Start by marking “Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)

Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Haardrad Viking Family #3)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  5,172 ratings  ·  123 reviews
Buku 3 Trilogi Viking Haardrad

Lord Viking yang tampan, Selig Haardrad, dicurigai sebagai mata-mata dan dimasukkan ke penjara bawah tanah milik Lady Erika di Gronwood. Kondisinya yang terluka parah dan demam tinggi tidak menghentikan penyiksaan yang diberikan kepadanya. Satu hal yang membuat Selig bertahan dari semua siksaan itu: pembalasan dendam!

Mengetahui keberadaan Seli
Published April 12th 2012 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady

Brandi
Found a copy of this for sale at the library and had to have it. I cut my romance reading teeth on Johanna Lindsey. My first was Savage Thunder and I think I read that book in the dark a thousand times.
Lindsey's Viking series set the bar; I compare all other novels of the same subject to hers. These were books where you could really judge by the cover. Those covers made Fabio famous and women everywhere very, very happy.

In this book, Selig is looking for revenge against the Danish Erika for ord
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Bintang 5?? Definitely!!!

Love the Story.. Love the Character.. Love the sense of Humour.. Love the Book!! and of course.. LOVE SELIG!! hohohooh...

Bagi yg dah baca buku pertama dan kedua nya.. Pasti mengenal Selig ini Siapa.. yak.. Dialah Anak Laki - laki Brenna-Garrick dan kakak Lali-laki tersayang Kristen.. hmm.. hmm...

di buku k2.. Selig sempet hilang di serang perampok yg kemudian di tolong oleh orang Denmark... naahh... dis
Lelyana Taufik
Well...ok..gak terlalu terkesan di banding 2 buku lainnya...

Buat jaman tahun 800an, rasanya ajaib aja ada lelaki berwajah malaikat...yang ssaking cakep nya sampe semua perempuan gak sanggup menolak..
Untunglah ada Erika , satu nya yg menolak Selig...hahahhaah..kena batu nya dia

Adegan fight nya ga terlalu seru juga, malah menyebal kan banget sama budak yg sok cantik gak tau diri membuat pengen nabok
Tapi itu justru yang bikin aku salut sama tante JL, bisa bikin gregetan dan ikutan cemburu..huff
Maureen Feeney
Selig's story.

Selig Haardrad is a gorgeous viking that while on a mission he is attacked. Ill and looking for help he is held prisoner and whipped in Lady Erika's dungeon. When his sister Kristen comes to get him released he tells her to kidnap Lady Erika as he wants revenge.The whole story is based around Selig's thirst for revenge.

Whats I loved is the characters from the other two books are here throughout the entire story . Maybe I was expecting too much from Selig's story but I found the en
Judy
Book 3: Surrender My Love
Selig Haardrad is the son of Garrick & Brenna from book one. Selig agrees to go to East Anglia to interpret Celtic for an old bishop. On the way the men are ambushed. Selig was left to die. When some scavengers find him alive they tend him for awhile. When left on his own he wanders about and ends up at the gates of Lady Erika of Gronwood. Assuming he a spy rather than a man in pain and fevered, he is thrown in her dungeon.
When he is able to escape he takes Erika as
Jane Stewart
This book was ok, average at best.

Surrender My Love is book #3 in the Viking series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I recommend reading Hearts Aflame (book #2) first. The characters in Hearts Aflame have a significant role in this book and it’s nicer to have read their story first. Besides, Hearts Aflame is a much better book.

This was an odd relationship. Selig wandered to Erika’s home asking for help. He wasn’t being himself due to injuries and fever. Erika had him lashed. He is soon resc
Vann
this story is amazing, so funny yet so heart wrenching.. but it's too quickly ended.. there's much more lindsey can do to finish this story..

anyway the character i love the most surprisingly is not the hero or the heroine,.. it is turgeis ten feet.. erika's shadow... he is the most loyal, caring, n loving friends i have known.. it's wonderful to know that in the end, turgeis found his own happiness.. i really happy for him..
Gardavson
Eh, it was ok. I had higher expectations for it because I liked the first one and, well, he keeps her in chains - I mean, come on, that could go SO many places. But, it didn't. And I was disappointed.
Jaime
Stupid name but awesome book
Amanda
This book really takes me back. Surrender My Love is the first romance novel I ever read. Previously, I had read YA paranormal, but one summer I was super board, home alone, and came upon this book. I've always loved history, especially the Viking period, and decided to give this a try. My affair with romance novels, historical or otherwise, has been going strong ever since.
Surrender My Love is the third installment and is one of my favorite romances of all time.
The deliciously sexy, dark, and s
Chandra
AUTHOR: JOHANNA LINDSEY is a Romance, Historical Fiction, Fantasy writer. Book (1) FIRES OF WINTER took you from the Celtics of Wales to the Vikings of Norway. Book (2) HEARTS AFLAME from the Vikings of Norway to the Saxons of Wessex. This book SURRENDER MY LOVE from Saxons of Wessex to East Anglia the home of Danes & Saxons

