Start by marking “Red Truck” as Want to Read:
Red Truck

Red Truck

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  51 reviews
The perfect board book for toddlers who love trucks!

Can Red Truck make it up the hill?
Red Truck can! Red Truck will!
ZOOOOM!

This simply told read-aloud tells the story of Red Truck saving a school bus from a mud puddle. Toddlers fascinated by vehicles will love following the candy-colored illustrations, mimicking Red Truck's sounds ("ZOOOOM!" "VROOOOOM!"), and hearing t
Board Book, 26 pages
Published August 30th 2012 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published February 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Red Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Truck

Lisa
I'm marking this book as "read", but more accurately I should mark it as currently reading 50x's a day, everyday. This is Nate's faaaaavortite book. He loves Red Truck. He is a Red Truck groupie. He traces his little finger on the road to show where Red Truck is going, it's so cute. The words are great in this book, it reads great and everyone in this house has it memorized, because Nate follows us around with it and hands it to whoever is willing. Fantastic illustrations too. Five big stars.
Jeana Wert
Red Truck would be a simple, fun book to read to a group of children. The pictures are simple and the grouping of rhyming words make it fun to read. I enjoyed that in each picture, there were different words that were in different colors. I also liked that the lines were so thick and harsh in the pictures. It fit well with the book, and it still had enough colors throughout it. The pictures were different. They look to me like they were simple to draw, maybe with some kind of marker. They weren' ...more
Kristen Rigau
The simple children's book, Red Truck, wrriten by Kersten Hamilton, is a very good read for young children. It is about a small red tow truck that gets a call that a school bus is having trouble getting up a hill. The driver of the red truck hurries to help the school bus and ends up pulling it to safety and helping all of the children get to school. This is a great read for young boys but it is also such an exciting and cheerful book that young girls could be interested as well!

The text includ
Bryant Schumacher
“Red Truck tried -- Red Truck could.” What are the town’s children to do when the bus is stuck through and through? Red Truck will save them, yes, that’s who!

Red Truck by Kersten Hamilton, and illustrated by Valeria Petrone is a fun, Suess-esque quick read. The story is quite the opposite of complex: Bus is stuck, children need help to get to school, Red Truck saves them, children celebrate Red Truck. This is in no way a bad thing considering the book’s target audience. The illustrations are als
Amy Musser
It’s a snowy and slick wintery day and a school bus of children is stuck on a hill. The school bus driver calls up the mustachioed man, who starts up Red Truck and drives through the ice and snow to rescue the bus. A tow truck, Red Truck is able to up it up icy hills, zoooom!, and across muddy roads, sploooosh! The driver attaches the Red Truck to the bus and pulls, pulls, pulls until the bus is free of the ice and snow. The children make it to school and their “hero for a rainy day is Red Truck ...more
Eileen Patterson
This book is adorable. I thought at first that it would be a ripoff of the little engine that could, but it has its own story about a tow truck that can drive through the mud when other vehicles can't and it saves a schoolbus full of kids and gets them to school safely. It's really cute and would be a lot of fun to read to kids.
Rainey
Hamilton's tow truck driver and his trusty Red Truck are local heroes! Saving sliding school buses and rescuing stranded school children are you this gent's morning activities.
Emma
I did not find that this rolled off the tongue. Maybe we have too many truck books. Or the emptiness of the fetish is starting to dawn on the little one.
Lelandic
Beloved red truck. - I found it average, but it's a five star book according to the kids.
Tina
Trucks, rhyming, new words and great illustrations
Erin
Red Truck is about a red tow truck that must help a school bus that has gotten stuck in bad weather. This simple story has repetition, rhymes, and some alliteration as well, and sounds and certain other words are bold and colored to show their emphasis. Most of the illustrations are rounded with soft borders, and the trucks and cars are brightly colored and really stand out against the snowy, rainy backdrop. Babies and younger toddlers will enjoy this short little action adventure and it would m ...more
Bonnie
Red truck to the rescue.
Elias Gustke
start up red truck! VROOM!
jacky
Usually, I miss big chunks of the books read during story time, but today this is the only one from which I missed parts. It was a simple story of a red truck coming to rescue a school bus stuck in some wet snow. There was some suspense about whether the truck could do it or not. I was left wondering why a school bus would be out in questionable whether; why don't they have a snow day? Maybe that is just the New Englander in me.
Terry Gonzalez
Red Truck is about a truck who saves a school bus from slipping down a slope on a rainy day. This book could be read to children from kindergarten to third grade. Its illustrations are colorful and engaging. The book can also be relatable as kids are familiar with riding a school bus and they can imagine these events happening to them. I recommend the book as it has some rhyming as well action words that make it entertaining.
Deserae
This book can be used for beginning readers the rhyme and repetition make it an easy read for young students before no time the students will be reading the book by themselves, this story inspires me to do an activity with my children that forces them to use their imagination, for the activity the students would come up with their own hero and write a story about them saving the day.
Kristine Hall
This book is ADORABLE and between the hero (Red Truck, of course), the illustrations, and the rhyming, boys and girls alike will make this a favorite. I am a Red Truck fan and hoping there are new adventures coming soon! (could I get some pajamas with the Red Truck "Zoom, Zoom" on them, please?) Besides old moms like me, I'd say ages 3-6 will especially like it.
D'Anne
My three year old son really likes this book. The narrative is very simple and repetitive, but not in a way that makes me want to die. I like that the words RED TRUCK almost always appear in the same font and style throughout the book so that Gavin was able to start recognizing the words as we read. The illustrations are also very cute.
Sam
Red Truck is a Work Truck, not a show truck. RED TRUCK PULLS!
Kristin
This book is a good read for much younger students. It can be used to help students understand that it is a good thing to help others. It can also give them hope that bad situations can be fixed. I would consider this a good read, and would include it in the PreK classroom.
Samantha Penrose
Jun 05, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2 year olds
Shelves: kids-books
A very simple story with very basic language that tells of a red tow truck that saves the day for a stranded school bus.
The illustrations are cute and the text rhymes-good for a child around 1 1/2 or 2 years old who likes trucks.
Jessica
I may not have thought this was the best book I've ever read, but I do think that this book would be great for my baby cousin. He loves cars, buses, tractors and trucks, so I know he'd Love this book!
Mari
I have read this book at least 600 times.

I'm not exactly sure what he finds so entrancing about it, but at least it's a quick read. Which is good when the kid wants to hear it 4 times in a row.
Beverly
The red truck is a tow truck that rescues a school bus in the snow and ice. Short story and simple, large illustrations make this a good book for a truck or transportation story time.
Susan
A red truck to the rescue - with bright read-to-a-crowd friendly art and snappy text, this would be a big hit at a winter storytime (or one on one with a truck lover - and hey, who isn't?).
Erin Chambers
I think this would be a good book for preschool aged children. Has rhyming and can also be used to teach little ones about tow trucks and how they help.
Joenna
The red truck is the town's tow truck. It comes to the rescue of a stuck school bus. Text is in rhyming. Cute for a transportation/truck storytime.
Hillary
Pictures are crisp, but whimsical. Good number of words for young children, and nice "zoom" noises to make as the plot hits its climax.
Kim
Simple story, almost too simple for a read aloud, but if, for some reason, you must have a tow truck book- it's not bad.
Tricia
cute, bright pictures. good for toddlers--great sounds. story about a red tow truck that rescues a school bus on a rainy day.
  • My Car
  • Hurry! Hurry!
  • Splash!
  • The Deep Blue Sea: A Book of Colors
  • Hooray For Fish!
Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars, #1) In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2) When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3) Police Officers on Patrol Firefighters to the Rescue