Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance

Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The only thing stronger than the call of duty is the call of desire! This anthology of military erotic romance serves up a team of hot-blooded men (and women) from every branch of the military who serve their country and follow their hearts wherever they might be stationed. When the mission is done, the unit is recalled or the ship pulls into port, they set their sights on...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Cleis Press

To ask other readers questions about Duty and Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duty and Desire

Emerald Emerald
I'll be honest--I felt a slight twinge of apprehension about this book. I personally feel deeply disturbed by war and by what seems to be humanity's collective propensity to see it as inevitable. I felt a small degree of concern that I might see the final version of this anthology as filled with "us vs. them" bravado, anti-"enemy" sentiment, and/or lacking the considerable reverence I feel even a peripheral association with the topic of war calls for.

In reading this collection, I discovered my c...more
Danni
I've read a lot of erotica but have never picked up a collection of erotic romance, so when the opportunity to read & review this book, I jumped at it.

I am so happy that I did. Kristina Wright has collected a wonderful cross section of stories showcasing the incredible men & women who choose to serve their country in the armed forces, and by extension, the people (military and civilian) who love them.

The sex is hot - the romance aspect of the guidelines did absolutely nothing to dilute...more
Del Grindle
Being born & raised in the Hampton Roads area ~*~ I appreciate an erotic book about our service people ~*~ It is a great read & I look forward to reading more of her work
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!

As everyone knows I have soft spot in my heart for men and women in uniform. I love a good military romance. Why? These are the people that make is possible for me to read all my wonderful smuttiness! It’s smut-tastic!

May is Military Appreciation Month. Monday was Memorial Day. So, what better way to honor our men and women in uniform than to read some wonderful smut all involving men and women in uniform.

Duty and Desire is an anthology of short stories about men and women in uniform. There are...more
Christi Snow
Title: The Long Ride Home
Author: Delilah Devlin
My Rating: B+
A Little about the Story: A hot little piece about 2 soldiers finally home where they can let off steam without the strictures of regulations to hold them back.

Title: Night Witch
Author: Connie Wilkins
My Rating: B-
A Little about the Story: After the crash of her plane, Yelena finds safe harbor and much more in this wounded soldier's home.

Title: Shattered
Author: Shanna Germain
My Rating: D
A Little about the Story: This piece was too dark...more
Erin O'Riordan
When I get a new short story anthology from Cleis Press, I always check first to see who edited it. My favorite anthologies are typically the ones edited by Kristina Wright. After spending several months of 2012 immersed in reading war and sex, combat stress and camaraderie, wounds and healing in James Jones' War Trilogy, I was thrilled when 'Duty and Desire' showed up with Wright's name on the cover. The forward and introduction, by Cat Johnson and by Wright, deal with the sensitive nature of w...more
Ora McGuire
As with all anthologies, some stories are better than others. My favorite pieces were by Elizabeth L. Brooks and Lynn Townsend, but I have a totally biased opinion.
Shirley
A must read sexy and emotional collection of erotic romance that includes military men and women and their loved ones at home.
Delilah Night
Well written, well plotted stories. I really enjoyed the inclusion of LGBT stories.
Michelle
Jun 25, 2014 Michelle added it
Shelves: anthology
DNF
Kim Heimbuch
This book is not for the modest or faint of heart, but it definitely is a mild read for beginners to erotica and each story will pull you deeper into wanting more. I highly suggest adding this title to your nightstand reading....Read Full Review Here
Lizzie
TOO HOT FOR WORDS
I always found people in uniform sexy as hell, but this book, these stories... I actually felt my heart open and burn for the men and women for whom this is not just a story. I cant wait to get all my military girlfriends to read this with their men and hear how the sparks flew! Whew! Just Awesome!
Marisella
I loved this diverse collection of erotic military shorts. Some were hot and heavy, some were sweet and sentimental but they were all well written. I love that duty to family and country was honored, and even the saddest story left us a sliver of hope.
Beenee Reads
This is a great compilation of short military erotica. You really can't get any better than the sweet, always scorching stories written here.
Katherine O'Grady
I bought this one from Diesel.

A pretty good collection of love, lust and sex in all types of military and many eras.
Donna J
First story - The Long Road Home by Delilah Devlin
**Okay plot, hot car sex scene. 3 stars
Julie Alvarez
Julie Alvarez is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Stacy Buescher
Stacy Buescher marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Suzi
Suzi marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Emma Taylor
Emma Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Elsa Jorgensen
Elsa Jorgensen marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Steamlust: Steampunk Erotic Romance Best Erotic Romance Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women Lustfully Ever After: Fairy Tale Erotic Romance Dream Lover: Paranormal Tales of Erotic Romance