Start by marking “After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1)” as Want to Read:
After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1)

After the Crux (Crux Survivors #1)

Note: This is an erotic, menage, post-apocalyptic novella. If you enjoy After the Crux, you might also enjoy Vignettes. For more about Vignettes, go here. http://daniworth.wordpress.com/vignet...

In a lonely, plague-devastated world, it is definitely not every man for himself.

Crux Survivors, Book 1

Seventeen years after the Crux Virus wiped out most of the world’s population
Published July 3rd 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about After the Crux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Crux

Double Time by Olivia CunningRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesHotter Than Ever by Elle KennedyBeyond Eden by Kele MoonRule of Three by Kelly Jamieson
Hot MMF
42nd out of 361 books — 327 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardThe Darkest Seduction by Gena ShowalterWicked Nights by Gena ShowalterFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTaking a Shot by Jaci Burton
Erotica/Romance Novels of 2012
94th out of 257 books — 330 voters

More lists with this book...

Monique ~ Sinfully
Oct 17, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it really liked it
Post Apocalyptic Novella with an erotic menage relationship. Loved it...What a great start to a new series!

tumblr_mb4t7ll0nL1qliheqo1_500

For a novella and the first in the series, Dani Worth balances the world building, character development and romance perfectly - throwing a little action and humour in along the way, it is not pretty, it's dangerous and they are constantly on a knifes edge, their lives and home could so easily be destroyed by one small mistake or bad decision. I liked how they all had a place within the fa
Ilhem
Jul 15, 2013 Ilhem rated it liked it
Shelves: mmf, dystopian
This is mmf erotica and I enjoyed it but would have liked it a lot more if I didn’t feel like I read an excerpt, somehow.

The story is set somewhere in the future, years after a virus has decimated the human race. Ross, Dorian and Jenna lead and belong to a small community that is just one notch above primal survival, not yet totally past the fight to not drop at the bottom of the food chain, but already rebuilding. I liked this transitional state they are in, their little civilization and their
Heller
Jul 16, 2012 Heller rated it really liked it
Too short!

I really enjoyed the world-building here and seeing the life the survivors created after the virus wiped most of the world. Sadly, I've noticed in quite a lot of MMF stories that the MM aren't really interested in each other sexually and revolve around the F part. I don't like that so when I read a story that has the MM as engaged into each other as they are with the F I'm a very happy reader. We definitely have this interest here, Ross and Dorian want each other as much as they want a
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story. I really liked all the characters and the story was interesting and believable in what you'd expect from a post apocalyptic world. This is the first story I've read by this author and I liked it well enough that I've already bought book #2 in the series to read.

In this post apocalyptic world, there was a disease called the Crux that killed off the majority of the population and what was left was scrambling to survive. The new world is dangerous as many of
Lynelle
Jul 17, 2012 Lynelle rated it really liked it
After the Crux is the 1st book in a new series that is set 17 years after a fatal disease wiped through the population leaving survivors to fend for themselves in this desolate world. Cities and civilizations are dissertated and the surviving individuals form families and they must raid forgotten towns to find food and other previsions that they need to keep on surviving.

This story primarily revolves Ross, who is pretty much the leader of his “family”. His family first began when he was 14 year
Marissa
Yes, this was short, (my kindle version ended at 87% and I just about had a conniption!), but it was such a fascinating start to a sexy, new dystopian-esque series.

The main story revolves around Ross, who is the unproclaimed leader to a very interesting group of survivors, and the evolving love he is secretly holding for Jenna and Dorian. He has assembled this group into his "family" over the years and they now reside together, adapting as best they can, in an underground home in the mountains o
Chappy
Wow I'm blown away...and still blown away after a re-read.

I want more right now. This novella was awesome; it had a bit of everything I like. Post-apocalyptic setting, survivors struggling to keep each other safe and a super hot MMF romance to boot. Can't wait to continue.
♂♀♂ Mary's Menage Reviews ♥♥♥
You cannot be wrong with this author, Dani Worth.
This is book 1 of a new post-apocalyptic series starting with a MMF but will have MF (coming book2 is announced MF).

