Start by marking “Otis Loves to Play” as Want to Read:
Otis Loves to Play

Otis Loves to Play (Otis)

Featuring the New York Times bestselling character Otis!

Children three and older will love this adorable board book, the perfect companion to Otis and Otis and the Tornado. In this new story, the beloved tractor loves to play with his friends--the calf, the cows, the horses, and of course, the ducks. Together, they jump, they play, they chase, and they march. And they alw
Board Book, 12 pages
Published September 13th 2012 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Otis Loves to Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otis Loves to Play

Jocelin
Oct 13, 2012 Jocelin rated it really liked it
Another great entry in the world of Otis the Tractor. This was a quick and easy read. This book describes something that Otis loves to do: play. Very easy for the littles ones to get engaged in this book. Even though this is not the first book in the series; it is a great way to introduce young readers to his world. He is such a sweet character it is hard not to love him. Great story/bedtime for the little ones to settle down with. Looking forward to reading more books in this series. The first ...more
Drew Graham
Jul 28, 2015 Drew Graham rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Otis loves to play. That's about it.

I'm of two minds about this Otis book. On the one hand, it doesn't have as much of a story as the original and a lot of the art is recycled, but on the other hand, it's shorter and simpler, so it's a little more accessible to young readers. The Boy (2) might have liked this one a little more than the first one, just because it kept his attention a little more, but I do wish it had a little more thought (and fresh art) put into it.
jacky
Feb 16, 2015 jacky rated it liked it
I wasn't anticipating this to be a board book, so that was a little disappointing when we picked it up from interlibrary loan. William noticed that the story and pictures were repeated from the other books. I was reminded of the Ladybug Girl board books. This book introduces the characters and artwork well to younger readers, but kids old enough to the full books probably won't be satisfied with this one.
Cara
A short, but sweet board book about Otis the Tractor who has quickly become a bedtime favorite.
It's a compilation of his other works of how Otis plays follow the leader and other games with his friends.
Dave
Dec 26, 2015 Dave rated it liked it
Otis seems nice enough - and the calf. But this volume didn't really grab my son (or me) like many others.
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Marlena Maddock
Marlena Maddock rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2014
Jared
Jared rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Michelle Albrecht
Michelle Albrecht rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Jody
Jody rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2015
Rheesee
Rheesee rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Mrs. Crummie
Mrs. Crummie rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Stacie Harter
Stacie Harter rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Sylvia Feicht
Sylvia Feicht rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Marmee Zen
Marmee Zen rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Jo Eubanks
Jo Eubanks rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Barbara Crossler
Barbara Crossler rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2014
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Hux's
Hux's rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I grew up in Lexington, Kentucky in the 1970’s. We had no artists of any kind in the family. We didn’t know any artists. I liked sports, especially baseball. My mother read to me a lot. But I have to admit, my favorite subject in school was gym class. I also liked to draw. My parents encouraged me to keep drawing.
More about Loren Long...