is never far from Lucian's side, a ...more
Published April 11th 2012 by Torquere Press (first published April 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Knight

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
199th out of 617 books — 1,450 voters
Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
220th out of 679 books — 991 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
03.27.13
5 stars

I think I almost liked this more than the first one. Almost.

I absolutely love Lucian. I wanted more of him in the first book but had to wait until this one to get it. It was worth the wait in my opinion.

I love his whole assholish attitude towards pretty much anything and anybody but deeply cares for those close to him and will go above and beyond to keep them safe. Another small thing I really liked was how short he was. I can't remember the exact height (or if it was even given)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 29, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, ebook, bdsm-d-s
I loved Lucian from the very beginning, even when we only got little scraps and he remained somewhat of a mystery. So I was really excited to get to this book and see him front and center. This story grabbed me from the get go with Lucian's dinner meeting with Shea. You feel the connection they have instantly, even though they haven't seen each other in years. And as much as I loved Lucian, Shea is some kind of yummy! Lucian is then able to convince Shea to be his date at an upcoming function.

On
A.F. Henley
I opened the file for Winter's Knight with the same expectations that I open most M/M erotic fiction: a story with some likeable characters, bordering on realistic, that had a few hot sex scenes. Now, truth be told, perhaps the anticipation was a touch higher than normal. The story was, after all, a Wyre/Raine fiction, and these two authors tend to shine a little brighter than many in their genre. So I was prepared to fall in love with their characters; I was ready to be captivated by their stor ...more
Jackie Keswick
Aug 08, 2012 Jackie Keswick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
It's the first original fiction of the two authors that I tried after being introduced to their work on LJ. M/M erotica is not my usual fare - this book could almost be classed as my first attempt - but the characters really stuck with me. Love the characterisation. Love the dialogue. Some of it is so unexpected, I had to laugh out loud.

Finished the whole in one go, then realised it was the second book in a series. Went and ordered Hearts under Fire - which should tell you something.

Kelly Wyre
Jan 09, 2013 Kelly Wyre added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Had a fantastic time writing this one!

Trish
Mar 11, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Enjoyed book 2. Lucian is just as strong/obnoxious in this book as he was in Book 1 but Shea brings out the softer protective side and its a great pairing.

And now onto book 3
Gabbi
Wow! This is the second book I’ve read by this writing team and I have to confess, I’ve become addicted to this series and their storytelling abilities. Not only did Winter’s Knight grab my undivided attention from the first page, I was enthralled by Lucian and Shea’s story throughout the novel. I loved the sizzling chemistry between them and thoroughly enjoyed their story. Since I believe the blurb does an excellent job at describing the story itself, I’ve decided not to rehash it. Plus, there ...more
Lavender Wynter
Nov 28, 2013 Lavender Wynter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
If I have to summarize Winter's Knight in one phrase, it would be "opposites attract."

Yin and yang. Light and dark. Heat and ice. Love and hate. This is what builds Winter's Knight. This isn't so much magic as it is liberation. One feels trapped when the characters were trapped. One feels liberated when justice, no matter the how, was served...

... and love conquered all after mountains have been moved and valleys gouged out of the evil that resides in the shadows; destroyed, and hopefully never
Fiordiligii
Jul 08, 2016 Fiordiligii rated it did not like it
I tried, I really did because I very much enjoyed the first book in the series, but lordy, this book was boring and very difficult to get into, and the prose about sent me to sleep. Sorry. The first third was very hard to grasp and my mind kept wandering off constantly. I tried skipping the mystery part and only reading the love scenes, but my mind continued wandering, so I discontinud. DNF

PS: Dear Torquere Press. One reason why I so rarely read books published by you is the horrible formatting.
Kazza
Oct 06, 2012 Kazza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm

Another interesting, M/M, character driven, 5 star read from Kelly Wyre and H J Raine.

I loved revisting New Amsterdam. I loved the protagonists, the humour, the sexiness, the light BDSM, the action. Again, what more could you ask for? I loved book #1 Hearts Under Fire by H.J. Raine and also loved Winter's Knight.

