Start by marking “Postcards from Cedar Key” as Want to Read:
Postcards from Cedar Key

Postcards from Cedar Key (Cedar Key #4)

Berkley Whitmore, forty-six and never married, runs Berkley's Chocolates & Gems in Salem, Massachusetts. Also an avid knitter, she owns two alpacas whose wool she turns into yarn. Despite her outward confidence, she doubts her ability to have a meaningful relationship.

After her mother passes away Berkley discovers a box of postcards and letters that lead her to Cedar K
Published October 30th 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Postcards from Cedar Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Postcards from Cedar Key

Dec 11, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, 2015
What can I say...I am a sap for these books! I am beginning to feel like the characters are real friends that I know. I think it can be compared to getting caught up in a series on television, only you have to wait a year for the next installment!
Nov 01, 2012 Kaye rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-challenge
It's always a treat to read Terri DuLong's latest book from Cedar Key, Florida. This year was no different. It's like visiting with long time friends and catching up with what has been going on in this wonderful and caring community.

In Terri's last book we briefly met Berkley Whitmore as she considered opening a chocolate shop on the island. Now, she has moved there, opened her shop and is settling in nicely to the rhythmn of island life.

But Berkley has not just come here from New England for w
Kathy Jund
Oct 29, 2012 Kathy Jund rated it it was amazing
Best-Kept Secret

Terri DuLong returns with book five of her Cedar Key series: “Postcards from Cedar Key”, which will by far be one of your favorites! Postcards, is a true work of Women’s Fiction that transports you directly to this small close-knit island community where the residents look after each other while welcoming strangers seeking sanctuary. A story filled with heartfelt emotion that holds you captive while slowly revealing a woman’s struggling journey to salvation, providing the truth b
Nancy Narma
Sep 30, 2012 Nancy Narma rated it really liked it
“Secrets, Memories and Revelations Abound”

We first met dark-haired beauty,(with a purple streak),entrepreneur Berkley Whitmore in Ms. DuLong’s “Sunrise on Cedar Key”, when she visited the island, met Grace, Chloe,
Suellen , plus many others, and decided to stay. She made a deal with Chloe to rent the store front of Chloe’s newly acquired building, and in doing so, had the opportunity to reside in its second floor apartment.. With the death of her Mother from Hemochromatosis, came delays in settli
Julie Barrett
Jul 31, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Postcards From Cedar Key by Terri DuLong
Wanted to read this book as I've been following the series and know there are many things I like about it. To me a good book is one that takes me places and I learn something new. This book has done that and so much more.
The knitting - there can never be enough books about knitting. Also the mystery and just the island living how everybody helps one another out when needed.
There is so much I love about this book: chocolates, knitting, crystals, soft shell
Sep 09, 2016 Leah rated it liked it
This book was all right. Overall, I liked the characters, and the island setting was delightful. That was what I liked best about this book. The food and knitting were nice, too. I enjoyed the Christmas chapters. This book was mostly a romance, though. The mystery was a minor part of the plot, which was disappointing. Also, I didn't like the way that part of the story played out. There was no reason for her to not know about what happened to her mother a lot sooner.
Nov 24, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors
This is the first book from Terri DuLong that I've read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm going to go back and read all the other books in the Cedar Key series.

I've driven past the exit for Cedar Key probably fifty times during the past ten years or so. After reading this book, I finally want to get off at the exit and go visit the key.
Pat Morris
Nov 20, 2012 Pat Morris rated it really liked it
Ongoing series focusing on a close knit Florida community. Berkely settles into Cedar Key looking for some answerws about her mother. Genuine characters enjoying the closeness of a small community.
Dec 02, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
This is a great series, set in a fabulous locale. The book can certainly stand on it's own, but the real fun is in seeing life unfold for the wide cast of charactets.
Sep 13, 2015 IrishFan rated it really liked it
It has been awhile since I read the first few in this series. I found this one at the library the other day and checked it out. It was a great story, I really liked it, read it in less than a day! The story flowed well, I liked all the characters and was interested the whole time. I kept trying to figure out what was going to happen and just couldn't do it. I am wondering though, Berkeley mentions when she meets a couple of the characters that they seemed familiar but didn't know why. The answer ...more
Oct 07, 2012 Desiree rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A lovely story with a twist of mystery and a bit of sweet slightly old fashion romance. It didn't hurt that there was talk of knitting in it as well!
Nov 24, 2012 Nora-adrienne rated it really liked it
This newest Cedar Key novel is a story that will tear at your heartstrings. It will move you and make you thankful for what you have.
Dec 01, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It was an easy read but really just a feel good chic lit book. I'll definitely look for more of her books.
Nov 12, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Another good book by Terri DuLong! I really enjoy reading her books. It makes me want to go to Cedar Key, FL.
Oct 18, 2012 Ivyd rated it really liked it

