Start by marking “Чернильная смерть ” as Want to Read:
Чернильная смерть

Чернильная смерть (Inkworld #3)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  56,518 Ratings  ·  2,574 Reviews

Ever since the extraordinary events of Inkspell, when the enchanted book Inkheart drew Meggie and her father, Mo, into its chapters, life in the Inkworld has been more tragic than magical.

The fire-eater Dustfinger is dead, having sacrificed his life for his apprentice Farid's, and now, under the rule of the evil Adderhead, the
Published 2012 (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Чернильная смерть, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Li Han Dustfinger back and destroying the Adderhead

Oct 12, 2008 MountainLaurel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandy Straubhaar
[99% spoiler-free; I have trouble with spilling spoilers, so I'm working hard not to do it this time]

I got so crazy about this series that I not only ordered vol. 3 (this one) from Germany to find out how it ended, I even ordered the audio book and put it on my iPod so I could obsess about it repeatedly.

The cover blurb says, "Der Verlag übernimmt keine Haftung für eventuell verloren gegangene Personen." ("The publishers assume no responsibility for readers who disappear," essentially. It's all a
Monica Edinger
Jul 11, 2008 Monica Edinger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The German title for the second book in this series is TINTENBLUT or INKBLOOD. Why it became INKSPELL in the US is a mystery (my guess is it was a marketing decision --- spell is a lot less scary than blood). Having now read the final book in the series, I see why that original title was so apt and think it was very unfortunate that it was changed.

But back to this book. It is dense, dark, and rich with ideas. I found it totally engrossing. The story picks up where the previous volume left off.
Heather G Gentle
I absolutely LOVED this one! This was everything I hoped it would be and more.
I thought the author did a great job of bringing this altogether and "ending" it.
Don't want to say too much as my friends haven't read it yet but there were some surprises and the story was left "sort of"open-- new series in the making? :)

This third installment was a bit darker than the last 2-- much more like the ending of InkSpell. For a while everything gets to a point where it all feels so hopeless. But the way t
Jan 01, 2009 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Sep 02, 2008 Rosianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic end to the trilogy with a finale that left me completely content - no loose ends and remarkably realistic for a fantasy. Inkdeath is certainly something to look forward too.
Sep 05, 2010 Qt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars for this one. "Inkheart," the first of the trilogy, is definitely my favorite of the three, and I really loved it. However, my interest kind of waxed and waned throughout this third book, and I never *really* felt too involved.
That said, I did enjoy it and was happy to reunite with my favorite Inkheart people; as in the other books, I also really like the quotes that open each chapter. I was mostly satisfied with the conclusion, though one or two things kind of l
Nov 07, 2008 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people that think the grass is always greener...

I learned that the first book of this trilogy is unfortunately the best book in this trilogy.

While the ending is good there are major flaws in the text:
1. Aunt Elinor was a vital character in book 1 and to see her cast aside as minor for books 2 and 3 was very disappointing.
2. Meggie was the main character for book 1 and most of 2 and yet wasn't even in the major scenes at the end of the book. That made no sense whatsoever.
3. These books seemed extremely violent at times for a young a
Mar 07, 2009 Sammi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh, not my favorite of the series, but the writing was good. Honestly I'd hoped for better. Don't let this put you off though. I definitely recommend Inkheart and Inkspell. The next part of my review contains...

Ok, when it comes to Meggie's boy choices, I really like Doria. While Farid is awesome, Doria is effing amazing. Farid spent more time pining after Dustfinger than he did after Meggie, which says something about how he
Feb 09, 2009 Namratha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
663-pages strong…emotionally intense characters …and more twists and turns than the best of labyrinths.Inkdeath has it all.

The book starts off where Inkspell left off. Things are chaotic in the alternate land of Inkworld. Fenoglio, the original writer has lost his confidence to pen words and is now just a weary, crotchety old man. Mo has successfully donned the mantle of the noble robber Bluejay. Dustfinger still lies in the world of the dead. Farid has become a reluctant slave to Orpheus, in
Unsurprisingly, given the title, Inkdeath is very, very preoccupied with death. The death of loved ones, the fear of death, cheating death, what happens after death... Reading it is almost like reading about the process of writing, as more and more detail is put into the world -- albeit from the inside. I do feel like all these books got rather needlessly complicated, that at some point it just went too far. I love the ideas and appreciate some of the things that happen and the way the character ...more
Jan 31, 2009 Bad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always expect to be disappointed with the final novel in a series... But the INKHEART trilogy continued to put it's best foot forward all the way through it's very last pages.
Now I am usually distraught when a main character isn't killed in some glorious manner for the sake of the series, but INKDEATH, somehow didn't need a monumental sacrifice to make it solid. I think Meggie's, "pushing away" of Farid, kind of filled that hole for me.