To read my full review, follow me on my blog @ http://marywhispers.blog.com/?p=1063
Camryn Lynn
Dec 30, 2014 Camryn Lynn rated it really liked it
This is a quick read, but well worth it. Solid 4 stars

The Crux is a virus that swept the world sixteen years ago, killing most of the population. Ross, our hot main character, was only fourteen when he found Jenna and Dorian, two nine-year-old kids fending for themselves. He took responsibility for them, and as a result the three became a new kind of family. The kind of family only the apocalypse can bring about.

Somewhere along the way, Jenna and Dorian became lovers, leaving Ross out in the col
Brenda
Jul 16, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Dani Worth is not only one of my favorite authors, she's also one of the few writers of menage stories that I truly enjoy. I've sang the praises of her Kithran Regenesis series, which is sci fi erotica. This new series takes place in a post apocalyptic world where much of the population has been wiped out by disease. The survivors have formed communities in order to be safe, gathering those together who want the same thing. Ross, Dorian and Jenna have been together since they were kids. Ross ...more
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Dec 13, 2012 Patti TheLoveJunkee rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic, dystopia
This one was just okay for me. I liked the world Ms. Worth created but would like to know more. Maybe if the book had been longer we could have learned more about the characters too; part of my problem is that I kept getting the characters confused - there were a lot. Also, a few little things bugged me - like they had a gym: in a post-apocolyptic world, where food is scarce and you're fighting to survive, you work out? The end was abrupt. Not a cliffhanger per se, almost as if she wrote a ...more
Dee
I really enjoyed this story. It had a lot of things that appeal to me as a reader. I enjoyed the Post apocalyptic setting, the guys going out on runs for supplies, etc felt authentic.

This story is one of love and survival. The ménage scenes were hot and I found it interesting that the virginal character was a male, not a female which tends to be the norm.

I look forward to the next instalment.

Thanks for the loan book Malinda.
Secretly Reading
Reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Awesome sexy MMF romance with a well-constructed post-apocalyptic world. I hate the author a little for making me wait an undefined time for subsequent stories in this world.
E_bookpushers
Yet another great story from Ms Worth. The emotional tension between the characters, the high stakes outside of their relationships, how they made it all work. Also the growing attachments between the other survivors and something left unresolved that I can't wait to find out about in the next book. Once I started reading I couldn't stop.
Poppy
Jul 30, 2012 Poppy rated it it was amazing
This was awesome. My only complaint is that I need more now :) I guess I'll have to wait though. Great story and oh so very hot! Loved the characters and the setting really pulled me in too.
Nevaeh Wright
Oct 28, 2016 Nevaeh Wright rated it really liked it
This was a good book, albeit a bit short and "serial-ly". It most definitely delivered on the ménage à trois promise while placing all of that heat in an intriguing, harsh post-apocalyptic world with a variety of characters and lots of detail. I did feel that the build-up to the moment where two became three could have been done better; there's a lot of info dumping and telling (probably in an effort to get to the action, which I appreciated) but it happened to the detriment of showing (and thus ...more
Shelly
Apr 27, 2015 Shelly rated it really liked it
After reading Dani Worth’s ‘The Kirthran Regenesis’ series I knew I would like this other series set in a post apocalyptic world. Although this novella has been out for a couple of years, I’m just getting around to it. Set in the Jemez Mountains of New Mexico Ross, Jenna, and Dorian have made a life for themselves and other survivors who they can get to join their small but growing family. Living in an underground but functional home they know that there’s protection in numbers.

Seventeen years
Whitney
Nov 24, 2012 Whitney rated it liked it
Shelves: het, m-m-m
I’m not really big on dystopias, but when I read them, I need to know why the world is in its current state. We know that there’s a virus, but we don’t know what caused it or how it spread. Was is a gradual thing? Biochemical warfare? Result of toxins in the water supply? These are things I needed to know!

