Start by marking “Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance” as Want to Read:
Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance

Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The only thing stronger than the call of duty is the call of desire! This anthology of military erotic romance serves up a team of hot-blooded men (and women) from every branch of the military who serve their country and follow their hearts wherever they might be stationed. When the mission is done, the unit is recalled or the ship pulls into port, they set their sights on ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Cleis Press

To ask other readers questions about Duty and Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duty and Desire

Emerald Emerald
I'll be honest--I felt a slight twinge of apprehension about this book. I personally feel deeply disturbed by war and by what seems to be humanity's collective propensity to see it as inevitable. I felt a small degree of concern that I might see the final version of this anthology as filled with "us vs. them" bravado, anti-"enemy" sentiment, and/or lacking the considerable reverence I feel even a peripheral association with the topic of war calls for.

In reading this collection, I discovered my c
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was an anthology of short stories all revolving the military with contributions from a plethora of authors. I understand that I put Kristina’s name down as the author, but she edited the book and there were so many authors to list, so I felt it was easier to put her name down.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about reading an anthology to be honest. I like one author, one story, one pl
Danni
I've read a lot of erotica but have never picked up a collection of erotic romance, so when the opportunity to read & review this book, I jumped at it.

I am so happy that I did. Kristina Wright has collected a wonderful cross section of stories showcasing the incredible men & women who choose to serve their country in the armed forces, and by extension, the people (military and civilian) who love them.

The sex is hot - the romance aspect of the guidelines did absolutely nothing to dilute
Del Grindle
Being born & raised in the Hampton Roads area ~*~ I appreciate an erotic book about our service people ~*~ It is a great read & I look forward to reading more of her work
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

As everyone knows I have soft spot in my heart for men and women in uniform. I love a good military romance. Why? These are the people that make is possible for me to read all my wonderful smuttiness! It’s smut-tastic!

May is Military Appreciation Month. Monday was Memorial Day. So, what better way to honor our men and women in uniform than to read some wonderful smut all involving men and women in uniform.

Duty and Desire is an anthology of short stories about men and women in uniform. There are
Christi Snow
Title: The Long Ride Home
Author: Delilah Devlin
My Rating: B+
A Little about the Story: A hot little piece about 2 soldiers finally home where they can let off steam without the strictures of regulations to hold them back.

Title: Night Witch
Author: Connie Wilkins
My Rating: B-
A Little about the Story: After the crash of her plane, Yelena finds safe harbor and much more in this wounded soldier's home.

Title: Shattered
Author: Shanna Germain
My Rating: D
A Little about the Story: This piece was too dark
Erin O'Riordan
When I get a new short story anthology from Cleis Press, I always check first to see who edited it. My favorite anthologies are typically the ones edited by Kristina Wright. After spending several months of 2012 immersed in reading war and sex, combat stress and camaraderie, wounds and healing in James Jones' War Trilogy, I was thrilled when 'Duty and Desire' showed up with Wright's name on the cover. The forward and introduction, by Cat Johnson and by Wright, deal with the sensitive nature of w ...more
Ora McGuire
As with all anthologies, some stories are better than others. My favorite pieces were by Elizabeth L. Brooks and Lynn Townsend, but I have a totally biased opinion.
Michelle
A collection of contemporary and historical military erotic romances. Almost all new to me authors so it was nice to try someone new. I’ll admit, I think the collection was a little over crowded. Since there were so many authors included in the collection I felt that almost all of the stories were too short. I didn’t get a chance to be drawn in and fall in love with the characters. I realize that novellas are supposed to be short stories, these were just too short for me. I also would have enjoy ...more
Shirley
A must read sexy and emotional collection of erotic romance that includes military men and women and their loved ones at home.
Delilah Night
Well written, well plotted stories. I really enjoyed the inclusion of LGBT stories.
Michelle
Jun 25, 2014 Michelle added it
Shelves: anthology
DNF
Kim Heimbuch
This book is not for the modest or faint of heart, but it definitely is a mild read for beginners to erotica and each story will pull you deeper into wanting more. I highly suggest adding this title to your nightstand reading....Read Full Review Here
Lizzie
TOO HOT FOR WORDS
I always found people in uniform sexy as hell, but this book, these stories... I actually felt my heart open and burn for the men and women for whom this is not just a story. I cant wait to get all my military girlfriends to read this with their men and hear how the sparks flew! Whew! Just Awesome!
Marisella
I loved this diverse collection of erotic military shorts. Some were hot and heavy, some were sweet and sentimental but they were all well written. I love that duty to family and country was honored, and even the saddest story left us a sliver of hope.
Beenee Reads
This is a great compilation of short military erotica. You really can't get any better than the sweet, always scorching stories written here.
Katherine O'Grady
I bought this one from Diesel.

A pretty good collection of love, lust and sex in all types of military and many eras.
Donna J
First story - The Long Road Home by Delilah Devlin
**Okay plot, hot car sex scene. 3 stars
Melanie Mac
Meh. Was expecting more..
Gwenn
Gwenn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Addy Reads
Addy Reads marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
CaroB
CaroB added it
May 18, 2015
Leona Swanson
Leona Swanson marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Cassandra Kenyon
Cassandra Kenyon marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Kate Flynn
Kate Flynn marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jenny.Gabelgmail.Com
Jenny.Gabelgmail.Com marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
judith Wheeler
judith Wheeler marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Bonds of Desire (Wicked Play, #3)
  • Mistress of the Storm
  • Fade (Fade, #1-3)
  • Lust & Longing: A Collection of Erotic Shorts
  • Hot and Haunted
  • Sudden Sex: 69 Sultry Short Stories
  • The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica Volume 10.
  • Perfect Weapon
  • A is for Anal (The ABCs of Erotica, #1)
Steamlust: Steampunk Erotic Romance Best Erotic Romance Lustfully Ever After: Fairy Tale Erotic Romance Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women Dream Lover: Paranormal Tales of Erotic Romance