Start by marking “The Adventures of Dr. Alphabet: 104 Unusual Ways to Write Poetry in the Classroom and the Community” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
for teachers at all levels, and for anyone interested in entertaining new ways to write imaginatively.
Published February 26th 2007 by Teachers & Writers Collaborative (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Dr. Alphabet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Dr. Alphabet

Amy Kitchell-Leighty
This is filled with activities to do in the classroom and in the community. Some of the things in here I can do on my own, but there are many more that would be better in a group setting. I can’t wait to find a place to use some of these interesting ideas.
Kasandra
Not what I expected: yes, it has poetry exercises, but most are designed for classrooms of non-writers and didn't pique my interest. However, this would be a great book to use if you teach creative writing to novices.
Elaine Bearden
tons and tons of great ideas to work with kids
Katharyn
Katharyn marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Heather Moss
Heather Moss marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2011
Aischa
Aischa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2011
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jan 02, 2011
Ann Marie
Ann Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2010
Larry
Larry added it
Mar 30, 2012
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2008
Poetry Comics: An Animated Anthology The Dictionary of Wordplay Poetry Comics!: A Cartooniverse Of Poems Poetry Comics A Visit from St. Alphabet