Start by marking “I'll Find You” as Want to Read:
I'll Find You

I'll Find You

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,733 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
No one, not even Jeri Satch herself, could explain exactly why she had taken a job hundreds of miles away from her family, friends, and Warren, her perfect boyfriend. It was just something she had to do...because it felt right.

Assigned to work with the bookkeeping staff at a minimum security prison, Jeri was invited to tour the facilities. There she saw a strong young man
Published 2001 by Covenant Communications

Chevelle
Mar 19, 2008 Chevelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE... jk probably 10 and up.
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of my favorites!!!!!! I just finished reading this one a couple of days ago! It took me 3 days to read it! It is a really amazing book that i couldn't put down. My friend was reading it and i was going to a hair apointment so i borrowed it because i didn't have anything to do for those three hours... I couldn't put it down since!!!!!! if i was you, i would read it right away. Its about a lds girl who was playing with her friend when she was five, and he got k ...more
Camille
Apr 03, 2008 Camille rated it it was amazing
I thought the whole plot was very clever...and all and all a great book!
I didn't like jerry's boy friend.
I thought he was a jerk...but other than that it was good.
Donna
Jan 31, 2009 Donna rated it it was ok
Recommended to Donna by: library
LDS fiction. The plot was very preditable, the romance(s) were expected, and the ending was over-the-top happy. And yet I have to admit that I rather enjoyed reading this one.
Jennifer Davis
Jan 07, 2009 Jennifer Davis rated it liked it
I liked this book. It is definitely an LDS read. Others LDS authors I have read only hint at some LDS topics this has a lot of prayer, testimony, gospel and more to it. It was definitely not written by an English major making it an easy read, but intriguingly entertaining none the less! It is fairly predictable if you read a lot of suspense but you can't help but want to read it anyway. He has a fun sense of humor to his writing that I enjoy, and can't help but want to be defensive against some ...more
Apzmarshl
Dec 26, 2008 Apzmarshl rated it really liked it
Quick read, good plot, clean. I like to read Poulson because he is a former cop but as a writer he is a bit of a cheese. I know people get offended by that.
Plot....two young friends playing, one gets kidnapped, the other can't let go that they saw their friend kidnapped and she spends her life trying to find him.......or thinking about him. Not top literature but a good clean read. As usual I am thrown off by the names of the characters..........I have name issues.
Joyce
Jul 01, 2010 Joyce rated it it was amazing
I love his books. They are so good. There's action and a love story in one. His books are tasteful and captivating.

I do find it odd that I just bought this book and another one from the library book sale at the city's summer event and both were about kidnaps.
Jen Nielsen
Mar 01, 2009 Jen Nielsen rated it really liked it
This is a fun quick read. There are a few parts that were a little annoying or cheesey, but overall I enjoyed reading this book.
Barbara
Jan 05, 2009 Barbara rated it liked it
Pretty good story. Not because of the writing style or because he's an exceptional author, but just because of the plot. Especially if ya'll like LDS (chick-flickY) novels.
Amy Barton
I love I'll find you, By Clair Poulson, It is great that I can find clean books about so many different things, I never thought i would find a good book about suspense.
Dixie Bowman
Feb 18, 2009 Dixie Bowman rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book.
Frank
Feb 22, 2009 Frank rated it really liked it
Good western book with a modern twist. Good clean romance also. You ladies would like it I think.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
My first book of Claire's that I read and I loved it. It made me want to read all of his others!
Emmalynn Herbstritt
Feb 22, 2014 Emmalynn Herbstritt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Alyson
Nov 28, 2011 Alyson rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: pretty much no one
Recommended to Alyson by: Andrea Day
Shelves: book-club, fiction, 2011, lds
This novel is infuriating. The plotting is okay, I guess, if you don't mind chains of events that are too unbelievable to ever happen that way. The editing is terrible—over and over again there are sentences that someone should have caught, such as: "Would you be agreeable to signing an agreement?"

