Start by marking “The Unseen Volume 2: Blood Brothers/Sin and Salvation” as Want to Read:
The Unseen Volume 2: Blood Brothers/Sin and Salvation

The Unseen Volume 2: Blood Brothers/Sin and Salvation (The Unseen #3-4 Omnibus)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  408 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Out walking alone one rainy night, Lucy becomes convinced that someone--or something--is following her. Soon she begins having terrifying visions and dreams--and she still can't shake the feeling of an unseen presence, always watching, waiting . . .
Published August 16th 2012 by Speak (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Unseen Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unseen Volume 2

Jamie Dubois
This was ok but the ending left me confused, wanting more to the story. I figured out that the "things" were shape shifters, that had me confused in the first Unseen. Things still were confusing to me after this one... was that really Jared at the end? What happens to Dakota? Were Jarod, Nicholas & Byron all brothers? What happened to Byron to get him "stuck" in between worlds like he was?
This book just left me with to many questions to really enjoy it.

Rhiannon Frater
The second book (which technically contains two books) in THE UNSEEN series is even darker than the first one, which surprised me. It's also much more mysterious. I kept turning pages hoping to glean another clue from the narrative about what exactly is going on.

Even though the reader is given glimpses into the mind of the Big Bad and his evil plot, we're just in the dark in many ways as Lucy and Dakota are. I loved that Lucy had Dakota as a faithful friend who is there to support her in any wa
Hilary
Jan 16, 2012 Hilary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't bring myself to give higher than 3 stars. It depresses me, but as much as the 3rd book was a solid 4&1/2 stars book 4 was a 2 for me. I will explain why. During books 1-3, I raced along excited, anxious, confused, and trying to put it all together and find a way for a happy ending. I reached book 4 , reading as fast as possible without missing a word, and BAM! I ran head long into the brick wall that was an ending, but yet wasn't an ending at all.

****spoilers below****

Byron is
Katie Heflin
The ending sucks!!!!!

Lucy is still living with her cold aunt Irene. Her cousin Angela is still missing and Lucy is pretty sure she is dead. Her friend and priest, Father Matt is trying to help her but doesn't believe in all her "hallucinations". She sees creatures in the night and is sure that someone or something is trying to kill her and all of loved ones. She receives a package one day and it turns out to be a grave stone with the words R.I.P. Angela. Crazy stuff keeps happening and no one is
Olivia McCloskey
The second installment in the Unseen series picks up shortly after the first book left off. The novel's protagonist, Lucy Dennison, is haunted by her past experiences. Her world is turned upside down when she stumbles across an open grave while taking an evening stroll through a cemetery. To her horror, she discovers a young girl in the grave with a dagger embedded in her chest. In her final, dying breaths, the mysterious girl imparts a dangerous power upon Lucy. With this power comes a new, dea ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3.5/5
[Taken from my blog: http://geekyreading.blogspot.com/2012... ]

It’s been a few weeks since I read this (maybe more, actually), so some of my emotions for it have lessened in intensity. So, sorry for that.
This was the third and last parts of the series, and I had more hopes for it than I received. The messy wording and usage of ellipses and italics was still very much present. The italics were probably the part that I didn’t mind the most; but there was still a huge amount used, and I’m sur
Paige
Nov 25, 2015 Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
When I read the first two books I instantly fell I love with them! I didn't think there could be a better way to make it like how amazing it already is. But I was wrong, the last two books got me so hooked! The book could be predicting at some times, but when I got towards the end my mouth literally opened up with shock! This book may not be super popular but that doesn't mean you shouldn't read it. This book is just so creepy and good. YOU NEED TO READ THIS SERIES NOW!!!!!!
Mashandra Poindexter
The unseen 2 was a good book.. full of mystery and constantly kept you wondering who did what, and who is who.
However, in the 4th and final book it was drawn out so much I had already guessed the ending ( and was right) way in the beginning. The ending was extremely abrupt and should have had at least a couple more chapters to follow. A good read but not a must read and certainly not memorable.

The main character Lucy was so frustrating and so naive it was unbelievable. If something bad happens a
Noura Al-Thani
Jul 18, 2014 Noura Al-Thani rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-novels

WHAT THE HELL? :/

*Contains Spoilers BEWARE*

The ending is confusing! I still don't understand! First of all she fell in love with Byron! Then Matt! Then she discovered she has feelings for Nicolae when she saw him dead? (He was going to kill her! And she feels sorry for him?) And then she has feelings for Byron's brother (Forgot his name?) And she was planing to live in his world with him and Byron "because she's not normal" Does it even make sense? Not to mention she was kissing him in front of
Autumn
Dec 04, 2015 Autumn rated it liked it
Shelves: pbwkendread

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

When I finished book one I knew I wanted to read book two to find out what was going to happen. I still had questions that I needed answers to.
Well I wasn't very happy with this book it was one I kept putting down only to pick up to put down. I think it took me a bit longer to finish that I planned to.
We start off right where we ended in book one and new characters are introduced. Lucy will finally get to meet the one that has been st
Autumn
Dec 04, 2015 Autumn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, pbwkendread

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Megan
This book was just as quick of a read as the first one, but unfortunately it just wasn't as good.

It had all of the things I loved about the first one: good characters, a suspenseful plot, and twists and turns the whole way through. However, the ending was so weak and really disappointing considering I've been reading for about 1000 pages just to come to this, what?, 30 page ending tops?