All these supply-runs, no one thought to pick/look for up a CB radio or walkie-talkies? Could be helpful when they go on runs or search the waves for survivors. Analog always works in dystopias
Andreja
Nov 23, 2015 Andreja rated it it was ok
"Well. Fuck me." Lynn snatched up an empty plate and fanned herself with it.

This book had the perfect premise. Post apocalyptical world, a group of people who basically had to fight for survival and the unresolved sexual tension between them. I mean that’s perfect, well except for the deadly virus that killed most of the population, but let’s ignore that since it’s a book set in a fantasy world. The thing is everything felt so rushed and there was a minimum of sexual tension. It felt like some c
Erica
One word to me sums this book up: INCOMPLETE. I realize it is the start to a series. I get that. But when it ended, I was like, W. T. F.? It should have had more of an ending to it than just the sudden "that's it?" The relationship between the three characters to me seemed a little undeveloped and maybe I'm just used to having a complete true menage where they are all connected in my threesomes, but I felt like that was definitely missing...it was more like they all had relationships with each ...more
Dawn
Ends at 89 percent

I HATE when books end unexpectedly early, I feel gipped. Also, they are just getting ready to go out on a run and the book ends, so you are left super unexpectedly at 89percent.

Ok storyline, a little to hallmark channel perfect, but I really want to know what happens next...I guess I could if I bought the next book, but I'm disappointed so I'm not buying it.
Charley Descoteaux
Jan 30, 2014 Charley Descoteaux rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, dark
Updated 1/30: Along with the free short the author was kind enough to point me to (grab it here: http://daniworth.wordpress.com/vignet...), this story is four-star-worthy for sure.

I enjoyed this hot post-apocalyptic story world and these characters. I'm looking forward to starting Book #2 today!

Rachael
Jan 04, 2013 Rachael rated it really liked it
I really really really liked this story! I wish it was longer and I can't wait to read more. I want to know how the trip to find Cadmars family went. I want to know what happened with Georgia, Lynn, and Jake. Maybe we will find out what caused the Crux, maybe we won't. I just like how Ms Worth is building tis new world bit by bit.
Brutally Honest
This book is cute. Kind of deus-ex-machina in that all the people manage to work so well together, but it wasn't overly so and I was able to overlook it. The angst and then the no-nonsense way in which they ended up getting together was a nice contrast and felt great. I hate that indecisiveness and the angst from lack of communication or misunderstandings.
Lynn

I liked the characters, I liked the story idea but there's a lot going on for a short book that unfortunately everything felt a bit rushed or cut short. Shame really because I think it has a lot of potential.

It has peaked my interest enough to want to carry on with the series though.
Kathryn
After years together, they all become one. The author has made horrible experiences become beautiful in this story of three. I can see that she will build well on the characters, and the romance will hold the stories together.
Lady Sal
Why did it have to end so quickly? And although the book was a short one, it was absolutely well-written and beautiful. Definitely smut with a plot.
Missmeanie
Feb 09, 2015 Missmeanie rated it really liked it
I love the book but it fell a bit short on the story length. I really really hope there's a sequel. Pleasssseeeeee!!!!
Cheri
Oct 16, 2015 Cheri rated it liked it
It is much to short. a little longer with more interaction between characters and a little bit more scene building and it could easily be a 5 star book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Zack & Ace (Circe's Recruits, #2)
  • Erica's Choice
  • Three to Tango
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Hers to Command (Verdantia, #1)
  • Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #3)
  • Light My Fire
  • Illegal Moves
  • Love at First Bight (Deep Space Mission Corps #1)
  • Taking Stock
  • Polished
  • Arresting Abby
  • Double Coverage
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Habañera
I currently have two erotic series with Samhain Publishing! The Kithran Regenesis is erotic space opera, mostly menage. The story grew, so while the first two are novellas, the third is longer and the fourth even more so. ORIGIN is a full length erotic menage romance. Crux Survivors is erotic post-apocalyptic, some menage and some not. I love to explore the boundaries of new worlds, love, desire ...more
More about Dani Worth...

Crux Survivors (2 books)
  • Sole Survivors (Crux Survivors, #2)