Now, lets talk about Dustfinger... O.O

I fell in lo
Mar 07, 2011 Yessenia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Denae Christine
The word for this book--one that occurs more than any other besides names and "fire"--would be "longing."

There's the longing of the vaporous White Women, clutching at hearts and pulling them toward eternal peace.
There's the longing of every character, separated from loved ones as all battle to overcome the spreading evil.
There's the longing to become more powerful, especially evident in Orpheus, but also clear in the others, to be more: more alive, more noticed, more feared, or more important.

Sella Malin
Aug 12, 2009 Sella Malin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jul 28, 2011 Sonia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a real pain to get to finish this book. The idea has always been original, but the writer doesn't know how to develop the story in an interesting way. Let's just say that the book only starts to get interesting in the last 100 pages or so, and it's 700 pages long! The characters are in a fantasy world that is barely explored. Nothing happens for a long time and, when something does happen, it's just too sudden, out of nowhere, and it finished quickly. Characters that could add some d ...more
Kris Irvin
Dec 27, 2011 Kris Irvin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I love it when people write reviews that are EX.AC.TLY. on par with how I felt about a book. This one in particular gets it spot on.

I was really disappointed by Inkdeath. Not gonna lie. I finished it several days ago and have sat around trying to think of positive things to say about it but I got nothin'. This is by far the weakest book in the trilogy and should have been much shorter and much less lame. Dangit.

This book is not quite a total departure from Inkheart and Inkspell but it's pretty

Tengo sentimientos encontrados con este libro. Amé el protagonismo que toma Violante y las apariciones de Doria. Y por supuesto, todas las aventuras que corren los personajes. Pero no me gustó el desenlace, me desilusionó muchísimo, predecible y demasiado final feliz. Es que a pesar de ser un mundo increíble, el libro no está totalmente libre de tópicos.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Tintentod=Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3), Cornelia Funke
عنوان: مرگ جوهری - کتاب 3 از سه گانه؛ نویسنده: کورنلیا کارولینه فونکه؛ مترجم: محمد نوراللهی؛ تهران، بهنام، 1389؛ در 703 ص، مصور، شابک: 9789645668646؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان آلمانی قرن 21 م

عنوان: سیاه مرگ - کتاب 3 از سه گانه؛ نویسنده: کورنلیا کارولینه فونکه؛ مترجم: کتایون سلطانی؛ ویراستار: مژگان کلهر؛ تهران، افق، 1392؛ در 802 ص، مصور، شابک: 9789643698485؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان آلمانی قرن 21 م

Sep 10, 2015 Fede rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice conclusion of this series. It was far more dark and violent than I remember, even though I have read the second installment many years ago, and I don't remember it well enough to say if it had the same atmosphere of this one.
However, I enjoyed it. The story was well built (apart from some points that left me a bit puzzled), but I didn't make many questions and enjoyed the novel as it is: a story for those who love reading and love everything about books.
Probably I would have enjoyed it fa
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
3.5 stars!
I wish I had read this back when I started the series... Still enjoyable and I liked the ending :)
Nov 25, 2014 Cin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ya había mencionado que mi personaje favorito es Dedo Polvoriento; pues bien, creo que ahora comparte el puesto con Mortimer. Ambos personajes, que en principio se repelen completamente, terminan complementándose de una manera que me parece genial. Y también me gustó mucho la pequeña intervención de la muerte y lo que dice: ella está en todas partes, así sea el mundo hecho de tinta o el mundo real. (¿Qué es real y qué no, por cierto?).

