Start by marking “Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings” as Want to Read:
Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings

Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  212 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Whether you're living a paleo, primal, or gluten-free lifestyle, or you simply want to take steps toward a healthier you, Paleo Indulgences can help you curb cravings for daily treats without completely undoing your progress. Life is about balance, and let's face it, special occasions happen, holidays happen, celebrations happen. If you make great choices for nutrition 80% ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Victory Belt Publishing (first published August 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Paleo Indulgences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paleo Indulgences

Practical Paleo by Diane SanfilippoThe Primal Blueprint by Mark SissonIt Starts with Food by Dallas HartwigWell Fed by Melissa JoulwanThe Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
Best Paleo/Primal Books
86th out of 98 books — 142 voters
Gluten-Free on a Shoestring, Quick and Easy by Nicole HunnMake-Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott201 Gluten-Free Recipes for Kids by Carrie S. ForbesLunch Box Recipes by Jane   BurtonDeliciously G-Free by Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Top Gluten-Free Books and Cookbooks
13th out of 65 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Elizabeth Meadows
May 14, 2014 Elizabeth Meadows rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Really good source for recipes for 'cheating with wisdom' when following a diet (most of the time) without grains and sugar. Can also use it for converting traditional recipes to a healthier version, as these recipes provide a framework for using alternative flours and sweeteners, which are usually not 1:1 substitutes.
Christy Duke
Nov 25, 2014 Christy Duke rated it it was amazing
Best cookbook, especially for desserts, that I've found, yet. The Macadamia Nut/Date Macaroons are to die for, and so easy. The Banana Pecan Pancakes have become a staple in this house.
An easy to use and read cookbook!
Pam
Sep 02, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
If I could give this gorgeous cookbook 10 stars, I would. After having tried at least a dozen recipes from Paleo Indulgences (more than I've tried from any other cookbook, and I own over 40), I can honestly say each recipe tastes as good as it looks. And the photography is beautiful!

The recipes are not just for sweets, as you might expect with a title like Paleo Indulgences. I contains a lot of savory dishes, as well. My husband loves it as much as I do because I sometimes treat it as a coffee
Wysterria
Dec 03, 2014 Wysterria rated it really liked it
This book had a ton of recipes I want to try. So far, I have made the blueberry lemon muffins (awesome), zucchini pizza boats (delicious and makes a great supply of homemade pizza sauce) and the mint chip coconut bark (ridiculously easy and so tasty!). Of course, many Paleo people would shun this book, as it provides delicious recipes for desserts, which include things like, gasp!, raw honey or maple syrup. I think it's a great book though! :)
Polina
Feb 20, 2013 Polina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Made more than half of the recipes from this book, definitely a personal record of any other cookbooks I own. And absolutely love the thumbnail table of contents - never fails to have me salivating at the pictures. I found some proportions to be way out of whack though so had to improvise a lot, but as far as inspiration value (which is my primary cookbook reading goal) - it is as good as it gets!
Kristi
This has been my favorite paleo cookbook yet but how can it not be with a title Paleo Indulgences. The recipes are easy and the couple I tried were amazing in taste. Plus she has a recipe for all of my favorite foods. I also like that there is a picture that corresponds to each recipe. This is huge to me when using a cookbook. I am a visual learner and really enjoyed this book. Would highly recommend.
Samantha Jones
Jul 28, 2013 Samantha Jones rated it liked it
Somewhat disappointed in the amount of sugars in the recipes. Not for the LCHF crowds. Also, nothing in here that you can't find on the net for free under another name and with small tweaking of ingredients. But great pictures and nice presentation all the same - perfect for beginners to a Paleo lifestyle,
Cinda
Jan 22, 2013 Cinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: paleo
While I personally shouldn't have a lot of indulgences, it sure has helped to indulge my tween boys while transitioning our home to a paleo diet. Of the many paleo books I checked out from our library, this was one of the three I had to buy.
Tim whitlow
Apr 22, 2013 Tim whitlow rated it it was amazing
I might have gone a bit overboard when i got this, but I love it, most of the recipes are great, and when you are eating a paleo diet, cheating with something from this vs something from the SAD foods is always better. I highly recommend!!!
Christy Sibila
Feb 21, 2016 Christy Sibila rated it really liked it
Another great cookbook in the Paleo Lifestyle arsenal. Fun & simple! Some recipes I can't wait to try? Zucchini Pizza Boats, Sweet Potato Thyme Biscuits, Decadent Brownies, and Gingerbread Mini-Loaves with Cinnamon Maple Frosting.
Diana
Nov 07, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
There are some really good recipes in this book. The ideas on how the make the sweet treats you crave while staying on the Paleo lifestyle help calm the cravings alot. This book is good for anyone who's trying to stay gluten free.
Sara
Jul 08, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
love the writing style and sense of humor. It's a relief to find a book with some healthier alternatives that won't male me feel sick.
Emily
Jul 17, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Great book! Tammy has lots of odd or unusual ingredients, but you can usually find them at the health food store, or whole foods.
Mary
Dec 07, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
There are a lot of great recipes here! The sweet potato biscuits are great and will be our new Thanksgiving staple.
Christine Sanchez
Apr 13, 2016 Christine Sanchez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
Absolutely love the Restaurant Recreation section!
Sparkledaisy
Nov 15, 2013 Sparkledaisy rated it it was amazing
I love this book! The recipes are so yummy!
Stephanie
CINCINNATI CHILI!
Janet
Oct 23, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
nn
Beth Barnes
Beth Barnes marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
soleah staves
soleah staves rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Den Slader
Den Slader rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Lynda Lyle
Lynda Lyle rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Rachael Whitehead
Rachael Whitehead rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Amanda Mesenburg
Amanda Mesenburg rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
aMandalin
aMandalin marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
  • Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes
  • Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
  • Sweet Potato Power: Smart Carbs:  Paleo and Personalized
  • Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple
  • The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More
  • Make Shift Happen: Change How You Look by Changing How You Think
  • Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat
  • Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo