Start by marking “Sinfandel” as Want to Read:
Sinfandel

Sinfandel

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When the body of a young winemaker is discovered during the grape harvest, Kate Cimaglia has no idea there’s a connection between the dead girl and her latest assignment to straighten out the California wine grape harvest database. The last thing Kate needs is a corpse to deal with. She already has narcotics Detective Obermeyer hounding her after a stand of marijuana plant ...more
Published April 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Sinfandel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinfandel

Cheryl
This is the kind of light mystery I enjoy. Heroine Kate buys an old vineyard and immediately starts having problems. Low on funds, she takes a consulting job to straighten out the database on Napa valley grapes. Not only does she find problems with the data, someone reports marijuana growing on her property. And the detective on the case suspects Kate.

Other problems quickly arise. Her ex, who happens to like guns, unexpectedly appears about the time somebody starts taking potshots at motorists.
Adite
The title hooked me. It promised intrigue, hinted at a story set in vineyards and the book more than lived up to its promise. It's a mystery story set in an American vineyard. When a body turns up at down-and-out winemaker Kate's vineyard, things go from bad to worse. Trying to make ends meet, her research into zinfandel growing vineyards only makes her an easy target for an assassin. A bit of romance is thrown in with the arrival of vineyard manager Andy Carmichael, complete with chiseled jawli ...more
Jemima Pett
A murder mystery thriller, set in the Californian winegrowing region, with a lover of horses, dogs, cats, but not raccoons, up to her eyes in grapes, debt and databases. Oh and there’s an attractive man as well as various nutcases all trying to get to know her better!

There are plenty of twists and turns in this enjoyable romp through the vineyards, and plenty of danger as well as misdirection. It’s well written, with believable and engaging characters. I love the idea of the heroine uncovering
Germaine
For once, those five star reviews on Amazon are right! This is an well plotted, well written chick mystery set in the "lesser" wine country of California. The author has created an interesting mix of wine, computers, horses, raccoons, and incipient romance. The heroine is a novice vineyard owner and the plot has to do with the fraudulent sale of grapes -- something I'd never even knew existed. The implied romance comes in the form of the hunky neighbor she hires as her vineyard manager. The hero ...more
Marla Bradeen
Sinfandel is an amusing cozy mystery, bordering on chick-lit. Cresse combines humor, fun characters, and a unique setting to create an enjoyable story. There is a slight romantic storyline, which thankfully does not overshadow the mystery element. The numerous animals involved are contributing characters in their own way and added to the entertainment factor. As someone unfamiliar with how wine is made, I found the information on vineyards and the wine-making process to be intriguing.

I appreciat
DeAnna Kinney
I found this book to be very delightful and charming. Kate was a character oozing with personality; someone with charm and sass that the reader could relate to and envy at the same time.
As someone who deals with racoons herself, I was totally enthralled at the way the author wove that lighthearted segment into the story and then was surprisingly shocked that those little rascals actually helped a vital clue to the mystery. Brilliant!!
Keep up the good work Gina Cresse. You have what it takes!!
Patricia Ibarra
Kate Cimaglia embarks in a new endeavor and buys a vineyard to produce high quality wine. Unfortunagely for her a corpse is found in her property and all her activity comes to a halt. Detective Overmeyer is intent on finding the killer. Guilt is cast on everybody, her neighbor, an ex-lover, and workers. Very slow plot and rather than a thriller it ends up being a romantic boring story. I regretted losing my time reading it.
Jessica
For a self-published novel, I have to say I was impressed. This was exactly was I was expecting--a nice, light cozy full of wine (there were even bonus amusing animals). The ending was a bit rushed, but it was an easy read perfect for a bit of escapism. This is one of the few self-published books I think I'd recommend...and it would probably make a fun gift with a bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate.
Helen Stothard
This was an okay crime story, after a lot of suspense it ended pretty quickly once you found out who dunnit, and several questions were never answered about earlier characters in the book and their part in it. I want sure if there was supposed to be a romance between Andy and Kate, if there was it want much to write about and just confused the issue. Idea behind the story was good and it was an okay read.
Meghan
I won a copy of this book from GoodReads First Reads.

This book was pleasant and entertaining with a main character who was humorous and smart. The plot was interesting, but the only downside was that I figured out who the murderer was pretty soon into the book. I would have preferred more of a twist.

Still, a fun, enjoyable read!
Cristi Wilcox DiGenova
A fun read, especially since I'd just vacationed in wine country. I would have traded in some descriptions of the food that Kate ate (which did sound great) for a little more development of the romantic relationships.
Jen
great story. good mystery, especially when I was able to solve it! thanks for a fun book.
Janice L.
was better than I expected it to be since it was a freebie. I got through Pixel of Ink.
Michelle
Kindle freebie. I enjoyed it well enough, but the end was rather rushed.
Coralyn
A very enjoyable comic murder and mystery story!
Rebecca
Kindle freebie. Cute story.
Eileen
Good kindle freebie
Allison Mcgill
Allison Mcgill marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Judith Weiner
Judith Weiner marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Kendall
Kendall marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Marion Chavez
Marion Chavez marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Pam Cooper
Pam Cooper marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sweet's Sweets (A Samantha Sweet Mystery #2)
  • Happy New Life (Grandberry Falls, #2)
  • Hound Dog Blues
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • Murder is a Family Business (The Alvarez Family Murder Mystery Series, #1)
  • Merrie Axemas
  • The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery #0.5)
  • Rose, Undercover (Dead Roses, #1.1)
  • Murder At The Rocks (A Fitzjohn Mystery, #2)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)
  • Project Produce
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • Mortal Deception
  • Soul Catcher (Dueling with the Devil #1)
  • Risking Eternity (Timeshifters #1)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
Gina Cresse is the author of Colton P.I. - Second Unit, an action-filled detective mystery/thriller inspired by Robert B. Parker's Spencer series. Also, Sinfandel, a light-hearted, fun--and sometimes funny--wine murder-mystery set in California's Central Valley. Gina is also the author of the Devonie Lace Mysteries--a series about a woman who tries to simplify her life by becoming something of a " ...more
More about Gina Cresse...
Colton P.I. - Second Unit A Deadly Change of Course--Plan B A Deadly Bargain: Plan C A Deadly Change of Power A Deadly Change of Luck