Start by marking “Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook” as Want to Read:
Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook

Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,636 ratings  ·  27 reviews
No one knows better how to give a party than Martha Stewart--and as she proves in this comprehensive and visually dazzling handbook, great parties begin with great hors d'oeuvres. Three hundred all-new recipes, each photographed in full color, show why Martha Stewart is still America's style authority and most trusted party host.

It was fifteen years ago that Martha Stewart
Published March 30th 1999 by Clarkson Potter (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook

erik
Martha was a caterer before she became a media personality, and this book exemplifies the depth of her knowledge on the subject. The layout is brilliant: the first couple hundred pages contain only pictures and names of hundreds of well-organized hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, and the rest of the book contains the recipes for those items. Every recipe has a picture, and every picture has a recipe. Moreover, each treat is presented ready for service. Like Stewart, the HD handbookis practical and d ...more
Gail
I was draw to this book because of the cover, not because I was searching for an hors d' oeuvres cookbook. I have prepared several (6-8) of the items included here, and found each to be easily prepared. This is a great resource book for anyone who likes to give parties. The color pictures are excellent.
Rachel C.
I am always looking for new hors d'oeuvres to serve at my annual Oscar party, etc. (Since I don't have a dining room table, my entertaining efforts usually consist of inviting people over to watch something on TV and having finger foods on a platter on my coffee table.)

I could not have been happier when this book became available on the book swap site I use. Great photographs, great ideas and certainly no one pays attention to detail like Martha Stewart!
Kirsten Karlen
The ultimate hors d'oeuvres book. Not only excellent recipes and photos to aid in presentation, but also enough basics to take and create your own exquisite bites. Also, good range of difficulty so you can find something for any occasion.
Marta
I love Martha, but I feel like most of the recipes in this book are overly complicated and unrealistic for normal use. Occasionally, I find myself inspired to make an appetizer and half the time what I want to make isn't even in the book.
Terri
REALLY useful reference book. Dozens of "platforms" (phyllo, tortillas, wontons, potato, etc.) and assembly techniques for anyone serious about lovely appetizers. A gift from my pal Carol. Thanks!
Carolyn Dippel
There are lots of bite sized goodies to make in this book. The one thing I don't like is that the photos of the food are all in the front of the book, and the recipes are in the back.
Cadillacrazy
There are lots of great little appetizers in this book. The one thing I don't like is that all the images are in the front of the book, and all the recipes are in the back.
Elisabeth
I would only love this book more if the pictures followed each recipe. Now I must flip back and forth----though I am willing to sacrifice. Thanks Martha.
S. Ward
This is the best hors d'oeuvres recipe book out there. Gorgeous pictures for every recipe and beautiful plating ideas. Love this book.
Marla
The pictures! My god, the pictures! It has a red tassel thingy to keep your place, it may even have two! Did I mention the picutes?
Catherine Woodman
This has alot of great ideas, but not all that easy to prepare more than one of in th etime you have before your guests arrive
Grant Sanders
I turn to this collection of recipes whenever I have a party. Hey. I should have more parties! Who want to come over?
Tracy
Great book. Lots of pictures, and recipes. Definitely a must have if you like making appetizers or throwing parties.
Jennifer Pascal
Love it - use it for every party I have. About 12-13 years old, but not even close to being out of style.
Melissa Schmidty -Schmidt
Intricate and elaborate to simple and elegant--and I wish I had the patience to make almost all of them.
Charlotte Grayson
I love this cookbook. Some of the recipes are challenging, but this is one of my go to books for parties!
Sara
Great collection of small bites. Have to be careful with portion sizes but many tasty ideas.
JDAZDesigns
So much and all so good. There is never a need for another hors d'oevres book. Ever!
Leighann
Excellent overview and recipes for anyone interested in the art of Hors D'Oeuvres.
Catherine Woodman
this with entertaining was the beginning
Hope4flowers
Jun 06, 2012 Hope4flowers marked it as cookbooks-i-want
Recommended In Dinner A Love Story Cookbook
Ellyn
My favorite book for small bites
J
This food is freaking adorable.
Merritt
  • Gourmet Today: More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen
  • Lidia's Italy
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • In the Kitchen with A Good Appetite: 150 Recipes and Stories About the Food You Love
  • Forever Summer
  • Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen
  • Hot Sour Salty Sweet: A Culinary Journey Through Southeast Asia
  • A New Way to Cook
  • Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook
Martha Stewart is an American business magnate, author, editor and homemaking advocate. She is also a former stockbroker and fashion model. Over the last two decades Stewart has held a prominent position in the American publishing industry; as the author of several books, hundreds of articles on the domestic arts, editor of a national homekeeping magazine, host for two popular daytime television p ...more
More about Martha Stewart...
Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share Everyday Food: Great Food Fast Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook