Start by marking “Puck Bunny” as Want to Read:
Puck Bunny

Puck Bunny

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published April 6th 2012 by Amazon.com

To ask other readers questions about Puck Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puck Bunny

Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoBlue Lines by Toni AleoTaking a Shot by Jaci Burton
Hockey in Fiction ~ Adult Books
45th out of 74 books — 204 voters
Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoFalling for the Backup by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni Aleo
Best Sports-Hockey Romances
81st out of 139 books — 88 voters

More lists with this book...

Kimberly
The cover of this book is perfect. It grabbed my attention and made me want to know more about the story. Checking out the description convinced me to add this novel to my “to-read” shelf. I was excited when I won a signed copy of this book as part of the Goodreads first-reads program.

This book was different than the other YA books I had read recently. There was much more of a focus on Sammi’s interactions with the adults in her life than I expected. This contributed to the older vibe I got from
Julie
PUCK BUNNY is a great read for anybody who likes a) chick lit, b) teenage family drama and c) ice hockey. That's why I luuuurved it--especially the ice hockey part!

The main character is Sammi, a high school ice-hockey player who's recovering from an ankle injury and has some issues with her dad, a buff minor-league hockey coach. Her main problem is his girlfriend, a “bleached blonde bimbo” named Brianne, who’s intent on becoming his 'trophy wife.' I can really see why Sammi doesn't like her.

Fa
Nakita McDonagh
After her mother's death, Sammi will do anything to get her father's attention, including quitting figure skating to take up hockey. Dad's the head coach of the Devils, an AHL hockey team. But when a brutal hit during a high school playoff game puts Sammi's goalie career on ice, she embarks on a reckless plan to regain her father's affections. One that will either destroy or piece back together her tattered family.
Get rid of Dad's new fiancee? Check. Lose weight and become a stylish fashionista
Theresa K Read

In this rollercoaster ride, Author Joelle McClure does a fantastic job of realistically portraying Sammi’s internal turmoil and the world of women vying for attention from AHL hockey stars. The story starts with Sammi’s reckless, attention seeking actions, and follows her through a journey of self discovery where she learns self respect is more important than revenge and that everyone, even frenemies and neglectful parents, deserve forgiveness if not a second chance.
Kel (Bookworm)
Rating - 4.5

Very good story. Great characters, it was awesome to see Sammi grow. I wish there was a bit more hockey (it's my fave) but it was hard to put down.
Jessica Martin
I would like to see this tory continue in some sort of way.
Aliah Hybicki
Aliah Hybicki marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Adriana Stone
Adriana Stone marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Oliviavatrihotmail.com
Oliviavatrihotmail.com marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Shar
Shar marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Hannah Faires
Hannah Faires marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sarah Blazewick
Sarah Blazewick marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Zan
Zan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
María Silvia
María Silvia marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Aleksandra
Aleksandra marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Home Ice
  • On Thin Ice
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • On the Fly
  • How To Quit Playing Hockey
  • Taking Charge
  • Breakaway (The Penalty Kill Trilogy, #1)
  • Mea Culpa (Requiem, #1.5)
  • The Moonstone (Wolfmoon, #1)
  • In the Zone
  • The Mall
  • For the Love of the Game
  • On These Courts
  • Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods, #1)
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • The Chicago Cap Murders
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)