Start by marking “Blood of Dawn (Sloane Skye, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood of Dawn (Sloane Skye, #3)

Blood of Dawn (Sloane Skye #3)

Being a skeptic is somehow making Sloan Skye one of the best profilers in the FBI's new Paranormal Behavioural Analysis Unit. True, her so-called love life isn't any less tangled, but she's beginning to believe she's found a place where her uber-geek smarts and her more out-there methods fit perfectly. Unfortunately, all the incredible things she's seen can't prepare Sloan ...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

Stephanie  G
I picked up Blood of Dawn because I really enjoy urban fantasy and the jacket copy sounded like it would be within my wheelhouse. I am a total newcomer to this series, not having read Blood of Eden or Blood of Innocence. It has the urban fantasy requisites: kick ass chick, multiple love interests (sigh), and the odd creature or two. However, part of what I find problematic with starting a series that’s already in full swing is that often times, the reader will miss out on the emotional developme ...more
May 14, 2014 Sandra rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first 2 books in the series and was eagerly anticipating this one. Boy was I disappointed. Why was I so disappointed?

Major spoiler alert so if you don't want major spoilers stop reading here.

1. The "bad guys" were both incredibly obvious (unsub2) (view spoiler)
Jun 30, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
If you have made it this far, you'll probably enjoy. Actually, this book is possibly the best in the series so far. There's a dose of reality injected - Superintern Sloan gets called out for doing work an intern doesn't and puts the whole team and her position at the PBAU and FBI in an awkward situation when she breaks one too many rules. I really liked that Dane gets her character called out for being overemotional in the moment and charging ahead. Sloan's not out yet though, and there's clearl ...more
Nov 07, 2013 Kirsten rated it it was ok
Blood of Dawn by Tami Dane is the third book featuring Sloan Skye. One thing that urban fantasy series with kickass heroines need less of is some sort of 'love interest bingo.' It's not that people don't get caught up in their romantic lives, but when it's become this predictable, something new needs to be added.

Sloan is a member of the Paranormal Behavioral Analysis Unit, or PBAU, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue. Instead of being given a vacation, or even a break from her work, she’s
Nov 24, 2013 Jolene rated it it was amazing
I love this book, it was a type of book that I could not put down! Murder, mystery, & supernatural all wrapped into one!! Thank You Ms. Tami Dane, I can not wait to read another one of your books!!

Something or someone is killing teenage girls from Fitzgerald High School, and the one of the FBI's elite teams of investigators is called in. You see, the weird thing is, these girls die in their bedrooms from being electrocuted. Each time these girls die, there is a lightning storm, but the girls
Jan 11, 2015 K rated it it was ok
Recommended to K by: library
Okay, I realize I jumped into this series, but it took me at least half the book to figure out sloane sky is a 20yo with eidetic memory, has 2 degrees and almost her masters and is an intern for the fbi...oh and she is half elf. She gets called to help solve a case where teenage girls are mysteriously electocuted and drained of blood.
She goes undercover, does some poor acting as a teenager, has alot of boy angst. For someone with 3 love interests, she sure is amazed at kissing.
I had fun reading
Jan 28, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
Sloan still an intern for the PBAU is put undercover again in the worst place ever, at least to her it is. She is sent back to high school (summer school) when teenage girls are turning up dead. She is fighting her attraction to three different males, trying to get out of being the Slaugh Queen by finding a bride for the king, trying to solve the case of the murdered girls without getting killed herself, and needs a new to place to live since her apartment burned to the ground.

Good story. Lots o
Dec 22, 2012 Maya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, cop
The end of this book was so shocking that my head is still muddled.

The most of the book was very similar to the previous 2. Skye runs around a bit like a headless chicken trying to find the bad guy. All the time her personal life is getting in the way.

JT has finally figure out he wants to be with Hough when she loses the baby but still flirts shamelessly with Skye.

Skye begins to have second thoughts about being a FBI agent.

Teenage girls are being killed by electrocution. Their only link is the
May 31, 2016 Gaby rated it liked it
I can see what this book wanted to be but sadly it didn't quite pull it off. Supernatural police procedural with a plucky intern. But somehow it comes off just slightly silly. It may have been better if I'd not jumped in at book 3 but I'm not sure it would have helped. Plus the twist about the overall bad guy was pretty obvious leaving you getting irritated with Sloan. A candy floss read but not that great.
Jun 24, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
I am not much for ever reviewing books, but I have to say that I was most impressed with this series. It kept me guessing right up until the very end. That being said....I was very disappointed with how this book ended. You can tell that more books are meant to be written, but it seems as though the author has just disappeared. If your still out there, I would so much like to see MORE.
May 14, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
I really like Sloan; she's a lot like me, very sarcastic and not all that trusting so I could identify with her nicely; the story was also well done although I could do without all the romantic situations she puts herself through but when you put that to the side and stick with the story, it's pretty good.
Gypsie Holley
Jan 26, 2013 Gypsie Holley rated it liked it
this series is just crazy. there is so much that goes wrong or happens to the main character, i seriously don't know hope she copes. but it is pretty good, and it makes you read it cause you want to know what could happen next.
Steve Bradshaw
Feb 09, 2013 Steve Bradshaw rated it liked it
Another good book in the series. Somewhat repetitive character but that is to be expected in a series of this type. I am looking forward to Sloan finding out what her "power" is, but obviously will have to wait on another book to be written!
Dr susan
Dec 30, 2012 Dr susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-again
I like Sloane. Blood of Dawn answered a few questions, raised even more, and ended with an unexpected shock. Hopefully, the wait for Sloane #4 will be short.
Nov 04, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
my review will be posted at but in a nutshell:

think criminal minds meets grimm, meets lost girl

very inventive and fun
Ashley B-d
Oct 20, 2013 Ashley B-d rated it really liked it
I enjoy this series. This book was my fav so far. I do hope for a fourth book
Sandi Einarsson
Sandi Einarsson rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Ali rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Anna Carpenter
Anna Carpenter rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Cindy rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Sep 28, 2012 Shelley marked it as to-read
Expected publication: December 4th 2012 by Kensington
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Jen rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Rita rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Gules rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Alyssa rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Jasmine Crabtree
Jasmine Crabtree rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Katie rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Brandi rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues, #2)
  • Demon's Curse (Imnada Brotherhood, #1)
  • Malakai (Wicked Games, #3.7)
  • A Soul So Wicked (Moon Chasers #6)
  • The Slayer (The Legend Chronicles, #2)
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Blood and Magick (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #3)
  • Fire Kissed (Shadow Kissed, #1)
  • Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon #8)
  • Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles #2)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Deliver Me from Temptation (Paladin Warriors, #2)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • Archangel of Mercy
  • Night Terrors (Shadow Watch, #1)
  • Jimmie Joe Johnson: Manwhore (Possum Hollow, #1)
Tami Dane, Tawny Taylor's alter ego, is rarely seen in anything but black sweatpants and hoodies, unless she's in historical garb. And when she's not stomping around in mud, pretending to be someone else, or working on her latest sewing project, she has her head buried in a book or eyes glued to her computer monitor. Not only does she love sewing. She also loves writing. If you’d like to read her ...more
More about Tami Dane...

Sloane Skye (3 books)
  • Blood of Eden (Sloane Skye, #1)
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)