But this author cannot write women. The protagonist is a female who, every time she is on the page in a scene, dissolves into tears. There is no event or situation that does not create a waterfall casc
Julie
Oct 14, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
Camille
Jan 09, 2010 Camille rated it liked it
My dad always buys me a book for Christmas and this was the one this year. It was an entertaining book even though it was quite obvious it was written by an LDS author. I'm not sure what it is about so many of the LDS fiction writers, but they all seem to have that same... something. I can't quite put my finger on it. Naivete? It just had a little bit of that cheesy quality, but still a fun read.
Jen
Oct 02, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
Aizlyn needed to read a mystery for school and I had no idea what to suggest since I only read teen paranormal romances. My sister in law recommended this lds fiction mystery and I actually loved it! Thanks Kaley!
Traci
Mar 30, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it
This book was a fast reader. It was a good suspense book without the filth that usually fill this type of book-LDS author. Lots of mormon references-some made it a little too churchy for me. Otherwise, a great read.
John
Jul 18, 2010 John rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, probably because of the child abduction angle. So many of the real stories end tragically, that it's nice to fantasize about one that isn't so tragic.
Sevenupps
Mar 29, 2009 Sevenupps rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book as much as some of his others. The heroin was a bit of a wimp.
Gail
Feb 17, 2017 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense Story

What an intense book that kept me anxious for each chapter - hard to put down because of the struggles each character played. I love this author's writing and because of his law enforcement career I can't help but think that his stories come from his experiences. We truly learn from this story how ones life and parents can determine the outcome of a child. We also learn about commitment of a friend to keep a promise. We learn that if we take things to the Lord we will be guided and
Glen
Jan 04, 2017 Glen rated it liked it
Too much romance and not enough action.
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2016 Alyssa rated it did not like it
I'll Find You: A Novel of Suspense Boyfriend Drama and Jeri Crying Her Eyes Out Every 2 Pages

I wanted to like this book. I read the synopsis on the back, and decided that it sounded quite intriguing. Intriguing enough that I dismissed the fact that it was LDS Fiction, which are normally books that I hate. I never expected it to be a thought-provoking novel or anything, but it at least sounded like a fun, suspenseful, short read.

Unfortunately, this reminded me why I stay away from LDS Fiction. I
Austin
Dec 19, 2016 Austin added it
"a terrifying scream from outside penetrated the house. Mindy whirled, and tore through the door across the hall, and to the window of Rusty's room. Jeri was screaming, Rusty was nowhere to be seen, and an old green car was leaving a trail of blue smoke as it hurtled away from the curb.
"'I'll find you!' Jeri screamed as Rusty's head popped up in the front seat of the old sedan and then was shoved roughly back down by the driver." This is sample of the book "I'll Find You!" it is a very interesti
Sarah Dickinson
Sep 20, 2016 Sarah Dickinson rated it liked it
I liked the over all message of the book but the romance was a bit cheesy and then ending wasn't too climactic and very predictable.
Annalisa
May 03, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it
I've never read an LDS fiction book that is a bit of a thriller before. I enjoyed the mild suspense that this book gave you and thought the romance was great. I like that the author himself has so much experience with law enforcement to really give facts for a situation like this. If you like LDS fiction you will really like this book.

Deseret Book Description:
Mitchell Butcher
Recently I read the book, “I’ll find you” by Clair M. Poulson. Jeri Satch is haunted by her long lost friend Rusty who was kidnapped by a man. Rusty was kidnapped when they were playing outside one day and Jeri promised she would find him. This book was very well made. The author made it very interesting by putting something always next to interfere with Jeri finding Rusty. I will be honest though at times it would get tedious to read. It seemed to get boring after she went through this emotion ...more
Erin
Mar 12, 2011 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, lds, utah
Why does so much LDS fiction have to be bland? This one would fall into the bland category. There were two things that really bothered me. First, does the main character have to cry every danged second! Really, Poulson? Couldn't you have a stronger female character. Honestly, she cried when her boyfriend asked her a question, she cried at the thought of having to talk to Rusty, she cried on the phone, she cried at her job, she just plain cried constantly. As you can tell, I am not a fan of her c ...more
Mallory
May 02, 2016 Mallory rated it it was amazing
Carli Anderson
Jul 07, 2015 Carli Anderson rated it it was amazing
This was the first book of Poulson's that I read, and it's what got me hooked. The leading lady, Jeri, watched her best friend get kidnapped when they were kids. She shouted "I'll find you" to the back of the car that drove away with him. Years later she is prompted to take a job at a prison far away from friends and family. One particular inmate makes an unforgettable impression on Jeri. His resemblance to her childhood friend is uncanny, and she can tell he doesn't quite fit the typical inmate ...more
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Abandoned
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
1986241
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past
More about Clair M. Poulson...