Cover Up

Cover Up

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  552 ratings  ·  31 reviews

Lauren Olcott loves her job — but more than one person at her company would like to see her gone — permanently.

Until a few days ago Lauren looked forward to a long career with Paradise Pharmaceuticals. But now after stumbling upon a scheme that would siphon millions of dollars into the pockets of corporate executives, she's not sure she'll live to see tomorrow.

As Lauren

Published January 28th 2004 by Covenant Communications (first published January 2004)

Tanis
Poulson writes a good mystery - lots of suspense. I liked "Cover Up" but it wasn't my favorite of all the books I've read of his. This one was a little too predictable for me. The others I've read have completely thrown me off the trail, and I like being totally surprised, but he almost gave too much away in this one. I knew who the bad guys were from page 1, I knew who was going to fall in love with who by page 10, and I even knew who was going to be a traitor. So, too much information, but the...more
Patricia
Somehow, I thought I had started reading this book and quit. Maybe I did earlier, but as I listened to the audio book today, I realized that I had listened to the entire book. My husband, daughter and I had listened to it together at some point. So perhaps now I have had three interactions with this book. The rating is probably 2.5 rounded up to 3. I think I prefer Poulson's books that talk more about police procedure...than this did. I don't know what this lacked exactly but I wasn't as enamore...more
Miranda Nelson

I liked this book quite a bit. I love a clean murder mystery! It wasn't my favorite of Poulson's but it was very interesting and kept me wanting to know what happened next. There were so many twists and turns! Unlike some reviews I've read, I was invested in the characters and cared about their outcomes. I liked that he didn't mix too much romance, just enough to keep it believable. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!
Susan
I haven't been disappointed in any of Poulson's books. And Coverup is another fast-moving, exciting murder mystery. In this book a young woman discovers that some of the officers of her company are embezzling money and are out to ruin the company and then disappear. However, when they find out she is on to them, her life is in danger--and the lives of many people around her. It's a book I couldn't put down.
Verona
Although this book of Clair M. Poulson's was fairly predictable, it was easy to follow, had some suspense, and a good story. My husband and I enjoyed it as we listened to the audio version this week. It was one of his shorter books, so we listened to it in just a few trips to Show Low, AZ this week for doctor visits. It sure helped make our traveling more fun.
Erin
Definitely had its suspenseful moments and kept me guessing 'till the very end. And of course, it was sprinkled with a bit of romance ;)
I admit, it was a little slow at the beginning, but after the first couple chapters, I could not put it down. I literally stayed up all night to finish it. Loved it! :)
Pamela
I just finished this book today. I liked it alot. I am going to read more from this author. i think I will suggest this one to my book club next time it is my turn. Very similar in style to Betsy Brannon Green.
Tani
This book was...ok. It wasn't really believable, the dialogue and even some of the descriptions were super cheesy, and the ending was way too quick. It definitely wasn't my favorite of Poulson's books.
Larry
Poulson has a keen way of writing the emotions and thoughts of female characters that makes you forget that the book is actually written by a man. All the books that I've read of his are brilliant!
Adam Goodman
This is not one of the authors best novels. It was too unbelievable and the characters were not likeable. Although I wouldn't recommend this book, I have enjoyed other books by Clair Poulson.
Paij
Another LDS mystery on CD from my mom. It was pretty entertaining and I was excited to get back in the car to see what would happen next. A little cheesy and predictable but I liked it.
Amy
So far this has been a pretty good, captivating book. A little strange how they throw the gospel in here and there, but still pretty good.
Janet Wilcox
Intrigue, detective, mystery...sometimes a little far fetched. Had an LDS connection, which made it interesting for me.
Nadine Smith
I thought the story was too predictable and unbelievable. The characters just didn't feel like real people to me.
Magen
I liked the story, it was very intense, but the Mormon stuff in it felt forced, it kindof ruined it for me a little.
Chris
I enjoyed the book, I normally don't read this genre but i enjoyed it. I have my cuz to thank for the book.
Debi Lyman
I've read 4 of Clair M Poulson's books lately- I love them. He's an LDS mystery writer. Great, easy read.
Hilary Roberts
Good basic LDS mystery and love story wrapped in one. Nothing special, but definitely good.
Connie
A page turner. Not only was it a good romance, but it was a pretty intense mystery.
Shayne
Gotta love an author who can continuously pump out one great novel after another!
Lee Bean
Easy read from the perspective of a law enforcement officer. Mystery type.
Not Poulson's best novel, that's for sure. I'd skip it if I were you.
Debbie
This was a very good book. Both my daughter and liked reading it.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book. Itw asn't my favorite, but it was a good read.
Kelli
It's an LDS author and I thought it was a pretty good book.
Tyler Holmes
I'm pretty sure I read this one. So another good book. :)
Lynne
Lots of action in this book. I enjoyed it immensely.
T
clean but predictable. ok fluff though.
Lholfeltz
Good story with plenty of plot twists.
Deborah
Name-dropping sports juvenile fiction.
  • Poison (Haggerty Mystery, #6)
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Abandoned
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • Some Sweet Day
1986241
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past...more
More about Clair M. Poulson...
I'll Find You Blind Side Mirror Image: Lost and Found Don't Cry Wolf