The St James Sisters

The St James Sisters

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Five St. James sisters Mary, Sara, Nora, Emy, and Gail are heading across the ocean on a ship full of sailors. Along the way each one falls in love with a man she never expected whether a sailor, an artist, a doctor, or an invalid .
Published (first published February 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The St James Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The St James Sisters

Aimee
Five sisters embark on a journey to a new home, to Brighton, where Mary's (the eldest) fiancee lives. Having lost both their parents and being left practically destitute, the girls have no money to secure passage on a cruise ship. Fortunately, an old school friend of their father's, Charlie, owns a small ship and offers the sisters free passage on his ship, in exchange for light cooking and housekeeping duties. The girls gloomily embark on the small ship for a 3-month voyage along with Charlie,...more
Ginascozylibrary
I would have given this story three stars but the lack of good grammar simply couldn't be overlooked. As a writer, I can't help but to be fickle about sentence structure and having a book be a masterpiece once it is published.

This book was very predictable and not exciting enough for me. Although, if you enjoy books with happy endings, you may want to give it a go. All of our tastes are quite different here but I won't be recommending this book.
Evangeline
This was a nice story, but it read like it had been written by a schoolgirl in an (untimed!) creative writing exam, in a rush and never being proofread. The amount of typing errors and spelling and grammar mistakes was unbelievable, I've never seen so many in a published book before! And it was overly long and drawn out, with a fair bit of repetitiveness. I was surprised when the sea journey ended only halfway through the book, most of the rest was pointless, especially the epilogue where we are...more
Marcia Knight
Five Sisters Five Tumultuous Life Journies

Five Sisters Five Tumultuous Life Journies

Jump on enjoy the ride up and down. Adventures by sea and land hold you in suspense and intense emotional drama
worth every word.
Jeny Mckinsey-
super long. too many characters. I think after they boarded the ship the story could have broken off into separate books for the different sisters. I liked the story tho. I admit tho, I ended up skipping to the epilogue just to see how it all ended. I never do that, this was just too long for me I guess.
Amy Fleck
I disliked the writing and the story did not move. I only read about a third of the book and stopped reading.
Sara
Very long with way too many useless details! Good story though!
Cheryn
3.5/5

"Five sisters" was an enjoyable read. I completely understood when other readers wrote in their reviews that the book was way too long, but I thought that if it did not contain so many chapters, the stories of all five sisters would not have been complete.

A lot of times, "Five Sisters" reminded me of "Little Women" (and yes I am aware of the fact that there are only four sisters in Little Women) due to some of the girls' personalities. However, it was still a very unique, happy, and a love...more
 Northern Light
Five sisters end up on a ship as cooks and general dogsbodies as the only way to get to their new home. It is a journey both literally and emotionally as they are faced with challenges and hardships along the way as well as romance.

This book is a good story and you really invest in the characters some of whom are very much larger than life.

Definitely would recommend it
Skye Turner
Five Sisters was an enjoyable book.
Five separate stories all wrapped into one, but with enough individual detail to make each one memorable in it's own right while still staying connected.
The book reminds me of a gathering with old friends, catching up and sharing stories.
It was wholesome, yet romantic.
Overall, a very nice story and I heartily recommend it.
Adri
Just too many errors! Badly constructed sentences, incorrect word usage.

I really tried, but I am afraid the countless errors prevented me from getting involved with the characters or the story. This is another self-published book with a good plot idea, but poor execution.
Janet Hernandez
It needed more proof/editing but enjoyable book
Faith
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were likable and the plot line was interesting. Although the ending was a little sad, it was a great read overall.
SandraE
Four love stories are interwoven together in this book. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. I look forward to reading another book by this author.
Izola
I rather enjoyed this book. I like how each girl has her own individual story yet they are all intertwined. it is worth the read.
Allie
Apr 09, 2012 Allie marked it as to-read
Kindle Freebie 4.9.12... Cover help anyone? lol
Aadams30
Aug 21, 2013 Aadams30 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
leaving this one......maybe later
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Denice Hadfield
Denice Hadfield marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • Light To Valhalla
  • The Training of a Marquess
  • Passion's Tide
  • Wildfire Kiss
  • The Beginning (McKinnon Legends, #1 )
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Out In The Country
  • Orphan of the Olive Tree
  • Brandywine (The Brocade #1)
  • Of Moths and Butterflies
  • Wronged
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint Of Seven Dials, #1)
  • Spectre of the Sword
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • Arrow to the Heart
  • The Devil's Tide (Devil's Fire, #2)
  • Indiscreet
  • The Macgregor's Daughter
Hate Me Just For You Crushed Guilt Brianna's Game

“sisters” 0 likes
“countryside of Laraford, five sisters and two young men were enjoying the last day of summer. On the far side of the park, a large gathering of aspen trees guarded dusty dirt pathways with their speckled white trunks and a ceiling of crisp green and yellow leaves. Beside the forest, a dry meadow of breezy grass and elm trees spread across the remainder of the park, its only” 0 likes