Star Trek: The Next Generation 365

Star Trek: The Next Generation 365

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  11 reviews
With the launch of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gene Roddenberry somehow managed to recapture lightning in a bottle. This new incarnation of Star Trek was an instant hit, and its popularity inspired four films and three spin-off television series. To commemorate the show’s 25th anniversary, Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 provides a fresh, accessible overview of the...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Jakub
I was hoping for something better. Good and interesting trivia, plenty of excellent photos, but the overall experience is rather dry and bland - mostly due to mediocre writing. There's also nontrivial amount of info that is simply uninteresting - for me it was tidbits of personal lives of show producers.

Worth reading if you like ST:TNG, will probably be boring as hell for anyone else. If you go for Kindle version, included photos are not that good in terms of resolution.
Matt Smith
Actual rating: 4½ stars

Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 was released in the fall of 2012 as part of the show's 25th anniversary. Trek insiders Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdman cover how the series came into being, how it nearly didn't, the fate-like choosing of its cast, and the exhaustive process that goes into developing a weekly TV show — particularly one that already carried a huge fan following before it was even announced.

The book gives a special nod to the show's writers; after all, t...more
Paul Lunger
In the fall of 1987, for the first time in over 20 years there was finally a "Star Trek" series on the air. That series, "Star Trek: The Next Generation", would last 7 years & spawn another 3 spinoffs in order to keep alive a franchise that has now been around for well over 40 years. In "Star Trek: The Next Generation 365" Paula Block & Terry Erdman take a look back at the 7 seasons of this groundbreaking show & what it did not only for science fiction, but also for syndicated televi...more
Jarrah
This is a good overview of Star Trek: The Next Generation, with short and entertaining behind-the scenes stories about the creation of the series and each individual episode. I liked how many pictures (including things like images of storyboards and behind-the-scenes photos) there were. The 365 format seems a bit arbitrary unless you plan on treating it like a desk calendar and only reading a bit every day, but I found it easier to pick it up for longer periods of time. At least the format makes...more
David Lott
A behind the scenes look at how Star Trek: The Next Generation was created, developed, and produced. The book goes over each episode and at least one interesting element you can find while watching.

For me this book was great. A chance to look at how my favorite show of all time was made is exactly what I wanted from this book and it did just that. I saw pictures that I've never seen before. I got to read fascinating accounts of writers and directors of particular episodes.

Overall it is a must r...more
Robert
This book includes plenty of fun behind-the-scenes trivia and pictures. It's not necessarily a book you'd read cover to cover, but I enjoyed looking up the commentary about my favorite seconds and episodes. It doesn't have much commentary on the fictional world of Star Trek and the characters; there's more about the producers, actors, and writers in the "real" world. I'd recommend it for the serious rather than the casual fan.
Robert Greenberger
A treasure trove of familiar and new facts, stories, anecdotes, and all the behind-the-scenes info you could want from every episode of every season of the groundbreaking television series. Paula Block and Terry Erdmann, yes my pals, did a stellar job once more, aided with lush photography.
Michael
Feb 11, 2013 Michael added it
Shelves: 2013, non-fiction
An absolute must for fans of ST:TNG! The gorgeous photos were a welcome trip down memory lane, and the stories and recollections that accompanied them were wonderful to read. Some were stories I had heard before, but most were new to me and just made me appreciate this show all over again.
Mathijs
Excellent book with lots of insights and interesting tidbits from behind the scenes. I really loved this book and I hope they also make one for ds9 and voyager!
Christopher Gregory
Fantastic, if you are a fan. Lots of cool behind the scenes stuff, plus honest write ups of every single episode.
Larisa
Loved it. Want to rewatch the series.
Prime Time
Prime Time marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Moises
Moises marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Joshua Lemke
Joshua Lemke marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Ivan
Ivan is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Vrej Hezaran
Vrej Hezaran is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2014
Voinageo
Voinageo marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Star Trek 365: The Original Series Star Trek: The Original Topps Trading Card Series Lust's Latinum Lost (And Found) (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Star Trek: Strange New Worlds III Star Trek: Strange New Worlds VII