Start by marking “Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)

Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Haardrad Family #3)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,200 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Buku 3 Trilogi Viking Haardrad

Lord Viking yang tampan, Selig Haardrad, dicurigai sebagai mata-mata dan dimasukkan ke penjara bawah tanah milik Lady Erika di Gronwood. Kondisinya yang terluka parah dan demam tinggi tidak menghentikan penyiksaan yang diberikan kepadanya. Satu hal yang membuat Selig bertahan dari semua siksaan itu: pembalasan dendam!

Mengetahui keberadaan Seli
Published April 12th 2012 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady

Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
Look at this cover. He's wearing nothing but Santa boots!

I found this at a thrift store today and OH YES, I will be reading this. (Or trying to.) It seems to be a very offensive tropey romance - but with a Viking! #resistanceisfutile

Kat Desi
While on a journey, Selig Haardrad and his party were ambushed where he took a blow to the head. He stumbled into an Estate to seek aid, but he was accused a spy and when he offended the Lady Erika of Gronwood with his bold proposals, she ordered him to be lashed. Dealing with a head injury, a raging fever as well as enduring the lashing while she watched and laughed, he vowed to seek revenge. When her sister came to rescue him, they took Lady Erika with them and she would be his slave.

I really
Brandi
Sep 08, 2010 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found a copy of this for sale at the library and had to have it. I cut my romance reading teeth on Johanna Lindsey. My first was Savage Thunder and I think I read that book in the dark a thousand times.
Lindsey's Viking series set the bar; I compare all other novels of the same subject to hers. These were books where you could really judge by the cover. Those covers made Fabio famous and women everywhere very, very happy.

In this book, Selig is looking for revenge against the Danish Erika for ord
Laura V.
Compré El Camino del Amor y me enviaron este. No supieron darme el otro así que me puse a leerlo para deliberar si tenía que enojarme por la equivocación o sentirme feliz de haber encontrado la historia de mi vida. (JA)

Este libro es mediocre:

1) La primera mitad del libro está contado bajo la luz de la familia de Selig (Kristen y Royce, Brenna y Garrick) condimentado con el juicio de amigos de los personajes como Ivarr o Thoralf. La cosa es que todo el mundo ODIA A ERIKA. LA QUIEREN MUERTA. Si pu
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Bintang 5?? Definitely!!!

Love the Story.. Love the Character.. Love the sense of Humour.. Love the Book!! and of course.. LOVE SELIG!! hohohooh...

Bagi yg dah baca buku pertama dan kedua nya.. Pasti mengenal Selig ini Siapa.. yak.. Dialah Anak Laki - laki Brenna-Garrick dan kakak Lali-laki tersayang Kristen.. hmm.. hmm...

di buku k2.. Selig sempet hilang di serang perampok yg kemudian di tolong oleh orang Denmark... naahh... dis
Lelyana
Well...ok..gak terlalu terkesan di banding 2 buku lainnya...

Buat jaman tahun 800an, rasanya ajaib aja ada lelaki berwajah malaikat...yang ssaking cakep nya sampe semua perempuan gak sanggup menolak..
Untunglah ada Erika , satu nya yg menolak Selig...hahahhaah..kena batu nya dia

Adegan fight nya ga terlalu seru juga, malah menyebal kan banget sama budak yg sok cantik gak tau diri membuat pengen nabok
Tapi itu justru yang bikin aku salut sama tante JL, bisa bikin gregetan dan ikutan cemburu..huff
Maureen Feeney
Mar 23, 2010 Maureen Feeney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Selig's story.

Selig Haardrad is a gorgeous viking that while on a mission he is attacked. Ill and looking for help he is held prisoner and whipped in Lady Erika's dungeon. When his sister Kristen comes to get him released he tells her to kidnap Lady Erika as he wants revenge.The whole story is based around Selig's thirst for revenge.

Whats I loved is the characters from the other two books are here throughout the entire story . Maybe I was expecting too much from Selig's story but I found the en
Jane Stewart
This book was ok, average at best.

Surrender My Love is book #3 in the Viking series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I recommend reading Hearts Aflame (book #2) first. The characters in Hearts Aflame have a significant role in this book and it’s nicer to have read their story first. Besides, Hearts Aflame is a much better book.