Me gustó para cerrar la trilogía, me gusta el final, me gusta
Ashley Daviau
Feb 08, 2016 Ashley Daviau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed emotions finishing this series. Not because I didn't completely love it though! I'm sad because my journey through one of my favourite worlds is once again over. But I'm happy because I love this series so much and Inkdeath is my favourite out of the series and it was wonderful revisiting this world. Such a perfect ending to an amazing series! An absolute must read for any bookworm! Because who amongst us hasn't imagine slipping into the pages of your favourite books?
I když sám takovým koncům nefandím, ale v případě Inkoustové smrti si myslím, že si takový závěr celá série prostě zasloužila. Ty postavy protrpěly už dost, takže mě poslední kapitola příjemně zahřála na srdci a donutila pocítit trochu nostalgie nad tím, že se do Inkoustového světa už nedostanu - a to i přes fakt, že by autorka mohla napsat další sérii. Ale ona to ukončilo a za to jsem svým způsobem i rád.
Inkoustová smrt navazuje takřka hned na Inkoustové srdce, takže mně, který četl dva díly z
Jan 05, 2016 نرگس rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
این ریویو رو برای هر سه جلد مینویسم:
جلد اول در مقایسه واقعا به کتاب کودکان میمونست. سفر یک دختربچه با پدرش به دنیای غریبی که با خشونت و بیرحمی، وجه دیگری از دنیایی که درش زندگی میکنیم، آشناش میکنه. یک کتاب معمولی با روایت و اتفاقات معمولی در ژانر خودش. جلد دوم اما اتفاقات هیجانانگیزتری میافته، شخصیتها از سفیدی و سیاهی مطلق درمیان (تقریبا البته!) و غافلگیریهای خوبی در راهه. جلد سوم که بهترین جلد مجموعه است، همه معادلات رو به هم میزنه. دنیای جوهر رو به سیاهترین شکلش توصیف میکنه، و قهرمان رو تا مرز
Janie Johnson
Oct 28, 2015 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I read Inkdeath as a buddy read with a friend. This one wraps up the Inkheart trilogy. I am so glad I started and got to finish this trilogy. I must say that I would not class this as a middle grade series. It is very complex and also has some content that I would not think suitable for younger readers.

I really rather liked this book from the trilogy more than the first two. From the start of the series I always liked the plot of being able to read yourself into or out of a story. This one went
This is the third book in the Inkworld trilogy. I think the first one was my favorite one. I liked the character development in the second one....and in this one, I liked the ending.

My main problem with this one is that many of the key characters started sounding the exact same. They were in constant 'sneering' mode. It was getting old and I started getting bored. The character, Mo/Mortimer/Blue Jay/ Silver Tongue, kept it going and kept me vested in the outcome. So 3 stars, because of Mo and t
Apr 06, 2016 Alvina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akhirnya, setelah dua kali sebelumnya nyoba baca dan mandeg di tengah tengah, kali ini saya berhasil baca sampe tamat.

endingnya, bener bener bikin senewen. setelah perburuan menegangkan, eh lha kok enteng amat ternyata penyelesaiannya.
i was like... hah, gini doank??

tapi ya lumayanlah. setidaknya satu buku bantal berkurang dari timbunan.
Sep 05, 2016 Gypsy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
خو مُو ایی رِ چوطور رِیت بُدُم؟! :))

اینو اگه بچهتر بودم میخوندم، خیلی خیلی بیشتر خوشم میاومد.( و با این دید که برا سن من نوشته نشده، چار میدم) اما الآن بیاندازه مرگبار بود. جداً میگم. یه جاهایی اوج میگرفت و هَلَف هَلَف صفحهها رو میخوندی. بعد یهو دیالوگها ملالانگیز میشدن و ازون بدتر، زاویه دید ِ دانای کل میاومد شیرینبازی درآره. ولی یه جاهایی گلوی آدمو میزد. ولی بعضی توصیفها، دیالوگها و اتفاقا- به خصوص گرههای فرعی، اونقـــد خوب بودن که من سرمو بالا میاوردم و الکی میخندیدم. و دلم میخواست ازین چیزا
YA Buddy Readers'...: Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke - starting July 29, 2015 3 13 Aug 22, 2015 12:11PM
The ending of the last book, was it satisfying? 5 18 Aug 09, 2015 03:31PM
Drop Everything A...: Inkdeath 3 20 Jul 25, 2015 02:00AM
Farid or Doria? 26 170 Jun 13, 2015 01:38PM
Parents or lover? *spoilers* 1 40 Apr 29, 2014 06:18PM
Did anyone else hate this book? 15 100 Feb 06, 2014 08:07PM
The Page Turners: This topic has been closed to new comments. Inkdeath 2 19 Jul 09, 2013 04:34AM
  • Pirate Wars (The Wave Walkers, #3)
  • Nocturna: Die Nacht der gestohlenen Schatten
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • The Eternal Flame (Merlin Saga, #11)
  • The Shadow Dragons (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #4)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • The Last Hunt (Unicorn Chronicles, #4)
  • Queste (Septimus Heap, #4)
  • City of Secrets (Stravaganza, #4)
  • The Last Battle of the Icemark (The Icemark Chronicles, #3)
  • The Singing (The Books of Pellinor, #4)
  • The Land of the Silver Apples (Sea of Trolls, #2)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • Superior Saturday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #6)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke...

Inkworld (3 books)
  • Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
  • Inkspell (Inkworld, #2)

“Women were different, no doubt about it. Men broke so much more quickly. Grief didn't break women. Instead it wore them down, it hollowed them out very slowly.” 592 likes
“Hope. Nothing is more intoxicating.” 194 likes