Start by marking “Unplugging Power Struggles: Resolving Emotional Battles With Your Kids Ages 2 To 10” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  12 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Teasing, theft and the need for privacy are just a few of the interpersonal issues children need to be able to handle. These new books introduce problem-solving techniques, including:
-- Brainstorming possible solutions;
-- Anticipating how each action will affect others; and
-- Selecting the best solution for the situation.Each story presents several alternatives for reade
Paperback
Published May 1st 1999 by Parenting Press

To ask other readers questions about Unplugging Power Struggles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unplugging Power Struggles

Elizabeth  Fuller
Dec 18, 2008 Elizabeth Fuller rated it liked it
Generally good, common sense advice on how and when to a) stand your ground, b) negotiate a compromise, or c) let the child win. Unfortunately, the specific thing we have the most trouble with (power struggles that occur at the moment we HAVE to do something - such as get out the door to school on time) aren't really covered. But for the times when you have more time to consider, negotiate and coach your child, this could be very helpful.
Myrna
Feb 28, 2012 Myrna rated it really liked it
Decided to read this to discover new ways to deal with my 8 yr old stepson. He's in an acting out stages (sneaky, lying, stealing money) not just with us but with his teachers. Who knows, this book might not be the right one for this, but Faull's first book I read was very good (easy to read, etc..) so I thought I'd gie it a go.
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
May 18, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Caren Wyatt
Caren Wyatt rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2013
Christyc
Christyc rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Michele Hane
Aug 08, 2014 Michele Hane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
It helps me realize what kids at different ages can actually do.
Ramya
Ramya rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2010
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Shauna Williams
Shauna Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Brooks802
Brooks802 marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Kate Teece
Kate Teece marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015