Start by marking “Sixkiller, U.S. Marshal (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sixkiller, U.S. Marshal (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #1)

Sixkiller, U.S. Marshal (Sixkiller: US Marshal #1)

Published August 1st 2012 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Sixkiller, U.S. Marshal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sixkiller, U.S. Marshal

Brandy SixkillerSis
Oct 27, 2015 Brandy SixkillerSis rated it really liked it
Book based off the life of my great great grandpa.
Jeff
Mar 18, 2017 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, western
This book could have been great. The actual story is so full of potential and Marshall Sixkiller, a real person, should have made for a great story. However, this book was bland and dry, the characters felt emotionless, there were breaks in the story line that were not needed and distracted from what was happening. It's sad that I found the information from internet searches more fascinating than the storytelling in this book. It wasn't that I couldn't find anything good but the flaws were so gl ...more
larry brashear
Dec 11, 2016 larry brashear rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Western!

A truly wonderful gripping tale of yesteryear! The good guy wins. Every one of this Author's books literally can not be put down.
Steph
May 07, 2017 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book hard to get into. Maybe I need more time with the hero, as he is a real, historic person.
Lisa Johnson
Sep 24, 2012 Lisa Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: johnstone-novels
Title: Sixkiller, U. S. Marshal
Author: William W. Johnstone with J. A. Johnstone
Pages: 338
Year: 2012
Publisher: Pinnacle
Set right before the Civil War, the story begins with the American Indians being taken from various territories, regardless of their tribe, and placed on a reservation. Through the long journey to get to the reservation, many died in what in history is known as The Trail of Tears. There were intermarriages taking place between the white man and women from the various tribes be
Randy
Sep 04, 2012 Randy rated it it was amazing
John Henry Sixkiller became a Cherokee policeman in the Indian Territory by circumstance. His father, a Cherokee(his mother a white), and he had sold a small herd of cattle and his father had gone to the bank to get the cash for the deal. Leaving the bank, he was shot from behind and robbed. Witnesses identified the killer, a half breed. John Henry got himself appointed a policeman to make it legal and went after his father's killer.

He rose through the ranks to become the chief.

He became a U. S.
Rob Smith
May 29, 2014 Rob Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
This a very good enry as a new series from the Johsntone Clan. It's a bit over long. Seems it could have been broken up since this is still another Johnstone series. Despite the minor criticism of length, this book is head and shoulders above most all other contemporary books involving being over long. At least it's a well written and not excessive over long. The story fills in well.

Please see my review of 'The American' by Andrew Britton that i read just before this book. The writing in this bo
Holly
Mar 16, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
You should not miss this book. It lays out the life of John Henry from a child in the nations, thru the civil war, head of the Indian Police and into his new life as a US Marshall. John Henry Sixkiller is a soft spoken solid man who does his job with a sure and steady hand and an analytic brain. This puts him far and above most of the men he goes up against. He is ready and willing to track and shoot down injustice and has the determination to see it thru. This is the new hero in town.
Frank Haggerty
Dec 30, 2015 Frank Haggerty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on a Goodreads Giveaway. This was the first Western I read in over 20 years! I really enjoyed the story. The characters are well developed and the action is not-stop. The authors have painted a picture of the old west that is inspiring. I will surely read the next book in this enjoyable series.
Beverly
Dec 02, 2015 Beverly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways-won
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I have not read any westerns since Louis L'Amour stories over 20 years ago. Perhaps a real fan of the genre would have enjoyed this more. It struck me as a collection of stories with the same hero. The characters were stereotypes and I never really connected with them. Not a bad book, but I don't care to read more.
Bryan Schmidt
Nov 03, 2016 Bryan Schmidt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid Western, good characters but not as flawed as they could be nor are the obstacles what they could be. Sixkiller is too good to ever risk defeat and thus I was left feeling less satisfied ultimately, especially with an abrupt, rushed as usual final confrontation.
PWRL
Jan 07, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-new
SM
E. C. Swartout
Nov 08, 2016 E. C. Swartout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Painkiller, U.S. Marshal

This was a very good book. The author did a good job of keeping the story moving and entertaining. Recommended you read it.
Jim
Jan 29, 2016 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read many novels by this author and this is another good one. I will recommend this book to everyone.
Jack
Dec 23, 2013 Jack rated it liked it
Shelves: western
Good, solid Western. Lots of action, average writing.
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2016
gordo n robinson
gordo n robinson rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2013
Janie M. Thompson
Janie M. Thompson rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Richard White
Richard White rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
W. J. Walke
W. J. Walke rated it did not like it
Mar 13, 2016
Bettie Simmons
Bettie Simmons rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Louis
Louis rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Suellen Gibson
Suellen Gibson rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
John White
John White rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
John Wyscarver
John Wyscarver rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Harley D
Harley D rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2017
Violet
Violet rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
M A FORD
M A FORD rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Loner (The Loner, #1)
  • The Killing Season (Trail of  the Gunfighter, #2)
  • Law of the Desert Born: Stories
  • Showdown At Yellow Butte
  • Mountain Windsong: A Novel of the Trail of Tears
  • Doc Holliday
  • Shotgun: The Bleeding Ground
  • Motion to Dismiss (Kali O'Brien, #3)
  • Red Cloud's Revenge: Showdown On The Northern Plains, 1867
  • Payback At Morning Peak-A Novel Of The American West
  • A Texas Ranger
  • The Consummata (Hard Case Crime #103)
  • Blood on the Mink (Hard Case Crime #106)
  • Slow Death
  • Gun Work (Hard Case Crime #49)
20852
William Wallace Johnstone was a prolific American author, mostly of western, horror and survivalist novels.

Born and raised in southern Missouri, Johnstone was the youngest of four children. His father was a minister and his mother a school teacher. He quit school when he was fifteen and worked in a carnival and as a deputy sheriff. He later served in the Army and, upon returning to civilian life,
More about William W. Johnstone...

Sixkiller: US Marshal (6 books)
  • Day of Rage (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #2)
  • Eight Hours to Die (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #3)
  • The Hour of Death (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #4)
  • Blood for Blood (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #5)
  • Dead Man Walking (Sixkiller: U.S. Marshal, #6)