Start by marking “F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness” as Want to Read:
F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness

F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  290 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
If every therapist and psychotherapist on the planet could repeat this to their clients, like a mantra, again and again, there would be fewer therapists and psychotherapists. Because it works. Very quickly. Realising that what you're worrying about and stressing over doesn't really matter so much in the grand scheme of things is the door to freedom and healing. And the lit ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Hay House (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about F**K It Therapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F**K It Therapy

Nov 24, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
I'm not quite sure what to make of this book. On one hand, I feel that Parkin (and his wife, who worked on this book with him) took a simple idea that essentially wasn't terribly difficult to grasp and piled on a bunch of unnecessary layers. Why? Cynical me says, "Well, duh, to sell another book and to hawk their retreats and their website and his music and whatever other accoutrements they can because, hey, that's what people do with 'self-help breakthroughs' these days--take a pretty basic not ...more
Andy Nieradko
Nov 28, 2012 Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing
F**k it Therapy by John C. Parkin is going to help a lot of people. Wherever you are in life, you know that stress has a stranglehold on a great number of us. Not good, considering stress is the number one killer nowadays. John offers many techniques to help you escape from the self imposed prisons we check ourselves into. The prisons of fear, self-doubt, perfectionism and many more are looked at in great detail. I found the sections dealing with the ancient art of qigong particularly refreshing ...more
Mark Evans
Nov 16, 2012 Mark Evans rated it it was amazing
A great book for those of us stuck worrying about things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Just say F**kIt and see what happens. More importantly buy this book and see how much it will change your life like it has mine.
I have all of John's books and have even had the great pleasure to meet him as well. I have even purchased his first book for a friend who was going through some difficult times. He loved it and it has really helped him like John's books have helped me.
Arlene
Dec 05, 2012 Arlene rated it liked it
"F**k It (fuk-eet): to let go by realizing that causes of worry, distress, and pain don't matter so much in the grand scheme of things."

So many of us live in prisons of our own making—prisons of perfectionism, fear (that's a big one), self-doubt, or . . . well, it's a long list. These prisons of our own making are not real. We build them in our minds, and because we build them, we also have the power to say F**k It and blow the walls down.

John Parkin and his wife Gaia use humour and an easy styl
Cheri
Aug 28, 2013 Cheri rated it did not like it
My mother always said that people show their IQs with how they speak and that vulgarity shows a poor vocabulary. I never bought into that theory. I am a psychologist, with a Ph.D., who graduated from a seminary, who often sounds like she spent time as sailor. So, when I saw a book called Fuck It Therapy, I assumed it was right up my alley. Unfortunately, I did not find that to be the case. It started with the need to do away with the asterisks in the word Fuck. On the cover, it might have been c ...more
Heather H
Jul 25, 2013 Heather H rated it really liked it
I went on a f**k it week around 3 years ago
A year ago I left my well paid job and career to try to do something more fun
I've had lots of fun but haven't found the way to turn this into a living, much less the motivation to start a business. So I was wavering a needed a boost. Reading this has reminded me of a lot of good stuff. I won't say that I should or shouldn't be doing. But it was relaxing to read in a few hot summer days while chilling in my garden not worrying about the rapid depletion o
Sunil
Dec 28, 2015 Sunil rated it liked it
Couldn't give it 3.5 stars hence the more conservative 3 star. Nothing new if someone is already initiated in the Great Eastern Philosophical Thought schools. At times feels excessively juvenile, but well, fuck it.
Alison
Sep 10, 2015 Alison rated it really liked it
This book advocates a F**k it approach to life that not only reduces stress, assists in perspective, gives yourself permission (not) to act or care, but also feels good. The tone is weirdly jokey boyo humour but when you wade through that there are also some seriously good reminders about meditating and energy. This was a great read for me at exactly the right time when I am mightily pissed off: f**k it is the perfect response.
Leif Denti
Aug 24, 2015 Leif Denti rated it it was ok
OK but not more. The book is basically an ad for the authors' retreats, workshops, and the like. I kinda liked the whole "fuck it" approach and the "prisons" we may find ourselves in but the book could be heavily edited for length. Parkin often rants about random things that irritates him. I can't really recommend this book to anyone as there are better books in the same venue (with a stronger scientific base).
Hil
May 26, 2014 Hil rated it liked it
Another ok book. Pretty similar to the first one, with a bit more insight into the author's life if anyone wants to know about that. I could take it or leave it. There's a lot of useful, motivational stuff too though and it's a quick read. Lots of promoting of his product though, either the website or books or retreats. If you've been on the retreat you would maybe like this more, but then you wouldn't Re need it.
Rebecca Haslam
Mar 01, 2015 Rebecca Haslam rated it liked it
After a difficult few weeks I found myself drawn to this book while browsing Waterstones. I had never before come across a self-help book that made me want to highlight comments and sections, but that's exactly what I did with this one. It's a bit long, but well broken up and makes a number of points that I strongly related to so chances are I will be coming back to this book at some point in the future.
Donna
Mar 17, 2013 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, reference, 2013
Firstly this is a good concept. Before I opened the book I started saying F**k It to random things and already felt a bit better.

