Start by marking “Star Trek: The Next Generation 365” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Next Generation 365

Star Trek: The Next Generation 365

With the launch of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gene Roddenberry somehow managed to recapture lightning in a bottle. This new incarnation of Star Trek was an instant hit, and its popularity inspired four films and three spin-off television series. To commemorate the show’s 25th anniversary, Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 provides a fresh, accessible overview of the ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Jakub
Feb 13, 2013 Jakub rated it liked it
I was hoping for something better. Good and interesting trivia, plenty of excellent photos, but the overall experience is rather dry and bland - mostly due to mediocre writing. There's also nontrivial amount of info that is simply uninteresting - for me it was tidbits of personal lives of show producers.

Worth reading if you like ST:TNG, will probably be boring as hell for anyone else. If you go for Kindle version, included photos are not that good in terms of resolution.
Julie
Jan 05, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Informative, extremely detailed and riveting to any TNG fan.
Matt Smith
Mar 22, 2015 Matt Smith rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4 stars

Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 was released in the fall of 2012 as part of the show's 25th anniversary. Trek insiders Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdman cover how the series came into being, how it nearly didn't, the fate-like choosing of its cast, and the exhaustive process that goes into developing a weekly TV show — particularly one that already carried a huge fan following before it was even announced.

The book gives a special nod to the show's writers; after all, th
Paul Lunger
Nov 16, 2012 Paul Lunger rated it really liked it
In the fall of 1987, for the first time in over 20 years there was finally a "Star Trek" series on the air. That series, "Star Trek: The Next Generation", would last 7 years & spawn another 3 spinoffs in order to keep alive a franchise that has now been around for well over 40 years. In "Star Trek: The Next Generation 365" Paula Block & Terry Erdman take a look back at the 7 seasons of this groundbreaking show & what it did not only for science fiction, but also for syndicated ...more
David Lott
Nov 03, 2013 David Lott rated it it was amazing
A behind the scenes look at how Star Trek: The Next Generation was created, developed, and produced. The book goes over each episode and at least one interesting element you can find while watching.

For me this book was great. A chance to look at how my favorite show of all time was made is exactly what I wanted from this book and it did just that. I saw pictures that I've never seen before. I got to read fascinating accounts of writers and directors of particular episodes.

Overall it is a must r
Jarrah
Dec 19, 2013 Jarrah rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
This is a good overview of Star Trek: The Next Generation, with short and entertaining behind-the scenes stories about the creation of the series and each individual episode. I liked how many pictures (including things like images of storyboards and behind-the-scenes photos) there were. The 365 format seems a bit arbitrary unless you plan on treating it like a desk calendar and only reading a bit every day, but I found it easier to pick it up for longer periods of time. At least the format makes ...more
Robert
Mar 17, 2013 Robert rated it really liked it
This book includes plenty of fun behind-the-scenes trivia and pictures. It's not necessarily a book you'd read cover to cover, but I enjoyed looking up the commentary about my favorite seconds and episodes. It doesn't have much commentary on the fictional world of Star Trek and the characters; there's more about the producers, actors, and writers in the "real" world. I'd recommend it for the serious rather than the casual fan.
Steven  Wetter
Apr 13, 2015 Steven Wetter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book goes through the birth, life and conclusion of the second series in the Star Trek franchise. It has many rarely seen, behind the scenes, pictures and personal accounts from the many writers and directors involved in the series. It tells how the concepts for many episodes came about and how the dealt with budget restrictions or creative differences. Every season is broken down and explained separately.
This is a must read for any TNG fan.
Preston Postle
Jun 19, 2015 Preston Postle rated it liked it
There's nothing too deep or revealing here; this is 365 tidbits of episode recaps and info about guest stars, writers, spfx, and actors, mostly culled from interviews conducted back in the day. And some swell pictures, very few of which are shocking or particularly rare. A fun revisiting of ST:TNG that's easy to dip in and out of, all in the format of a large brick.
Michael
Feb 11, 2013 Michael added it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013
An absolute must for fans of ST:TNG! The gorgeous photos were a welcome trip down memory lane, and the stories and recollections that accompanied them were wonderful to read. Some were stories I had heard before, but most were new to me and just made me appreciate this show all over again.
Robert Greenberger
Dec 29, 2012 Robert Greenberger rated it it was amazing
A treasure trove of familiar and new facts, stories, anecdotes, and all the behind-the-scenes info you could want from every episode of every season of the groundbreaking television series. Paula Block and Terry Erdmann, yes my pals, did a stellar job once more, aided with lush photography.
Mathijs
Feb 13, 2013 Mathijs rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with lots of insights and interesting tidbits from behind the scenes. I really loved this book and I hope they also make one for ds9 and voyager!
Christopher Gregory
Feb 18, 2013 Christopher Gregory rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, if you are a fan. Lots of cool behind the scenes stuff, plus honest write ups of every single episode.
Chris Donati
Chris Donati rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
Ley
Ley rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
scott abrams
scott abrams rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Gerald Beattie
Gerald Beattie rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Marianne Chrisos
Marianne Chrisos rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Nick Eagland
Nick Eagland rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Noah
Noah rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
David Balcom
David Balcom rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Allen Carter
Allen Carter rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Richard Gombert
Richard Gombert rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013