Longer review posted here -
Meggie
I liked Lucian as a character, he was real and deeply in love with his friend Shea, but everything else, which was created in the main mystery plot, was weak and unrealistic.
Lindsay Loulee
Mar 15, 2013 Lindsay Loulee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended, bdsm
I write awful reviews but highly recommend this. Great characters and amazing story!
Meredith
May 04, 2015 Meredith rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2015-reads
LUCIAN! My lord!!! I loved every part of this man. I knew I would too. In book 1 we got glimpses of him and I really wanted more. I was SO glad he was the main star in this one! It was hot, emotional, and again a great BDSM read. Lucian is power and love in it's biggest form. This is a wonderful read!
Eve
Jun 07, 2014 Eve rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, bdsm, m-m, mm-cop
Beautiful love story. The passion in the writing of the New Amsterdam series is so very hot. I could feel Luke's desire for his sweet Shea as I read. The story is intriguing, the action is just right, the world pulls you in & doesn't let you out until you are totally consumed by it.
Da'ad
This was the best book I've read so far this year, and one of the best ever, I loved everything about it so much! I've had this on my wish list for about a year, and if I'd known it would be this amazing I would have bought it on the spot! Wowww and HOT HE'LL! so beautifully romantic and breathtakingly erotic at the same time. Ah! I adored both main characters and how their roles weren't what anyone would expect considering their look. The beautiful, effeminate but dominant Lucian and the handso ...more
Kim G
Apr 21, 2012 Kim G rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I found the characters incredibly realistic, and loved watching their friendship change. Really enjoyed the little quirks, like Lucian's speech impediment and Shea's past, that made but characters more human and that much more fascinating to read.

Think the authors did an amazing job with the story, and all the characters were so solid I truly feel like I could find them in a bar downtown.

Truly hope to see more form these authors.
Ben
Apr 17, 2012 Ben rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5

These authors have a way of getting me to like stuff I didn't think I'd like. More kink this round, but I liked what they did with it. Great, fast read that I liked even more than the first book.

Definitely rec it.
Ayanna
Jun 23, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, meh
Eh. Again, good points weren't capitalized on. I didn't quite enjoy the characterization. Was quite disappointed at times, even.
Elisa Rolle
Oct 26, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Crys Harris
Aug 14, 2012 Crys Harris rated it it was ok
Shelves: shelved
I don't know what I'm missing here.. but this is boring.
*Nan*
May 19, 2016 *Nan* rated it really liked it
actually would give this 3.5 stars
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Aiysha Duncan
Aiysha Duncan rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Miguel
Miguel marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
MJ
MJ rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Dara Nelson
Dara Nelson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
  • Vision Quest
  • Special Needs (Special Needs, #1)
  • Redemption
  • Burning Bright (Chicagoland Shifters, #1)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Ties that Bind (Men of Honor, #3)
  • In the Red
  • The Celestial
  • The Square Peg (The Square Peg, #1)
  • Leaf (Shibari Auction House, #4)
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Brush with Catastrophe (The Aloysius Tales, #2)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)
  • Bossy and the Brat (Men of Holsum College, #5)
  • In Pieces (Firsts and Forever, #3)
  • Tainted Blood (Tainted, #1)
  • Bound By Lies (The Manse, #3)
Kelly enjoys reading and writing all manner of fiction, ranging from horror to romance. She used to work in advertising but is now happily chained to her writing desk. Kelly enjoys the soft and cuddly and the sharp and bloody with equal amounts of enthusiasm. She's a coffee addict, a workaholic, a chronic night owl, and loves a good thunderstorm. Currently Kelly resides in the southeastern United ...more
More about Kelly Wyre...

New Amsterdam (4 books)
  • Hearts Under Fire  (New Amsterdam, #1)
  • Shot in the Dark (New Amsterdam, #3)
  • Earthquakes (New Amsterdam, #4)