Start by marking “Clean Eating for Busy Families: Get Meals on the Table in Minutes with Simple and Satisfying Whole-Foods Recipes You and Your Kids Will Love-Most Recipes Take Just 30 Minutes or Less!” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
All moms know what a struggle it can be to get dinner on the table night after night—you want to prepare healthy meals for your family, but picky eaters, busy schedules, and way-too-long cooking times always seem to stand in your way.

Clean Eating for Busy Families takes the challenge out of putting delicious food on the family table on a nightly basis by providing you with
Published November 1st 2012 by Fair Winds Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Clean Eating for Busy Families, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clean Eating for Busy Families

Vanessa Hurst
Jun 29, 2015 Vanessa Hurst rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Loved the premise and intro, and there were many good recipes here, but the book takes a far too liberal interpretation of "clean" eating. Most recipes contain refined flours, chips, or pre-made crackers and many include processed condiments. It reads as if "clean" was an afterthought, which may actually be the case considering the "go clean" notes at the end of each recipe. There are some solid recipes that I'd believe kids would enjoy (e.g. stealth blending cauliflower into mac & cheese), ...more
Kylie
Jun 14, 2016 Kylie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, cookbooks
I haven't tried anything from this yet, but I'm really excited too. I love the layout, information, and idea of this book. I'm hoping to slowly turn my family to whole foods, and train my kids young how to eat healthily.
Jessica
Sep 19, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, cookbooks
Being that I am obsessed with real foods, this book is a godsend for quick meals and lunches. Will def purchase to add to my cookbook shelf.
Carey
Apr 05, 2013 Carey rated it it was amazing
GREAT collection of healthy recipes that feature all-natural ingredients. No sugar. No white flour. So good!
Christine
Jul 05, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: general-health
Found some interesting vinaigrette's to try.
Reina Callier
Mar 20, 2015 Reina Callier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best cookbooks I've ever used. Everything I've cooked from it has turned out PERFECTLY, which is a credit to Dudash's clear instructions, and everything has been gorgeous and flavorful to boot. Some family favorites include the Pad Thai (which is just as good as the Pad Thai from my favorite restaurant), the lentil salad, the buffalo chicken dip, and the peanut brittle bars. In addition, the cooking tips sprinkled throughout are things that I've been able to apply to my cookin ...more
kami joy claggett
Dec 27, 2014 kami joy claggett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, quick yet healthy, flavorful recipes

Actual recipes I can make using mostly everyday ingredients, providing a healthy meal while feeding a family of 7. This book is worth the money. Note. I normally substitute 1/2 meat with quinoa in many dishes like everyday spaghetti, taco meat, chili, soups, stews, even pancakes to make meals healthier. Cooked quinoa will keep svrl. days in fridge & can be added to most dishes.
Marissa García
Mar 10, 2014 Marissa García rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I really like that the recipes in this book to do not skimp on flavor or spice. Bold flavors like ginger, feta, sundried tomato or Chinese five spice populate the ingredient lists. It is, at the same time, within an average taste range. The approach is more realistic and will please foodie parents and picky children alike.
Alicia M Leonard
Ok

Some good recipes in this book. I wouldn't consider all of the ingredients used as "clean" but overall the recipes are pretty healthy. This could be a good starting point for someone new to the clean eating lifestyle.
Lynnea
Mar 05, 2014 Lynnea rated it liked it
Lots of great pictures with the recipes! I was just expecting more than a cookbook - more hints, how-to's, etc. (there are tips with the recipes) If you are just looking for a bunch of healthy recipes, you'll appreciate this book more than I did.
Elissa
Dec 26, 2013 Elissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Simple recipes for getting food on the table during the week. I like that it has easy recipes, but doesn't rely on processed shortcuts (like condensed soup) for flavor.
nana
nana rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
1verylovedmom
1verylovedmom marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Thad
Thad marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Nancy Perez Avila
Nancy Perez Avila rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Sheri
Sheri added it
Jul 17, 2016
Chelsea Mollak
Chelsea Mollak rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Kelly Brennan
Kelly Brennan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Cecilia McCole
Cecilia McCole marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
TheEmptySky
TheEmptySky marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Harley Lawrence
Harley Lawrence rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Lauren Riley
Lauren Riley rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Cecily Mary
Cecily Mary is currently reading it
May 04, 2016
Laura rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2016
Jessica Ernest
Jessica Ernest rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Kimberly Krzic
Kimberly Krzic rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Danielle Setina
Danielle Setina marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Clean Eating with...: What are your clean eating New Year's resolutions? 7 17 Feb 06, 2013 08:47PM
  • The Romney Family Table: Sharing Home-Cooked Recipes and Favorite Traditions
  • The Best Of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes To Keep You Lean And Healthy
  • Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille
  • Start Fresh: Your Child's Jump Start to Lifelong Healthy Eating
  • Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking
  • Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook
  • 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids: The Very Best and Easiest Playtime Activities from Funathomewithkids.Com!
  • Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime
  • A Year with Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes, and Ideas to Bring Families Together
  • Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes
  • How to Talk to Kids So Kids Liste
  • A Zombie Ate My Cupcake!: 25 Deliciously Weird Cupcake Recipes
  • Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting: Simple Skills to Transform Your Child
  • The Big Book of Casseroles: 250 Recipes for Serious Comfort Food
Michelle Dudash is an award-winning registered dietitian, Cordon Bleu-certified chef, healthy recipe columnist for The Arizona Republic‘s “Healthy Dish”, television nutritionist and recipe developer. Michelle is cookbook author of the upcoming, Clean Eating for Busy Families (Fair Winds Press, December 1, 2012). She is nationally recognized as an expert in teaching people how food and health can d ...more
More about Michelle Dudash...