SEXUAL EXPLICITNESS ***compared to the previous two books, this was LightWeight
** (marital relationship) “….his manhood was revealed….” (and) “….pleasure drawn from each
Zeek
*re-read*

Selig the Blessed had always had every woman wrapped around his finger- heck even while knocked unconscious after a being ambushed on the way to do King Alfred’s business, a woman took care of him. But all of that changed when he awakens alone and far from his home and taken prisoner.

Lady Erica of Gronwood had no idea the mess that just entered her well-ordered world when she is called down to confront a prisoner being held in her brother’s dungeon. Angered by the prisoners arrogance a
Erin
Really good book by Johanna Lindsey.I prefured 'Hearts Aflame' to this one but i love how Selig coulnt hurt Erika, no matter how hard he tired.Even though he always threatend to-had some really funny bits were I out right giggled.
I loved the cameo, at the start, of Kristen and Royce. We see how they are getting on and how their lives and children have grow(children who adore their uncle Selig)
Erika is strongwilled but very naive and sometime i could'nt respect her- she is very rash-her being ras
Charlie Gray
Hmm it's really hard to try and review this book as frankly I could not decided whether I like it or not.

I feel I have to break down each story to give a proper review...

This is the last of the series and overall have been very good. Brenna and Garricks story had a beautiful setting, bodice ripper feel to the story but a very annoying heroine.

Royce and Kristen gave me butterflies, I loved Kristen and wished it were just 3 books for this couple, what a great story

Now this book no.3 is Selig (Bren
« Crystal »
Yes please. 5 stars. I liked all the books in this series. This was a great book. This whole series deals with slavery, but I thought it was ok as I'm sure it was extremely common and it didn't bother me.
Read again 1/12/15 and enjoyed it once again.
Maura
Pingle McCloud
cerita ttg Selig kakaknya Kristen di HEARTS AFLAME

berlatar belakang pada zaman viking, disini disebutin juga ttg bangsa Dane, dan Saxon. emm,,,,jadi inget sama game AGE OF EMPIRES yg dulu sering main same subuh pas jaman SMA :D
awalnya ga ngerti nih, bedanya Viking, Dane, Celtic, dan Saxon,,hehe sampe nanya om wiki segala biar tau..^^

lagi2 Selig terluka parah dibuku ini, setelah di buku #2 dia hampir terbunuh oleh pasukannya Royce. gara2 itu dia jadi bertemu dgn Erika...
dan dituduh sbg mata2 dan
OceMei Belikova♥
Selig Haardrad, pria berparas tampan bak seorang malaikat selalu menjadi idaman para wanita. Tak seorang pun wanita yang akan menolaknya. Mereka bahkan akan dengan senang hati melemparkan diri mereka ke pelukan Selig. Tapi ada seorang wanita yang bukannya menyukainya malah membencinya.

Selig the blessed yang gagah perkasa diserang oleh perampok asing. Tak pernah terpikir olehnya bahwa ia akan dibawa ke penjara bangsawan Denmark, Lady Erika of Gronwood. Sebelumnya, Selig telah mengalami luka diba
Uthie
Buku terakhir dari trilogi Viking Haardard ini entah mengapa tak mendapat tempat dihati saya. Sosok Selig yang digambarkan begitu tampan seperti wajah malaikat rasanya kurang tepat. Bagaimana mungkin, Viking yang notabene kasar bisa memiliki wajah halus bak malaikat. Jika pun memang ditakdirkan berwajah halus, bukankah wajah tersebut lama-lama menjadi kasar akibat tahun-tahun penuh penaklukan yang keras dan sulit???

Ketidaktepatan lainnya adalah sosok Selig yang digambarkan tak pernah sedikitpun
Cindy
ok ok ok pada saat pertama saya baca englishnya, saya sudah tertarik sama selig sejak dia di buku 2. Dan hal itu membuat saya beli buku indonya, padahal saya sangat jarang mau beli buku terjemahan lol, dan saya kecewa, lebih pada penerjemahnya :(, CANTIK? Selig CANTIK ? oh no, well saya pikir itu lebih tepat bisa dikatakan indah deh, tapi ya biar lah hahahah. Ok saya ada beberapa point yang janggal saat baca indo, kesanya saya bodoh saja, kok waktu baca english ma baca indonya jatohnya beda :(, ...more
Vasilena
Honestly Selig is having it a little too easy here in Wessex of the Middle Ages. He is incredibly tall/ dark/ handsome/ successful/ great warrior / insert more ... but despite all that he is humble and all that (right). Okay, scratch that - he is not humble at all and as he fall into an unfortunate situation and needs to reason with the lady of the castle which he comes upon .. he bungles it terribly and she punishes him instead of helping. Of course he is raving mad at her (she doesn't worship ...more
Marie
Balas dendam yang berakhir "manis".

