Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker: 200 Ultra-Convenient, Super-Tasty, Completely Animal-Free Recipes

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Robin Robertson has built a publishing record of successful books in the vegetarian/vegan category.Her earlier cookbook, Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow-Cooker, established her bona fides as an expert on the creative use of slow-cookers, and her entire body of work speaks to her ingenuity in the kitchen and the breadth of enticing ingredients and flavors with which she work...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Harvard Common Press

To ask other readers questions about Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker

Arlian
I love Robins other cook book, Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker, but her new book "Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker" is a little too recycled for it to be worth owning both. Yes, there are some new recipes in this, but there are also a bunch of reprinted ones.

Also, a layout gripe--which is totally beyond the authors control, (it is instead a complaint to be lobbied at the publisher---is that each recipe is not given its own page as it is in her other book. It is designed such that wherever...more
Erin
I enjoy Robin's recipes. Some are my all time favorites. However, this book hasn't excited me. I check it out regularly from the library and rarely cook from it. I just don't get inspired. There are ingredients I don't use like wheat gluten. There are some great snack and breakfast recipes, which we often don't think to use a slow cooker for, so I do love that.
Steve
Crockpots are always a good idea if you have time during the day to throw one on. My girlfriend often puts one on when she has night classes, leaving my evening free when I get home, and causing the entire house to smell delicious. The recipies in this book are astounding, some of the tastiest dishes I've seen in a vegetarian cookbook.
Linda
Fresh From the Vegan Slow Cooker makes you more than happy to pull out your crock pot and get dinner ready before you leave for work. Who knew crock pots were capable of so many delicious vegan recipes? A great addition to my cookbook collection.
Lauren
I haven't sampled a significant portion of the book yet but I have done a sampling of recipes. I think it is a great starting point: I have notes to modify the recipes I have tried (mostly stuff like "change ratio" and "I wonder if these too recipes would work together, because I want something in between") so I think it needs a few tweaks - that may be about personal preferences but I usually find it takes me a long time to figure out X should change, etc. I dislike cookbooks without pictures,...more
Allie
I like this a lot, but there are fewer recipes in here that I am super excited about than in Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. Obviously she can't just keep publishing the same great recipes over and over, and there just happen to not be as many Allie-friendly recipes. It's still great though.

Every recipe is labeled if it's gluten-free (or gluten-free option) or soy free, which saves me so much time. I also really like how she formats the essential details of the recipe: how much time, what...more
Kelly
Oct 15, 2013 Kelly is currently reading it
Shelves: cookbooks
I haven't yet gotten around to reviewing this cookbook - but you can see some of the dishes I've made from Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker here: http://www.easyvegan.info/tag/fresh-f...
GiGi
Absolutely love this cookbook. Very gluten-free friendly, super healthy recipes. Yet another reason I use my slow cooker at least once per week. Huge thanks to my friend Elizabeth for the recommendation!
Michelle
Great book for the vegan and non-vegan alike! I love how all the recipes are laid-out, too. There are many gluten free and soy free recipes, as well. Easy and delicious. This one is a keeper!
penny
A great variety of recipes beyond the standard beans, beans, and more beans. I love that many recipes are gluten-free or can be adapted easily.
Kate Merriman
Can't wait to try so many of these! They even have a posole recipe (which, of course, I will tweak!)
Kristina
I will definitely need to buy this book for my own collection. The recipes were easy and tasty.
Stephanie
Best vegan lasagna I have ever had came from this cookbook - even my omnivore friends loved it.
Aubrey
I feel that I can finally review this book after trying a nice handful of recipes - we loved it!
N.L. Riviezzo
Not a very exciting book. The recipes did not strike my interest. Just kind of meh.
Naomi
Delightful and delicious, reliably excellent recipes.
Victoria
Everything I make from this cookbook is delicious!
Christy Key-sturlaugson
Christy Key-sturlaugson marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Becky Godleski
Becky Godleski marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Vegan Cooking &am...: Fresh From the Vegan Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson 76 78 15 hours, 3 min ago
  • Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet
  • The Vegan Slow Cooker: Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour
  • Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
  • Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue and Over 135 Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World
  • Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way
  • Artisan Vegan Cheese
  • The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes: Amazing Cookies, Cakes, Muffins, Pies, Brownies and Breads
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
  • Home-Cooked Vegan Comfort Food: More Than 200 Belly-Filling, Lip-Smacking Recipes
  • Vegan Cooking for Carnivores: Over 125 Recipes So Tasty You Won't Miss the Meat
  • Vegan Lunch Box Around the World: 125 Easy, International Lunches Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love!
  • Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year
  • Vegan Italiano: Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from Sun-Drenched Italy
  • The Inspired Vegan: Seasonal Ingredients, Creative Recipes, Mouthwatering Menus
  • Mayim's Vegan Table: More than 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Vegan Scoop: 150 Recipes for Dairy-Free Ice Cream that Tastes Better Than the "Real" Thing
  • Betty Goes Vegan: Over 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family
An experienced chef and consultant, Robin Robertson worked for many years in restaurants and catering in northeastern Pennsylvania and Charleston, South Carolina before she began writing cookbooks. In 1988, she left the restaurant business and became vegan for ethical reasons. She then rededicated her life to writing and teaching gourmet vegan cooking.

Over the years, she has fine-tuned her plant-b...more
More about Robin G. Robertson...
Vegan Planet: 400 Irresistible Recipes with Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World Vegan on the Cheap Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker: 200 Recipes for Healthy and Hearty One-Pot Meals That Are Ready When You Are 1,000 Vegan Recipes Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes