Start by marking “Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #2)

Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels #2)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,769 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
As the former Messenger Archangel, Gabriel has had lifetimes to search for the one woman intended for him. So he's surprised to discover Juliette Anderson in the dark corner of his favorite pub in Scotland, the land he's called home for two thousand years—and the last place he expected to find her. The connection between them is strong, hot and instantaneous.

Juliette is in
Audio CD
Published June 29th 2012 by Tantor Media (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Messenger's Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messenger's Angel

Libby Wyatt
I loved it. To put it simply. It's sort of like a guilty pleasure reading this series. Adult fiction, sexy Angels, kick-ass female leads, peril, mysterious, brotherly bonds. I could keep going but I only have a limited amount of words. Gabriel was great to read about and Jules was amazingly smart and beautiful. The many different POVs at first were confusing but made complete sense towards the end, and I ended up enjoying reading from so many different characters both good and bad in nature. I c ...more
Claire (_Book Huntress)
This book is action-packed, sexy, romantic and so much better than the first one. 4 well earned stars!
****************************************
"Good God, she thought, as she stared up at the curve of his chin, the broad plane of his shoulders, and the vast expanse of muscle across his chest and midsection. I'm in bed with an archangel."

I had a very good picture in my head of Gabriel (view spoiler)

The archangels as you will be aware from book 1 of the series live in America
Mada
Mar 17, 2014 Mada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sure the archess Samael wants is the one who belongs to Michael. Michael is the one who took Samael's place in Heaven and became the Old Man favourite. So now I can bet Sam wants to take something as equally important from Michael. Sam wants to hurt Michael the same way he was hurt when he lost his place as the Old Man's favourite archangel. That's the reason he came to earth: to get revenge.
I hope Max and Lilith will end up together. I like them so much.
Helyce
I really looked forward to reading Messenger’s Angel by Heather Killough-Walden. I have a thing for the fallen angel trope and this one seemed interesting even while similar to others out there.

Messenger’s Angel is book two in this series. In book one, Uriel finds his archess, so the archangels now know that these archesses really do exist and the remaining archangels are ever hopeful that they, too, may at last find the one woman created especially for them. In this book, Gabriel is featured a
Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Gabriel has been searching for his Archess, his soul mate, for two thousand years. The problem is that a team of Andarians are also searching for the Archesses, hoping to steal their powerful healing abilities. Samuel Lambent is also determined to track down an Archess, for reasons that he has yet to reveal.

Although Gabriel can flit anywhere in the world that has a door (using the archangels mansion) the group of archangels are based in America. However, Gabriel feels that Scotland is his real
Christine
Jun 17, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, own-it
I’ve been reading quite a bit recently. The reason for this is there are SO MANY GOOD BOOKS COMING OUT, and Messenger’s Angel is one of those.

The second book in the Lost Angels series (the first focuses on Uriel), this one is about Gabriel and his archess, Juliette. I really enjoyed Avenger’s Angel and waited quite impatiently for Messenger’s Angel to come out, and of course, the day it came out, I raced to the bookstore to get it.

Let me tell you, the wait was worth it.

Heather Killough-Walden, w
Maddux
Look at that cover! He's so pretty - I want to scream and roll around on the floor!

Okay... *gets up off the floor*

There are a lot of things that really kept me coming back to this book. After the first in the series, events were predictable, but I still wanted to see it through to the end.

But... Then at the end! There's a bit of the next book. Azrael's book. Dude. I want to read Azrael's book so bad. And I have to wait 6 months! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I still don't understand the Adarians' motivation
Michelle Randall
Every since his brother Uriel had found his archess, things at the mansion had been a little rough for Gabriel. He needed to get away and find himself, so back to Scotland he went. He never strayed too far from her, this was where he felt most at home. He just never expected to look up from an ale in the pub and into the eyes of his archess.

Juliette was doing her thesis research in Scotland. She always felt connected to it, but never could figure out why, and then there were all the fuzzy dreams
Mrs Wilson
Feb 27, 2016 Mrs Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: various
Messenger's Angel (No Spoilers)

Due to a few different reasons I have been a bit delayed in reading this book having pre-ordered it and then it sitting waiting to be read on my bookshelf until now so a bit annoyed I didn't get to read it earlier! This is the second book by the author Heather Killough-Walden I have read and I really enjoyed it after having discovered her through Avenger's Angel. The author has been added to my favourite authors list which include the likes of Gena Showalter, Kresl
tsukino
Aug 17, 2015 tsukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Solo Azrael

Questo secondo capitolo della serie Lost Angels, conferma ampiamente l’impressione avuta con La notte degli angeli caduti.
Se il primo è banale e prevedibile, questo è pure lento, per almeno 2/3 è estremamente lento. A mio avviso ci sono fin troppi POV: Juliette, Gabriele, Daniel, Kevin, Sam, gli altri tre pseudo arcangeli più il guardiano e la prima cherubina, Lilith, gli altri tre Adariani … ho dimenticato qualcuno?
Non è necessario che Daniel, nel giro di due pagine ripeta tre volte
Elena
Feb 19, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few months has past after former Avenger's angel Uriel and his archess Eleanor's wedding and, even if he and Uriel never got along that much, Gabriel (former Messenger's Angel) is pleased for his "brother" happiness. But he wonders when his time to be that happy will come and so he decides to go in the only place on Earth where he feels home: Scotland.

