Start by marking “The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living” as Want to Read:
The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living

The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
These days, getting kids to focus on God instead of their iPods takes nothing less than supernatural intervention. Loving God and following him often makes you look weird to your neighbors.The Willitses understand the struggle, and in their very first book, they share their energetic, humorous, and imperfect attempts to live out their faith in today's world. Sometimes it h ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Catholics Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Catholics Next Door

Barb
Apr 11, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Greg Willitsand Jennifer Willits for many years through their Rosary Army podcast, probably starting back in 2007. When I heard they had written a book called The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living I wasn't sure what to expect. Would it be a history of their Catholic New Media adventures? A rundown of how they started their Rosary Army apostolate or their new apostolate called the New Evangelizers? Or would it be a how-to on raising kids?

This book exceeded my
Jeff Miller
Apr 01, 2012 Jeff Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greg and Jennifer Willits of the radio show "The Catholics Next Door" have a book out called not-suprisingly The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living.

This book, much like their show, gives inner glimpses into a Catholic family living their faith. Sections in the various chapters are alternatively written by Greg and Jennifer and each section gives their view of the topic and chapter at hand. This is not a book written predominately to tell their conversion/reconversion stories or
Renee
Aug 18, 2012 Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Catholics Next Door was written by an ordinary husband and wife; it's about their Adventures in Imperfect Living. Greg and Jennifer Willits are the parents of five children and in addition to having written this book they host a daily radio show on The Catholic Channel and founded several apostolates. I first heard of the Willits a few years ago when my eldest daughter got a new car with Sirius radio; she fell in love with them and so I jumped at the chance to read and review their book.

The
Rosemarie Conner
This book made feel like I'm not rowing the boat alone. The ups & downs of a family. Making decisions, changing decisions & making sure your children are well rounded. Then making sure you are a good christian & making good decisions for yourself. I suggest this book for ANY Christian family, not just Catholics.
Ciara Butler
Sep 24, 2013 Ciara Butler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great book, easy to read and shows the highs and lows of everyday life that a Catholic family has to go through in a secular society.
Naomi Young
DISCLAIMER: I met Greg and Jennifer briefly at the Catholic New Media Conference in Boston a couple of years ago, and correspond with them on occasion. I have donated to SQPN, Rosary Army, and (now) the New Evangelizers regularly for quite some time. However, I paid for this book myself, and I am not receiving any compensation for reviewing it. Whew! Now, let us get to the actual review.

This book is like an extended conversation with a faithful, committed, Catholic couple with great senses of h
Apr 27, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2012-list
I've been a fan of Greg and Jennifer Willits since their podcasting days. It's been a delight to see them get bigger and better...now they have a show on Sirius/XM and also a new book, The Catholics Next Door: Adventures in Imperfect Living.

I wasn't sure what to expect from their book. Would it be a how to? Advice? Just silly stuff? Or would it be a memoir type of book?

And, even more importantly, would I love it as much as I wanted to?

As it turns out, YES.

It's equal parts laughter, insight, and
Carlos
Jan 09, 2016 Carlos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This inspirational couple, Greg and Jennifer Willits, offers a Catholic perspective on family life. They are passionate, insightful, and spot-on. I've read the book twice, and liked it even more the second time. Following the Willits on their weekly podcast: Greg and Jennifer's Adventures in Imperfect Living. Go to: http://gregandjennifer.com/.
Feb 26, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only reasons why this is not a five star book:

1. It should have been longer.

2. At times Jennifer's voice oddly resembled Leela from Futurama, and it freaked me out.
Craig
Jul 21, 2013 Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first stumbled upon Greg and Jennifer back in 2000 when they were making Rosaries out of twine. I wanted to make my own. Then I began listening to their Podcasts. These people are awesome. This book is a very well written account of their own challenges as they try to live a faith based life.
Colleen
Jan 10, 2013 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
I enjoyed this book from one of my favorite podcasters. Each chapter is topical and I found some topics more relevant to me than others, but overall it was well done. I especially appreciated the honesty about some of their personal struggles in the afterword.
Mary Soukup
Feb 22, 2013 Mary Soukup rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
I liked this book. I liked how the book was read by both Greg and Jennifer.
Andrea
Apr 06, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short book with lots to digest - will probably re-read certain segments.
Dana
Jun 07, 2013 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as I thought it would be.
Christa Dubson
Christa Dubson marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Leigh Sargeant
Leigh Sargeant marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Michael Duquaine
Michael Duquaine rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Laura rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Stephanie Zimmer
Stephanie Zimmer rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Rachael Belt
Rachael Belt marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A digital media pioneer, Greg Willits has been podcasting since early 2005 and his audio and video productions have been downloaded over six million times. His works were so popular, in fact, that SiriusXM snatched him up and gave him and his wife their own 3-hour daily talk show for more than four years. He's the author of "The New Evangelization and You: Be Not Afraid" and co-author of "The Cath ...more
More about Greg Willits...