Seperti buku pertama dan kedua dari seri Viking, buku ini bercerita tentang balas dendam, salah paham, perbudakan, dan akhirnya jatuh cinta. Tapi buku ketiga ini bagiku tidak terlalu banyak mengekspos emosi tokoh hero dan heroinenya yang menjadikanbuku ini hambar untuk di baca. Tapi banyak sekali kejadian yang mengakibatkan salahpaham antar kedua tokoh ini yang masih membuatku penasaran untuk membaca buku ini sampai akhir. Menurutku emosi kedua karakter tidak t
Grace Kelley
I did not like Selig, evidently I am one woman who does not swoon under his 'charm.' Are we forgetting that he kidnapped this girl, forced her to marry him and chained her to a spot in his bedroom for his sick pleasure? All this happened just because of a misunderstanding.

It's really sick how far some guy will go for revenge, even though most of what happened shouldn't have happened because the one thing that set him off was hearing a hallucination of her laughing at him.He was accidentally puni
Roman
ies
Jun 12, 2012 ies rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
hasil pinjeman dari Videl, yang meski banyak sekali POV kelar dalam waktu 2 hari (2 malem, karena aku hanya membaca pada malam hari) *aku kasih 3.5 bintang deh*

Yang baca buku 1 - 2 pasti sudah sedikit tau lah ya siapa itu Selig Haardrad si Viking hehe.. tipe2 laki2 yang selalu dicintai oleh setiap wanita, karena ganteng, baik hati sikapnya selalu ceria dan hobinya becanda, sampe dia dapat gelar Selig The Blessed.

Tapi ada apa dengan Heroine nya? Erika Gronwood yang tidak terpesona oleh ketampan
Judith
I am so disappointed that it's weighing on me. First let me say I enjoy Johanna Lindsey's books, liked the Viking Haardrad family series except this one. I actually found myself upset while reading this book. The heroine was so incredibly weak and pitiful, that I was tempted to just stop reading. Over all this book felt like a washed out imitation of a Johanna Lindsey book. Very sad indeed, to pair a brave strong hero like Selig with someone who was afraid of her own shadow!
Silvia
"-Tú dormirás en un lado, yo en otro, y al llegar cierto momento, nos encontraremos en el centro." Frase extraída del libro. La cosa más patética que ha caído en mis manos.
Los dos primeros libros románticos que cayeron en mis manos fueron de esta autora, y me hicieron creer que todo el género romántico era basura. Menos mal que otros libros y otros autores (Catherine Anderson, Diana Gabaldon)me hicieron comprender que estaba equivocada.
Ozzy Ross
Seri ini semakin ke belakang semakin sedikit aku kasih bintang,
Sebuah cerita dengan plot yang bagus, sayangnya karakter tokohnya tidak terasa sama sekali. Selig yang diceritakan penggoda ataupun Erika yang mandiri. Selig yang benar-benar tidak dapat karakternya, ia yang diceritakan tidak dapat ditolak seorang wanitapun & sangat ahli menggoda hanya diceritakan secara deskriptif saja, tak ada sattupun adegan yang mewakilinya bahkan adegan merayu Erikapun terasa hambar.....Yang terasa karakter
Wild Rose
Didn`t like Selig and Erika ,the whole story was a big family reunion with so much focus on the Kristen and her family and less interaction between the H&H.I hated the repetitive descriptions of Selig beautiful face and his charms-he was pathetic half the story and the heroine was a spineless rabbit .
Yulia
I was expecting more from the book based on the synopsis, because it did have potential.
There were whole chapters about characters other than the mains, which really could've been better used to tell more about the main's.
For exampel, why did I have to read backgound about the new slave who wants to control Selig and the house, like she did to her previous masters. All it took were a few lines, and off she's sold to his friend. Really a waste of page in my opinion, since we would've got the same
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • The Dragon Lord
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Promise of the Rose
  • The Conquest (Peregrine #2)
  • His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1)
  • The Bewitched Viking (Wink & A Kiss , #1) (Viking  I, #4)
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • Gentle Warrior
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood / MacAllister's #6)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Haardrad Viking Family (3 books)
  • Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)
  • Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Viking Family, #2)
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)