The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Despite our best intentions, many of us find ourselves routinely overeating at meals, snacking mindlessly, or bingeing regularly. As emotional eaters, we turn to food for comfort, soothing, distraction, and excitement. There’s a disconnection fueling our eating, robbing years from our lives, and we know it. We’re tired of restrictive diets that lead back to overeating, and...more
Published November 6th 2012 by New World Library (first published October 23rd 2012)

Omar Manejwala
With The Emotional Eater’s Repair Manual, Simon has written a prescription for emotional eaters that is clear, frank and effective. Simon begins by explaining the problem…and the fact that another diet cannot possibly solve it. By framing the problem as emotional hunger, she is then able to explore how various forms of self-care can resolve the insanity that goes along with chronic overeating.

The book is divided into three sections: mastering self-care skills, tuning up biochemistry and filling...more
Kim Oczkowski
This book is phenomenal!!! Changing my life.
Courtney
This book resonated with me in such a way, it took me 6 months to read it. I kept putting it down because I wanted to really think about it, and not miss a single bit of the wisdom inside. I will be re-reading and rereading this book for years to come. I think it is the kind of book that I will get something different out of each time.
Gregory
Lots of sound information, wisdom, and advice here. I appreciate her holistic (body/mind/spirit) view of things. Yes, it takes more to lose weight than mere "willpower". As a male reade, my big complaint is that nothing on the cover indicates that it is a book for women. 95% of the advice would be equally relevant to women or men, so why write the book with only a female audience in mind?
Nycki
Extremely helpful book- helps you find the root of the problem versus just saying "you're fat, eat less and exercise more it's that easy".
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
kdc
kdc marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Julian Pecenco
Julian Pecenco is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2014
Mai
Mai marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Lynsie
Lynsie is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Amanda (Mandy)
Amanda (Mandy) is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2014
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2013
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Monica
Monica is currently reading it
Nov 11, 2013
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013