Juliette Anderson is also there for some research for a Tv serie on Scotland's populations and traditions commissioned by publishing and media e
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Messenger's Angel is a paranormal romance and the second book of the Lost Angel series (excluding the prequel, "Always, Angel" which should be read prior to starting this series).

The first book, Avenger's Angel, focused on Uriel and his archess, Ellie. This one was about Gabriel, the Messenger Angel, and his archess, Juliette. The characters of Gabriel and Juliette are intriguing and captivating but the mystery of Sam, Kevin (the General) and the new adversary, Daniel really moved this story alo
Jialeng
Jun 25, 2014 Jialeng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let's all take a moment to appreciate the fact that Gabriel Black has to be the sexiest man alive with an equally sexy Scottish accent. Yep, I am sold.

Angels are my favorite. Add in archangels and bam, you have my soul. Or my first-born. Regardless, I love love this book. And this is coming from someone who didn't read the first book. The plot was great, and seeing from what I have read, Killough-Walden is not afraid to use the same plot twice, and still point it to you. Yep Michael, I am talkin
Franzi
Feb 15, 2015 Franzi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-gelesen
Nachdem ich den ersten Band um den Erzengel Uriel und seine Gefährtin Eleanor recht gelungen fand, gefiel mit der zweite Band um Gabriel nicht ganz so gut. Juliette ist glücklicherweise kein komplett willenloses Frauchen, sondern zeigt Zähne und weiß ich auch zu wehren wenn es brenzlig wird. Und das wird es bei ihr im Verlauf der Geschichte immer mal wieder. Denn so oft wie Juliette entführt und kurzerhand von einem Ort zum nächsten verschleppt wird – da ist mir mittendrin schon fast die Lust au ...more
Scandal
Jun 25, 2012 Scandal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love, love, love!!! Just returned from vacation...I'll post a longer review tomorrow but I have to say - HKW has done it again...beautiful story and now I REALLY need to visit Scotland.

Here's a link to my formal review...

Hbeebti
Jul 29, 2012 Hbeebti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was even better than the first. Loved Gabriel and Juliette. I cant wait to read about Az and Sophie next. What I am dying to know is what the heck Samuel is up too. I am struggling to figure out of he is good or bad or just a combo of both. Whats his ultimate plan?
Roxy
Apr 08, 2016 Roxy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen Lindeman
Death's Angel, book 3 of The Lost Angels series, is due to be released in Dec/Jan.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: An action-packed novel with great characters in an amazing setting of Scotland. This was a great follow-up novel in the Lost Angels series.

Opening Sentence: Juliette sidled back on the massive four-poster bed, a remotely hesitant part of her still wanting to get away.

The Review:

I was way more impressed with Messenger’s Angel than I was with Avenger’s Angel. Maybe it was because the series has been set up so I didn’t have to sit through long
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I love seeing how different authors play with angel mythology considering they are one of the few fantasy creatures with some built in lore of their own in actual religious texts. One thing that bothered me was the characters referring to God as “Old Man”. I got the feeling that Killough-Walden was trying too hard to hide the connotation to the Judeo-Christian God. Personally I was a touch bothered by the terminology and probably would have been less ir
Twiggy
Jun 24, 2012 Twiggy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Angel series and a follow up.

Juliette travels to Scotland to prepare a history mini series. Whilst there she is bewildered to find that she is suddenly developing magical powers to control the weather , teleknesis and the power of healing.
Gabriel bumps into her and realises that she is his mate/ archess ( still don't like the phrase)

The Adarians are also on her trail. This time they have decided to kill the archesses and drink their blood so as to take their power of healing . Th
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Gabriel, former messenger for "The Old Man", is one of the favored four, a group of for Archangels who reside on Earth to search for their Archesses. Gabriel has chosen to make his primary residence in Scotland because of the strong pull and connection he feels for the land and it's people. Known as a bit of a ladies man, he is at the local pub when he spots his Archess across the room. Acting on pure instinct, he grabs her a lays a big wet one on the shocked woman.