This was an odd relationship. Selig wandered to Erika’s home asking for help. He wasn’t being himself due to injuries and fever. Erika had him lashed. He is soon resc
Erin
Really good book by Johanna Lindsey.I preferred 'Hearts Aflame' to this one but i love how Selig couldn't hurt Erika, no matter how hard he tired.Even though he always threatened to-had some really funny bits were I out right giggled.
I loved the cameo, at the start, of Kristen and Royce. We see how they are getting on and how their lives and children have grow(children who adore their uncle Selig)
Erika is strong willed but very naive and sometime i couldn't respect her- she is very rash-her bein
Judy
Dec 03, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3: Surrender My Love
Selig Haardrad is the son of Garrick & Brenna from book one. Selig agrees to go to East Anglia to interpret Celtic for an old bishop. On the way the men are ambushed. Selig was left to die. When some scavengers find him alive they tend him for awhile. When left on his own he wanders about and ends up at the gates of Lady Erika of Gronwood. Assuming he a spy rather than a man in pain and fevered, he is thrown in her dungeon.
When he is able to escape he takes Erika as
Vann
this story is amazing, so funny yet so heart wrenching.. but it's too quickly ended.. there's much more lindsey can do to finish this story..

anyway the character i love the most surprisingly is not the hero or the heroine,.. it is turgeis ten feet.. erika's shadow... he is the most loyal, caring, n loving friends i have known.. it's wonderful to know that in the end, turgeis found his own happiness.. i really happy for him..
Elaine Mcdonald
Mar 29, 2015 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am beginning to think this author can't write a bad book. Really liked this one.
Jaime
Dec 28, 2008 Jaime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stupid name but awesome book
Amanda
Feb 24, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really takes me back. Surrender My Love is the first romance novel I ever read. Previously, I had read YA paranormal, but one summer I was super board, home alone, and came upon this book. I've always loved history, especially the Viking period, and decided to give this a try. My affair with romance novels, historical or otherwise, has been going strong ever since.
Surrender My Love is the third installment and is one of my favorite romances of all time.
The deliciously sexy, dark, and s
Chandra
AUTHOR: JOHANNA LINDSEY is a Romance, Historical Fiction, Fantasy writer. Book (1) FIRES OF WINTER took you from the Celtics of Wales to the Vikings of Norway. Book (2) HEARTS AFLAME from the Vikings of Norway to the Saxons of Wessex. This book SURRENDER MY LOVE from Saxons of Wessex to East Anglia the home of Danes & Saxons

SEXUAL EXPLICITNESS ***compared to the previous two books, this was LightWeight
** (marital relationship) “….his manhood was revealed….” (and) “….pleasure drawn from each
❆ Crystal ❆
Yes please. 5 stars. I liked all the books in this series. This was a great book. This whole series deals with slavery, but I thought it was ok as I'm sure it was extremely common and it didn't bother me.
Read again 1/12/15 and enjoyed it once again.
Gardavson
Eh, it was ok. I had higher expectations for it because I liked the first one and, well, he keeps her in chains - I mean, come on, that could go SO many places. But, it didn't. And I was disappointed.
L. (Climbing Mt. TBR one page at a time)
1.5 stars. Really wish GoodReads would get on that half-star bandwagon.

I've read Lindsey before so I know what and what not to expect, but this book was so tedious. Usually I can swim through one of her works but I had to take SML in tiny increments. I blame it on a combination of nothing happening and Lindsey feeling she has to constantly remind the reader of just how handsome the hero is. It's like all the characters belonged to a cult that worshipped nothing but Selig's looks. If you dared to
Charlie Gray
Jan 30, 2015 Charlie Gray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vikings, kidnapping
Hmm it's really hard to try and review this book as frankly I could not decided whether I like it or not.

I feel I have to break down each story to give a proper review...

This is the last of the series and overall have been very good. Brenna and Garricks story had a beautiful setting, bodice ripper feel to the story but a very annoying heroine.

Royce and Kristen gave me butterflies, I loved Kristen and wished it were just 3 books for this couple, what a great story

Now this book no.3 is Selig (Bren
Zeek
*re-read*

Selig the Blessed had always had every woman wrapped around his finger- heck even while knocked unconscious after a being ambushed on the way to do King Alfred’s business, a woman took care of him. But all of that changed when he awakens alone and far from his home and taken prisoner.

Lady Erica of Gronwood had no idea the mess that just entered her well-ordered world when she is called down to confront a prisoner being held in her brother’s dungeon. Angered by the prisoners arrogance a
Vasilena
Honestly Selig is having it a little too easy here in Wessex of the Middle Ages. He is incredibly tall/ dark/ handsome/ successful/ great warrior / insert more ... but despite all that he is humble and all that (right). Okay, scratch that - he is not humble at all and as he fall into an unfortunate situation and needs to reason with the lady of the castle which he comes upon .. he bungles it terribly and she punishes him instead of helping. Of course he is raving mad at her (she doesn't worship ...more
KC
I thought this was entertaining, but it was not very romantic because there was less focus on Selig and Erika's relationship. They didn't spend much quality, one-on-one time together. Nor did it help that the chemistry between them was a bit tepid. Finally, the Haddrad family (the couples from the first two Haddrad books) played a major role in the storyline, overshadowing the love story.

