Start by marking “Cover Up” as Want to Read:
Cover Up

Cover Up

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  627 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews

Lauren Olcott loves her job — but more than one person at her company would like to see her gone — permanently.

Until a few days ago Lauren looked forward to a long career with Paradise Pharmaceuticals. But now after stumbling upon a scheme that would siphon millions of dollars into the pockets of corporate executives, she's not sure she'll live to see tomorrow.

As Lauren

Published January 28th 2004 by Covenant Communications (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Cover Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover Up

Hotpinkpolkadots
Oct 08, 2014 Hotpinkpolkadots rated it it was amazing
This book is full of suspense and has a new twist or turn at every corner. This book is a mystery at every corner there is a murder or they are dodging bullets or getting a new car or uncovering yet another secret. That could get Donovan and Lauren killed. Who can they trust? Lauren doesn't know who to trust. And when she accidentally emails a person she hasn't seen for over 7 years. Will he come to the rescue or will he leave her stranded. He wonders is this a prank or is this for real? Should ...more
Chelseyam
Oct 09, 2014 Chelseyam rated it it was amazing
nyone that loves a good conspiracy theory, or just likes to see things from another angle should take a look at Damien Comerford’s Cover Up. This book will take you through a few of the most groundbreaking news stories of this generation’s lifetime. Although there’s already been a lot of talk about the investigations not being as thorough as they should have been Comerford’s book really takes a fascinating look at the stories which theories as to why they weren’t analyzed as they should have bee ...more
Gail
Jan 26, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing
What an exciting book. This has a lot of suspense, action and enough scary stuff to keep you looking forward to the next chapter - it was hard to put down. The author does a great job of interlacing church membership/activity and spirituality to add to the story. It is so good because you don't have to worry about terrible language or immoral activity. You knew who the bad guys were and then there were a few you didn't know until pretty close to the end, but you weren't sure how exactly the main ...more
Kandi
Sep 16, 2014 Kandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love a good book!

you know it's good when you can't put it down. a little romance , a little mystery, action all in one to keep wanting to read more. love Poulson books.
Tanis
Dec 27, 2008 Tanis rated it liked it
Poulson writes a good mystery - lots of suspense. I liked "Cover Up" but it wasn't my favorite of all the books I've read of his. This one was a little too predictable for me. The others I've read have completely thrown me off the trail, and I like being totally surprised, but he almost gave too much away in this one. I knew who the bad guys were from page 1, I knew who was going to fall in love with who by page 10, and I even knew who was going to be a traitor. So, too much information, but the ...more
Patricia
Jan 10, 2014 Patricia rated it liked it
Somehow, I thought I had started reading this book and quit. Maybe I did earlier, but as I listened to the audio book today, I realized that I had listened to the entire book. My husband, daughter and I had listened to it together at some point. So perhaps now I have had three interactions with this book. The rating is probably 2.5 rounded up to 3. I think I prefer Poulson's books that talk more about police procedure...than this did. I don't know what this lacked exactly but I wasn't as enamore ...more
Ssgustafsongmail.Com
Aug 23, 2015 Ssgustafsongmail.Com marked it as to-read
this is burned under novel
Miranda Nelson
Sep 07, 2012 Miranda Nelson rated it really liked it

I liked this book quite a bit. I love a clean murder mystery! It wasn't my favorite of Poulson's but it was very interesting and kept me wanting to know what happened next. There were so many twists and turns! Unlike some reviews I've read, I was invested in the characters and cared about their outcomes. I liked that he didn't mix too much romance, just enough to keep it believable. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!
Susan
Jul 17, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
I haven't been disappointed in any of Poulson's books. And Coverup is another fast-moving, exciting murder mystery. In this book a young woman discovers that some of the officers of her company are embezzling money and are out to ruin the company and then disappear. However, when they find out she is on to them, her life is in danger--and the lives of many people around her. It's a book I couldn't put down.
Verona
Sep 11, 2013 Verona rated it liked it
Although this book of Clair M. Poulson's was fairly predictable, it was easy to follow, had some suspense, and a good story. My husband and I enjoyed it as we listened to the audio version this week. It was one of his shorter books, so we listened to it in just a few trips to Show Low, AZ this week for doctor visits. It sure helped make our traveling more fun.
Erin
Jul 11, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
Definitely had its suspenseful moments and kept me guessing 'till the very end. And of course, it was sprinkled with a bit of romance ;)
I admit, it was a little slow at the beginning, but after the first couple chapters, I could not put it down. I literally stayed up all night to finish it. Loved it! :)
Pamela
Jun 15, 2009 Pamela rated it really liked it
I just finished this book today. I liked it alot. I am going to read more from this author. i think I will suggest this one to my book club next time it is my turn. Very similar in style to Betsy Brannon Green.
Tani
May 01, 2012 Tani rated it it was ok
This book was...ok. It wasn't really believable, the dialogue and even some of the descriptions were super cheesy, and the ending was way too quick. It definitely wasn't my favorite of Poulson's books.
Larry
Jan 05, 2009 Larry rated it it was amazing
Poulson has a keen way of writing the emotions and thoughts of female characters that makes you forget that the book is actually written by a man. All the books that I've read of his are brilliant!
Adam Goodman
Aug 12, 2010 Adam Goodman rated it it was ok
Shelves: lds-fiction
This is not one of the authors best novels. It was too unbelievable and the characters were not likeable. Although I wouldn't recommend this book, I have enjoyed other books by Clair Poulson.
Paij
Mar 13, 2009 Paij rated it liked it
Another LDS mystery on CD from my mom. It was pretty entertaining and I was excited to get back in the car to see what would happen next. A little cheesy and predictable but I liked it.
Amy
Nov 13, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
So far this has been a pretty good, captivating book. A little strange how they throw the gospel in here and there, but still pretty good.
Janet Wilcox
Jun 05, 2011 Janet Wilcox rated it liked it
Intrigue, detective, mystery...sometimes a little far fetched. Had an LDS connection, which made it interesting for me.
Nadine Smith
Jul 06, 2012 Nadine Smith rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I thought the story was too predictable and unbelievable. The characters just didn't feel like real people to me.
Magen
May 17, 2010 Magen rated it liked it
I liked the story, it was very intense, but the Mormon stuff in it felt forced, it kindof ruined it for me a little.
Chris
Mar 29, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, I normally don't read this genre but i enjoyed it. I have my cuz to thank for the book.
Debi Lyman
Mar 04, 2008 Debi Lyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read 4 of Clair M Poulson's books lately- I love them. He's an LDS mystery writer. Great, easy read.
Hilary Roberts
Feb 11, 2011 Hilary Roberts rated it liked it
Good basic LDS mystery and love story wrapped in one. Nothing special, but definitely good.
Connie
Apr 19, 2010 Connie rated it really liked it
A page turner. Not only was it a good romance, but it was a pretty intense mystery.
Shayne
Feb 01, 2011 Shayne rated it it was amazing
Gotta love an author who can continuously pump out one great novel after another!
Lee Bean
Aug 19, 2008 Lee Bean rated it liked it
Easy read from the perspective of a law enforcement officer. Mystery type.
Sep 05, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Not Poulson's best novel, that's for sure. I'd skip it if I were you.
Debbie
Nov 11, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book. Both my daughter and liked reading it.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book. Itw asn't my favorite, but it was a good read.
Kelli
Nov 18, 2010 Kelli rated it really liked it
It's an LDS author and I thought it was a pretty good book.
  • Poison (Haggerty Mystery, #6)
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • Abandoned
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Closing in
1986241
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past
More about Clair M. Poulson...