Juliette is in Scotland doing
Dorine
Jun 06, 2012 Dorine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Messenger's Angel (Lost Angels, #2) by Heather Killough-Walden If you love unusual paranormal worlds, then Juliette and Gabriel's story will introduce you to enough unique characters to keep us both in agonizing anticipation of what will happen next in the LOST ANGELS series. Yes, there are more than cookies on the dark side!

Juliette Anderson is a struggling anthropology student working on her thesis for her PHD. When she's given a financial opportunity in Scotland, she signs the contract without thinking. After her luggage is lost and one obstacle after
Yasmin
Jan 12, 2013 Yasmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was as great as the first book, if not more so. the only thing i didn't like too much who how much attention was pointed at the Adarians. There was too much about them and in all the good bits. like as soon as the book good super exciting it would end the persons point of view and turn to someone else. I think i just wanted to read more about Juliette and Gabriel at the start of the book. it also took a while to get into the book there was a lot of nothing at the start of the book and ...more
Shirley
Messenger’s Angel is Gabriel and Juliette’s story and the second book in Heather Killough-Walden’s Lost Angels Series. The first book, Avenger’s Angel, laid the groundwork for this series and it was good, but Messenger’s Angel has me totally hooked and there is no turning back. *sigh*

Gabriel is the loner among his brothers. He’s Scottish and prefers to spend his time there as much as he can. He loves his brothers, but there’s no place like home for him and Scotland is it. Juliette, unlike Ellie
Olimpia
Jun 17, 2012 Olimpia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished reading Messenger’s Angel today. Heather did an amazing job on some of the highlights of Scotland. The description of the land and the castles and other historic places were so well written I was able to picture it myself.

Gabriel’s search has finally ended. His Archess, Juliette is his perfect match. She’s good, kind, stubborn and strong. She not only is willing to stand up and fight for herself, but she’ll do anything to save the people she cares about.

The Adarians are back in Messeng
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La mia recensione sul blog: http://romanticamentefantasy.blogspot...

Nel primo romanzo della serie Lost Angels siamo stati introdotti nell'universo mitologico creato da Heather Killough-Walden.
Sappiamo che i quattro noti arcangeli Uriel, Gabriele, Azrael e Michele sono sulla Terra in cerca delle loro cherubine (angeli donna creati da Dio appositamente per essere le loro anime gemelle) da migliaia di anni.
Questo secondo capitolo vede come protagonista principale Gabriele, il "Messaggero". L'arcang
Stefanie Hasse hisandherbooks.de
Zitat:
"Während sie seinen Blick erwiderte, schien sich die Zeit zu verlangsamen. Das Rauschen der Brandung an der Küste glich einer leisen Melodie, Möwen kreischten, der kalte Wind roch nach Salz. In Gabriels Haar sah sie Salzkristalle. Jetzt erschien er ihr wie ein Teil dieses Landes - unerschütterlich, hart, kompromisslos. Und die durchdringenden Augen wirkten sehr alt, von tausend Geschichten erfüllt."
(S. 225)

Inhalt:
Juliette träumt oft von "alten" Orten, in denen sich auf magische Weise die V
Rebecca Matthews
If you have read Avenger’s Angel then you should understand what I mean when I say I can’t wait for that chapter and to be honest it was part of the reason I wanted this book so bad.
The book opens to a hot scene and I’m thinking oh I won’t have to wait very long, then it turns out only to be a dream.
Messanger’s Angel is about one of the four favoured archangels, Gabriel who is searching for his archess and he needs to find her before the Adarians or Sam does.
Of course Sam finds her first and ma
Nereid
Nov 12, 2012 Nereid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-s-books
My attention was captivated instantly from the first paragraph. Those initial few pages were seriously hot and my kindle felt like it would melt in my hands from the exposure. Samael is up to his old tricks again and temptation is always on the menu when he needs to enlist the help of the archangels. Gabriel was a great character, I am a sucker for an accent myself though his caveman behaviour did not create a wonderful first impression but he did save her life a few times so all was forgiven. J ...more
  • Illumination (Curse of The Bond Riders, #3)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Dustin Time
  • The Waking Dragon (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #8)
  • Royal Rebel
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Catalyst (Collide, #3)
  • Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1)
  • Silver Moon (DeJa Vu Chronicles #2)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • For Love of an Angel (The Fallen Warriors #1)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2)
  • Demon's Curse (Imnada Brotherhood, #1)
  • Fatal Desire (Guardians #2)
  • King of the Damned (League of Guardians, #2)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • All For You (The Nephilim, #1)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...

The Lost Angels (6 books)
  • Always, Angel (The Lost Angels, #0.5)
  • Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #1)
  • Death's Angel (The Lost Angels, #3)
  • Warrior's Angel (The Lost Angels, #4)
  • Samael (The Lost Angels, #5)