Berkley Whitmore moves home and chocolate store business to Cedar Key from Salem, Mass. Berkley’s relocation is prompted by the discovery of postcards from her recently deceased mother to her grandmother. Her mother spent a summer in Cedar Key forty years ago and the mystery of why is what Berkley hopes to solve. When Saxton Tate III, British mystery author, enters her chocolate shop for his bi-weekly fix Berkley discovers that more than one mystery awaits her in Cedar Key. At forty-six
Dec 12, 2012 WifeMomKnitter rated it really liked it
From the book synopsis:

Everyone has been eagerly awaiting the opening of Cedar Key's newest shop, Berkley's Chocolates and Gems. For Berkley Whitmore, movie to the peaceful Florida island is more than a business opportunity. Beneath the bright purple streak in her dark hair lies a woman struggling with self-doubts. In Cedar Key, Berkley hopes to uncover the secrets that rippled through her mother's life, and in time, perhaps fill the gaps in her own.

Berkley's mouthwatering truffles and quirky ch
Book of Secrets ☕
Nov 26, 2012 Book of Secrets ☕ rated it it was ok
Rating: 2 Stars

Berkley Whitmore doesn't know why her mother abandoned her during the summer of 1972, leaving her behind with her grandmother in Massachusetts. Neither woman was willing to talk to Berkley about the reasons for the trip, even after she became an adult.

When her mom passes away, she finds a stack of postcards from the summer in question that lead her to Cedar Key, Florida. Berkley moves to the island and opens a chocolate shop. In between her time working at her store and spinning y
Nov 13, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
My Booklist review:

DuLong’s fourth Cedar Key novel (Sunrise on Cedar Key, 2011) finds chocolatier Berkley Whitmore moving from Salem, Massachusetts, to a tiny Florida island. Berkley relocates after she finds postcards between her recently deceased mother in Cedar Key and her grandmother. Berkley remembers the summer when she was five and her mother left her in the care of her grandmother. She feared her mother would never return. Why did her mother abandon her? Why did she return so sad? Althou
Nov 18, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2013 Margaret rated it it was ok
I had read the others in this series, but it had been a while. I love stories about small towns and how people come together to help each other and that is what this book was mostly about. The main plot, though, is one that is quite common...Berkley Whitmore's mother had a secret that neither she nor Berkley's beloved granmother would reveal. Some mysterious postcards turn up after both women died and Berkley is determined to find out why her mother left her with her grandmother for an entire su ...more
Melanie Coombes
Dec 17, 2012 Melanie Coombes rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Berkley Whitmore, in her mid-forties moves to Cedar Key, Florida after the death of her mother. While looking thru the house, she discovers a box of postcards sent back and forth between her mother and grandmother. Berkely makes the move to Florida to discover why her mother left her in her grandmother's care while she spent a summer alone in Cedar Key.

Despite her outward confidence, she doubts her ability to have a meaningful relationship. There, Berkley meets Saxton Tate III, a British mystery
Apr 17, 2013 Jackie rated it it was ok
I felt like I was slogging through treacle. I like a clean book as well as the next person (maybe even more so, since clean writing is high on my list of desirables) but seriously?

1. Basically no character development. Really, not any character that was memorable or even well defined. And there were so many of them, I felt like I needed a chart just to keep them straight.

