Start by marking “Girls Get Curves: Geometry Takes Shape” as Want to Read:
Girls Get Curves: Geometry Takes Shape

Girls Get Curves: Geometry Takes Shape

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews
New York Times bestselling author and mathemetician Danica McKellar tackles all the angles—and curves—of geometry

In her three previous bestselling books Math Doesn't Suck, Kiss My Math, and Hot X: Algebra Exposed!, actress and math genius Danica McKellar shattered the “math nerd” stereotype by showing girls how to ace their math classes and feel cool while doing it.

Sizz
Published August 2nd 2012 by Hudson Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Girls Get Curves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Get Curves

Heather
Danica McKellar, actor (The Wonder Years) and mathematician, gives geometry a unique feminine spin
in this must-have math reference book. In addition to being a rock solid resource for struggling
geometry students, McKellar’s goal seems to be to help readers see the value of geometry in their
everyday lives. To achieve this, she uses objects and situations from teen girls’ lives—like lipstick,
crushes, and shopping—to illustrate various concepts. Emphasizing the benefits of detuctive reasoning--
John Orman
Actress and mathematician Danica McKellar is best known to me as Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years TV show. Bright and pretty, but very elusive for the Kevin Arnold character.

Danica has written several books intended to get girls and women interested in science and mathematics. In this book, Ms. McKellar takes on Geometry specifically. Loaded with circles and triangles, the book includes many theorems and their proofs, in an easy-to-understand format that served as a refresher on my own high sch
Mary
Love how she makes math simple for girls. Will be another book that I want to own for girls.
Chris
If only I had this book available to me when I was actually taking math classes in high school. The topics were addressed at a level that made them comprehensible and paralleled them with ideas that had relevance to the average young lady. I especially liked that there were examples with answers to check your understanding and work.

This book and the others by Danica would be on my list of recommendations for anyone seeking help with comprehending basic mathematics.
Kesha
Danica is a genius and the means in which she explores and exposes the geometric concepts is very plain and helpful. I love the fun way she introduces the complex notions with fun real-life scenarios that will peak learners interests. Fantastic read that could aid students from high school through college level.
Elizabeth
Nov 17, 2012 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Shelves: npr, mathematics
As heard on the NPR Books podcast.
Mary Haggerty
The Wonder Years girl wrote this, remember Winnie?
Joan Jacyno
combining math a girlly stuff is just awesome
Davida Alumbaugh
Davida Alumbaugh marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Liz Whipple
Liz Whipple marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Katie Vanover
Katie Vanover marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ramneek
Ramneek marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Aja
Aja added it
Jan 04, 2015
Emily Meeks
Emily Meeks marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Chatfield Senior High
Chatfield Senior High marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Violet Quinn
Violet Quinn marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Abhinay Thakur
Abhinay Thakur marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Junaid Taj
Junaid Taj marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Douglas
Douglas marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Alessandra
Alessandra marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
  • What's Your Angle, Pythagoras? A Math Adventure
  • Sir Cumference and the First Round Table
  • Mathematicians Are People, Too: Stories from the Lives of Great Mathematicians (Volume One)
  • What Your 6th Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of a Good Sixth-Grade Education (Core Knowledge Series)
  • Astronomy: Out of This World!
  • Under a Red Sky: Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania
  • Blockhead: The Life of Fibonacci
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 5: The Tweenage Guide to Not Being Unpopular (Amelia Rules! #5)
  • What's Math Got to Do with It?: Helping Children Learn to Love Their Least Favorite Subject--and Why It's Important for America
  • 100 Essential Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Know
  • The Geometry of Pasta
  • Saving the School: The True Story of a Principal, a Teacher, a Coach, a Bunch of Kids and a Year in the Crosshairs of Education Reform
  • Be a Changemaker: How to Start Something That Matters
  • A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children
  • Above the Dreamless Dead: World War I in Poetry and Comics
  • Brain Candy: Science, Paradoxes, Puzzles, Logic, and Illogic to Nourish Your Neurons
  • Secrets, Lies, and Algebra (Do The Math, #1)
  • The Man of Numbers: Fibonacci's Arithmetic Revolution
American actress and mathematician.

She is best known for her role as Winnie Cooper in the television show The Wonder Years.
Now she is known as author of the nationally bestselling book, Math Doesn't Suck, which encourages and empowers middle-school girls with mathematics know-how.
Math Doesn't Suck was so popular McKellar wrote more novels about math, including Kiss My Math and Hot X. She also wr
More about Danica McKellar...
Math Doesn't Suck: How to Survive Middle-School Math Without Losing Your Mind or Breaking a Nail Kiss My Math: Showing Pre-Algebra Who's Boss Hot X: Algebra Exposed Archie: The Wedding Volume 1