Start by marking “Land of the Pilgrims' Pride” as Want to Read:
Land of the Pilgrims' Pride

Land of the Pilgrims' Pride

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In the New York Times bestseller, Sweet Land of Liberty, Ellis the Elephant sets off on a quest to find out how America became a free and exceptional nation. Now Ellis is back and ready to learn about the birth of our great nation in Land of the Pilgrims' Pride. Written and illustrated by Callista Gingrich and Susan Arciero, Ellis once again educates and entertains as he d ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Regnery Kids (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Land of the Pilgrims' Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Land of the Pilgrims' Pride

Lauren
This book gives little children a great way to learn about our country's history. In this second book of the series, Ellis the elephant takes children on the journey through the start of our country. He goes through the Mayflower and how the pilgrim's came over on it, and how they befriended the Native Americans who lived there already. They met Pocahontas and they started their colony. Ellis explores the beginning of our government and how Ben Franklin discovered the electricity that we have to ...more
Julie
What a wonderful way to introduce children to the history of our great country. From beginning to end it delivers factual information highlighted by beautiful and child friendly illustrations. The resource section at the end of the book provides additional information.

I purchased this book, along with Callista Gingrich's Sweet Land of Liberty, for my grandchildren. While they are very young I believe that Ellis the elephant, the rhyming text, along with the beautiful illustrations will more than
Sara
Another by Callista Gingrich that my son has so much fun reading. He was literally wooting with excitement when Santa brought another book about Ellis the Elephant for Christmas this year.
Monica
I know it's a children's book, but it's a bit too whitewashed for my taste. Illustrations are nice.
Hillary Steckler
I loved this book. It is essentially a very basic exploration of the settlement of the American colonies by Europeans, written in a way that children can understand. There is a spread for each colony, accompanied by cute illustrations. In the back of the book is a list of child friendly resources and places to visit in each of these states.
Lorna
Look like they changed the title of this one somewhere along the line. I found the rhyming meter uncomfortable, but it is an excellent tour of the Thirteen Colonies, with extra resources at the ned for each colony.
Hwydiva
Very well written and great graphics. Those who say this is republican propaganda have not read the book. It focuses on the people, not the politics.
Tracy
I think that it is kind of tricky to write a book with historical tidbits about the 13 colonies, that rhymes. I liked this very much.
Rita M
Good book on the 13 colonies. A bit too hard for the 2-3 year old crowd. I will get it again in a couple of years.
Joseph J. Duffy
Joseph J. Duffy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jane Lindsay
Jane Lindsay marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 29, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Aug 19, 2014
Jana N
Jana N marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Callista Louise Gingrich, nee Bisek, is the wife of former Speaker of the US House of Representatives, Newt Gingrich, and the president of Gingrich Productions.

from wikipedia.com
More about Callista Gingrich...
Sweet Land of Liberty Yankee Doodle Dandy From Sea to Shining Sea Land of the Pilgrims Pride (Ellis the Elephant) Christmas in America