There were more than two unanswered questions and left the reader just feeling...numb? I didn't really feel any
Richard Denney
Seriously?

These Walmart exclusives get on my damn nerves!
I've checked all walmarts in my area and Volume 2 of THE UNSEEN bind up
is no longer available. I own Volume 1. Now, you can pre-order the bind ups
and they don't come back out until August and they have a cover change. WTF!!!
Christina Sedlmyer
Mar 27, 2012 Christina Sedlmyer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Again, this was just as disappointing as the first book. So many story lines that were started and never finished. So many story lines that were ended terribly. So many story lines that didn't make sense and ended up being the major turning point in the book. Terrible terrible book.
Jess
Feb 18, 2014 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jamie Lynn Bowker

Was rather disappointed at the end :0( the book was terrific up until the final & then it got rather confusing & I hated the "abrupt" ending...& there were a ton of unanswered things about Dakota & Byron.
Patty
Apr 09, 2012 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the story and couldn't put these books down, but.. I hated the ending! I think we need another book so I know what the heck is going on! lol
Lauren
Feb 18, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obviously, you can't read this book without reading the first one. With this being the 3rd and 4th book in the series it continues the story of the others. With that being said, I have already written a review on the other one in this series. This book has all of the ending, THE ENDING BEING THE BEST PART ALWAYS! The ending had me stop reading and actually having to think about what I was reading. I WAS GETTING BLINDSIDED THE WHOLE TIME!! It was just amazing and I can never get over the ending t ...more
Kim Smiley
First of all, part one of this book, Blood Brothers, is only 247 pages long. The page information for this book is incorrect. Part II, Sin and Salvation is 377 pages long.

So, part 1, which is really the third book in this series, was better than the first and second installment. Things are beginning to make sense, but you really have to pay attention to the very beginning of the book or you'll be lost.

I've read some reviews that have no idea what is going on with this book. So, if you don't want
Deb
May 27, 2013 Deb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series was originally released in 2005 and 2006, and was four separate books. Walmart recently repackaged and re-released the series as two volumes, each containing two of the original books. This seems to be the trend in books these days because I've been seeing soooo many others being redone this way. Anyway, I noticed it and paused to look at it a few times before finally giving in and buying it.

I wish I would have written this as soon as I'd finished reading because now enough time has
Beth Hudnall
Mar 20, 2014 Beth Hudnall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is great. though it does lag somewhat in spots here and there. Unseen 2 will always keep you on your toes and will make you never want to stop reading it. The ending is a little confusing but the last page of t all, your jaw practically drops in surprise. Read it and find out because you wont regret it!!
Angela
Jun 14, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Gonna be blunt about this story, first I enjoyed the story plot and kept me interested from book 1 and also in book 2, it did get a little confusing cause of the characters Byron, Jared & Nicolas, but once you got closer to the end of book 2 all was coming together and was able to understand what part or parts the characters portrayed, however, book 2 is a cliffhanger and I very well didn't like that. There definitely should be a 5th installment to this story, or it gonna leave everyone that ...more
Danny Needles
Feb 09, 2015 Danny Needles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is the first one i read. I could understand some of the events that were happening.
Dragonlady-sci-fi-fantasy
My Daughter got me hooked on this series. I love that my kids love to recommend and trade books with me!
Cassandra Smith
this book was just ok. very prediCtable
Mary
Jan 10, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with this book. The first one was better. I figured this out before I even got halfway through it. The ending was very disappointing as well. It was a big let down. Don't waste your time on reading the first book or this one.
Stephanie
I thought this book was as good as the first one until I got to the end. In my opinion, there should have been at least one more chapter. Most of the questions that you have during the series are answered but the ending caused me to have a whole new question that unfortunately will never be answered since it was the end of the series. That is the only reason that I gave it 3 stars instead of 5.
Stephen
Nov 14, 2014 Stephen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Unseen 1 (Books 1-2) and I loved Part 1 of Unseen 2 (Book 3), however, the booked ended without an ending. The writer finished the book as if she were out of paper and just ended it where she left off. Too many open stories left unfinished between almost every character. Very disappointing. The book had a great story but when you end it the way it ended, it ruins the entire series.
Janie Johnson
Aug 12, 2012 Janie Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow another fantastic read! Very fluid and easy to read. A great finish to this series. Some nice twists to the story that will definitely make you second guess yourself. I loved the mystery and the "scary" feel about the series and how the author leads you slowly to the terror making you sit on the edge of your seat. Definitely one of my faves this year!
Kelly Phelps
Dec 18, 2012 Kelly Phelps rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book however I didnt care for the ending unless they plan on making another one. I dont like to be left hanging and then never know if they are going to finsh it or not. Deffinatly worth reading though I would recomend it to others who like paranormal fiction.
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 6
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 12 (The Wallflower, #12)
  • Doctor Mars (Mindcop Dossiers, #1)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • 妖狐×僕SS [Inu x Boku Secret Service] 04
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Attack on Titan: No Regrets, Vol. 2
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...

The Unseen (4 books)
  • It Begins (The Unseen, #1)
  • Rest In Peace (The Unseen, #2)
  • Blood Brothers (The Unseen, #3)
  • Sin and Salvation (The Unseen, #4)