2. Tired plot.

3. Cause book - one with an agenda: to educate us about abuse and hemachromawhatever it is.

4. Immature writin
Dec 09, 2012 Grace rated it it was ok
Author: Terri DuLong

Title: Postcards from Cedar Key
Description: Berkley, a fortysomething chocolatier, relocates to Cedar Key to find out why her mother had deserted her for a summer when Berkley was five. As she begins to build her life on the island, she makes friends, falls in love, and learns more about what her mother dealt with forty years ago.
Review source: Library Thing Early Reviewers
Plot: The main plot is this question of Berkley’s mother. Fairly early on, Berkley meets a person who co
Berkley Whitmore moved to Cedar Key, Florida to open a chocolate shop. She quickly makes new friends, and learns to love her new home. But Berkley moved to Cedar Key for another reason. Her mother lived on the island years ago when Berkley was a child and left Berkley behind. Berkley has never understood why her mother left her and why she went to Cedar Key. Now a series of postcards she found after her mother died, draws Berkley to Cedar Key, hoping to find the answers to her questions about he ...more
Dec 07, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Postcards from Cedar Key by Terri Dulong is the first book I have read in this series. I don't know how I had not discovered it before this series is the small town feel I love! I will be on the look out for more from this series.

Berkley Whitmore moves to Cedar Key in search of some answers. What she finds is a wonderful community that she quickly belongs too and grows to love. She's not looking for love but it arrives when she meets Saxton Tate the Third.

I enjoyed watching Berkley search for
Linda Smatzny
Jan 20, 2016 Linda Smatzny rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book set on Cedar Key and featuring the residents of the town. This time the story is about Berkley Whitmore who has opened a chocolate shop. She has come to Cedar Key to find answers about why her mother left her for the summer when she was five. Berkley meets and makes friends and starts a relationship and begins to loosen up. The book was a quick easy read.
Jan 21, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
This book was great from the beginning to the end. It is a Mystery/Romance. I don't like a lot of romance novels but this one was delightful not explicit and not full of sex. Terri DuLong made me feel I was there in Cedar Key and one of the people who lived there. I felt all the characters were my friends too. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is about a woman in her middle age who goes to Cedar Key, FL in search of finding out more about her mother. Only thing she has are some postcards from h ...more
Nov 12, 2015 Leslie rated it liked it
An easy read featuring characters from the supportive, idillic island community of Cedar Key. I loved the cover of this book, but why no chocolate clams since they feature so prominently in the story. I enjoyed reading Berkley's story but found the character development was lacking for so many others in the book.
I have never read Terri DuLong before so I didn't know what to expect. I found the writing and character development superbly executed. I loved the characters from the beginning. This is the story of Berkley Whitmore.

Berkley finds Cedar Key through postcards that her mother had sent to her grandmother. Berkley was 5 years old when these postcards were sent and living with her grandmother at this time. Postcards from Cedar Key tells the story of Berkley and why her mother had lived in Cedar Key
Aug 11, 2013 Cat rated it really liked it
Berkley Whitmore, age 46 and never married, discovers a box of postcards between her mother and her grandmother, sent from a place called Cedar Key, FL, to Salem, MA, when Berkley was just 5. Berkley remembers missing her mother that summer but has no idea why she went away. After her mother's death, Berkley decides to investigate and moves her chocolate business from MA to FL to see what she can find out. She leaves her two alpacas in the care of her best friend Jill and heads south, hoping to ...more
  • Something About Sophie
  • Second Thoughts (The Diamond Brides, #4)
  • Deadly Readings (Jenkins and Burns Mystery #1)
  • Wishes and Stitches (Cypress Hollow Yarn #3)
  • All The Pretty Bones (The Hunted, #1)
  • Minding Ben
  • Quilt as You Go (Harriet Truman / Loose Threads Mystery #3)
  • Blind Man's Alley
  • Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #2)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Handmade Holiday Homicide
  • Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters, #3)
  • Snow Deer and Cocoa Cheer
  • Vanity Fare
  • Christmas in Sugarcreek (Seasons of Sugarcreek)
  • Montana Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #3)
  • Sinnerman (Sloane Monroe, #2)
  • The Book Lover
NY Times & USA Today bestselling author of the Cedar Key Series. Debut novel, Lost Souls of the Witches' Castle, was released by a small press in 2002. Based on the mental facility north of Boston where I did my Psychiatric RN training, it weaves the story of a love both past and present. Since the press closed, Lost Souls is no longer in print, but is now available in eBook on both Kindle and ...more
More about Terri DuLong...

Cedar Key (6 books)
  • Spinning Forward
  • Casting About
  • Sunrise On Cedar Key
  • Secrets On Cedar Key (Cedar Key #5)
  • Farewell to Cedar Key