The book gives good reasons why using this method is helpful, but when you get down to the nitty gritty it doesn't tell you HOW! It almost seems as if the book is just one big advert to steer you in the direction of one of the author's retreats or to join the new online course he is offering. There is no definite advice on how to benefit from the method but it seems to
Sara
Jan 05, 2016 Sara added it
Wonderful book! I enjoyed the perspectives and lightheartedness of the writing. Inspiring.
H.
Dec 31, 2014 H. rated it it was ok
Too much pseudoscience for me, but otherwise some really great concepts and ideas to come away with. Live life and enjoy it.
Amelia
Jan 22, 2014 Amelia rated it liked it
I read the entire thing in an English accent. VERY British, which isn't a terrible thing, but distracting for sure.
Melanie
Apr 22, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing
The answer to life the universe and everything is not 42 it's F**K it! Who knew?
Shawna
May 26, 2015 Shawna rated it it was ok
This book was hard to get through, however there were some very real and intricate ideas about life and stress. Some of the ideas are eye opening, but as previously stated from another review, this book essentially grasps an easy to undersrand idea about how to live your life and layers it with unnecessary logic or steps. Not much of a self-help book fan, and this just proves why.
Ty Papke
Feb 04, 2014 Ty Papke added it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I can't rate this book because I only read the first chapter. I was reading too many books at once, and may revisit this at a later time.
Catherine Garrett
Dec 27, 2013 Catherine Garrett rated it it was amazing
John C. Parkin is amazing with his easy, breezy f**k it attitude towards life. John also joined me on a TeleCall Conversation on Passion TeleSummits, and I simply adored his love of life and living it from ease. This is a MUST-READ book for everyone!
Jay
Aug 11, 2013 Jay rated it it was amazing
I've only been done reading it for a day or so and it's already changing my life. Amazing, amazing, amazing. I absolutely detest "self-help" books, and the awful writing that so often accompanies the genre. This book is WONDERFULLY written, hilariously illustrated, and details a simple and revolutionary way of living. Thank you.
Karen Peacock
Jun 13, 2015 Karen Peacock rated it it was amazing
This is a great book if you feel that drain from people in your life. Filled with lots of excellent points of letting things go and doing what you need to do to make yourself happy.
Vikky
Oct 20, 2013 Vikky rated it really liked it
As with all self-help books, this didn't give me the answer to a completely perfect and happy life, but it did give me some great tools to work with, and also introduced me to Qigong which I am enjoying and finding very relaxing. I am very surprised that just saying F**k It can reduce stress instantly.
Tanya Bainbridge
Apr 08, 2015 Tanya Bainbridge rated it liked it
It was okay, kind of hard to follow at times. He stretched out the word count by adding many unnecessary sentences. Some of it I got, some of it was strange but mostly it was about mindfulness, living in the present.
Ashley Sabados
Jan 23, 2016 Ashley Sabados rated it really liked it
I loved this book. Thankfully I have been living my life like this lately but reading about other ways to do it and how to encompass the theory in all aspects of my life was good to read.
Ferda Esin
Belki de 4 ayda bitirdim ben bu kitabı. Aslında hevesle başlamıştım okumaya. İlginç gelmişti. İlerlemedi bir türlü. Çevirmenden kaynaklı olduğunu düşünüyorum. Bazı kelimeler dikkat dağıtıyor, konuyla alakasız. Yazıldığı dilde okunsa daha iyi olabilir.
Simon
Jan 11, 2015 Simon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The premise is good but it expanded on it too much for my liking. Once it got onto Chinese medicine, meridian lines, and energy flow, I turned off. Just not my thing.
Candice Clarke
Aug 05, 2013 Candice Clarke rated it really liked it
Shelves:
This is how self help books should be !
The answer to so many of our problems can be solved with a two word attitude/conclusion/resolve....

Martin
Jan 02, 2013 Martin rated it it was amazing
Great. As with the previous two books, I loved it. I've read several spiritual books and these are the only ones that I actually get.
Kristina
Dec 03, 2013 Kristina marked it as couldnt-finish
I had to stop reading this. The writing was all over the place and some of the ideas in it were too woo woo for me.
Reuben
Dec 13, 2012 Reuben rated it it was amazing
Read on a whim, this is not just the book I needed to read, but also half the book I was already writing myself.
  • The Faceless One
  • Fireflies
  • Souls of the Stones Omnibus (Souls of the Stones, #1, 2, 3)
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • The Genesis Code
  • Lawn Gone!: Low-Maintenance, Sustainable, Attractive Alternatives for Your Yard
  • Peregrine Harker & The Black Death
  • A Curse of Kings
  • Untangling the Web: What the internet is doing to you
  • The Grasshopper: Games, Life and Utopia
  • Globes: Spheres Volume II: Macrospherology
  • Stick Up for Yourself!: Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power and Positive Self-Esteem
  • The Philosophy of Friendship
  • Love and Logic Magic: When Kids Drain Your Energy (Parenting with Love and Logic)
  • Life Is Short And So Is This Book