On the bright side, Selig was a yummy hero: he's handsome, easy going and charming. His threats for revenge a
Quỳnh Trương
Jan 19, 2016 Quỳnh Trương rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haardrad Viking Family is the first Viking series I've ever read and to be honest, I'm totally impressed. I don't like Surrender My Love as much as Fires Of Winter, but still, I really like it! The characters are great and funny! The motif is totally brand new (well, at least to me). But there are two things that dissapointed me. One, I don't know why but...I think the hero is kinda wimpy (maybe it's because Lindsey just keep repeated how handsome he is but didn't show any heroic action of him). ...more
Tina
Jan 03, 2016 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical-other
This is the last book of the Haardrad family series and it did not disappoint. (I encourage reading the series in order.) For most of the book, my stomach tightened with probably the same feelings the heroine, Erika had, when suffering through Selig's revenge. I liked that the characters from the previous books were included in this final one. It is a close family; one member's enemy was their enemy. The characters were Saxon, Norwegian, and Danish. The tensions, due to the times, were high. The ...more
Pamela Shropshire
This is the third and final book in the Viking Haardrad series featuring Selig, firstborn of Garrick and Brenna. If you recall from Fires of Winter, Selig is born with the umbilical cord around his neck and isn't breathing. Contrary to Viking custom, Garrick tries to get the infant breathing by rubbing and patting him and finally is successful when he blows air into the infant's mouth. The baby is then called Selig the Blessed.

Fast forward 20-something years. Selig is living in Wessex among the
Tammy
Jan 28, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This story is about a Viking ( not the Minnesota kind, lol) that thinks he is a real ladies man. He has had his way with more women than he can count. One day him and a group of men go on a mission for the king when they are ambushed by thieves, all of them are left for dead including Selig. A young maiden and her mom find him near death. They try to nurse him back but he never gains back conscienceless. So they have no choice but to move on without him. Days pass when he finally does gain consc ...more
Maura
OceMei Belikova♥
Selig Haardrad, pria berparas tampan bak seorang malaikat selalu menjadi idaman para wanita. Tak seorang pun wanita yang akan menolaknya. Mereka bahkan akan dengan senang hati melemparkan diri mereka ke pelukan Selig. Tapi ada seorang wanita yang bukannya menyukainya malah membencinya.

Selig the blessed yang gagah perkasa diserang oleh perampok asing. Tak pernah terpikir olehnya bahwa ia akan dibawa ke penjara bangsawan Denmark, Lady Erika of Gronwood. Sebelumnya, Selig telah mengalami luka diba
Uthie Putri Utama
Jul 03, 2012 Uthie Putri Utama rated it liked it
Buku terakhir dari trilogi Viking Haardard ini entah mengapa tak mendapat tempat dihati saya. Sosok Selig yang digambarkan begitu tampan seperti wajah malaikat rasanya kurang tepat. Bagaimana mungkin, Viking yang notabene kasar bisa memiliki wajah halus bak malaikat. Jika pun memang ditakdirkan berwajah halus, bukankah wajah tersebut lama-lama menjadi kasar akibat tahun-tahun penuh penaklukan yang keras dan sulit???

Ketidaktepatan lainnya adalah sosok Selig yang digambarkan tak pernah sedikitpun
Cindy
Jan 11, 2013 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok ok ok pada saat pertama saya baca englishnya, saya sudah tertarik sama selig sejak dia di buku 2. Dan hal itu membuat saya beli buku indonya, padahal saya sangat jarang mau beli buku terjemahan lol, dan saya kecewa, lebih pada penerjemahnya :(, CANTIK? Selig CANTIK ? oh no, well saya pikir itu lebih tepat bisa dikatakan indah deh, tapi ya biar lah hahahah. Ok saya ada beberapa point yang janggal saat baca indo, kesanya saya bodoh saja, kok waktu baca english ma baca indonya jatohnya beda :(, ...more
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • The Dragon Lord
  • Promise of the Rose
  • Velvet Angel
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Fairest of Them All
  • Lie Down In Roses
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Haardrad Family (3 books)
  • Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)
  • Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Viking Family, #2)