Start by marking “The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)” as Want to Read:
The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)

The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout #4)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  4,300 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
The Talbot family continues to fight for survival in book four of the Zombie Fallout series.
Audio CD
Published April 23rd 2012 by Tantor Media (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The End Has Come and Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End Has Come and Gone

Amber Perry
Jun 26, 2012 Amber Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie
I listened to the book through Audible and I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I love meeting the rest of the Talbots and thus far BT is my fave character. As a Black person I am so glad he has not died yet! I started the series a week ago on Audible and I am hooked. Mike drives me crazy at times and I am just waiting for Tracy to beat him with a tire iron.
Sonia
Dec 28, 2012 Sonia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have, e-book
I'm a little irritated because I just found out this series has quite a few more installments. I'm hooked enough to want to find out what happens to Talbot, but am getting tired of neverending series too.
Michelle Ianiro
STILL A GOOD STORY...HOWEVER...

...it's noted that the story of Mike Talbot and his family is starting to drag on a bit. Here's why: most of book four was told as flash backs and back stories, not enough moving the story forward. Don't get me wrong, I'm still invested, if for no other reason than to finally have an acceptable end to this nightmare or at least a reasonable hope of a new normal for the Talbot family, their friends and all of humanity.

I'm beginning to have issues with the repetitive
Cindysnitily
Jan 01, 2012 Cindysnitily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a post-apocolyptic zombie/vampire masterpiece. And, no, the vampires are not of the glittery variety. I finished this book with the full expectation that I would be able to go into book 5. I am so disappointed that I will have to wait. Oh such is the world of the e-book. Instant gratification of a continued saga will not be immediately met this time around. I have travelled this far down the rabbit hole and am not quite ready to leave wonderland just yet. Oh how books 5 and 6 can not get ...more
Deb O rah
Nov 01, 2016 Deb O rah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the fifth book is a little tiring in some places with the story barely inching forward, ever so slowly, because of too much flashback storytelling. otherwise a good read in a action zombie series.
Katie Kenig
“I know my imagination can be like a three-year-old on Red Bull and still I feed it.”

I think this series has now jumped the shark.

Or maybe it did that with the prequel that was tucked in between books 3 and 4, which I panned in a recent review. I think the story could have been tied up neatly with a trio of books, or at most - with this fourth. At this point I'm more than a little burned out and the story is starting to seriously drag.

The pros? Less vile, disgusting stuff. Or maybe I'm just use
Gadget Girl
Jan 16, 2014 Gadget Girl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've been reading my last 4 reviews of this Zombie Fallout series you will know Im addicted to this brilliant series, its my alltime favorite. Mark is the master of the zombie fiction.
Each book has something quite different thrown into the mix and Book #4 is no exception. Still written in journal form but this time everyone is writing in it so we are getting some different point of views. I dont normally like characters jumping around from first person point of view; but Mark has made it wo
Theodore
Jan 13, 2013 Theodore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is getting downright convoluted in nature and I mostly get infuriated when stories get too convoluted; it generally reads to me that the author is trying too hard. In this case though... I'll make a huge exception!

The book becomes more and more complex with various twists and turns appearing throughout the title. As soon as you think that you have gotten a good enough grasp of the series something new is introduced which adds a twist to the series but makes it a bit more harder to fo
Balkron
Mar 31, 2015 Balkron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie, reviewed, phone
My Rating Scale:
1 Star - Horrible book, It was so bad I stopped reading it. I have not read the whole book and wont
2 Star - Bad book, I forced myself to finish it and do NOT recommend. I can't believe I read it once
3 Star - Average book, Was entertaining but nothing special. No plans to ever re-read
4 Star - Good Book, Was a really good book and I would recommend. I am Likely to re-read this book
5 Star - GREAT book, A great story and well written. I can't wait for the next book. I Will Re-Read th
Richelle
Aug 20, 2015 Richelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, own
this audio book took me a while to finish.. it got boring about half way through so I started listening to something else.. Something fluffy and funny- the one and only Janet Evanovich..
I ended up going back after I was done and got really into it near the end! it was an action packed ending..
overall not one of my favourite ones.. I'm
not understanding how the whole vampire theme fits into a zombie world.. but I guess that sounds kind of funny how I can believe enough in zombies to enjoy a book
Vix
Aug 11, 2016 Vix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and horrific all at the same time with a great twist as always.... you can predict some of the things that will happen simply cos its what you would do.... hopefully!
but then Eliza and Tommy pop again and it has that great original edge to it....
this is an amazing series with some great side lines... Hughmans and Henrys view...etc
Already looking forward to ZF5 and hopefully beyond!!
will have to limit myself to a few pages a day tho' as tend to read them in one sitting, nearly forgettin
Craig
Jul 24, 2012 Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Zombie Fallout 4 is quite possibly the best in the series so far. Many of the loose threads were explained away. The best part was the non-stop humor though. Mark Tufo truly does understand the sarcastic nature that is bred into people from Massachusetts.

I must say the ending was a bit of a letdown, but overall this was a highly entertaining read. Now if only Eliza and Tomas can find their end.
Diane T.
Oct 19, 2012 Diane T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie
Another good story from Mark Tufo. His Zombie Fallout series is truly one of the best I've read in a long time. Mr Tufo manages to keep the reader hooked from beginning to end, one book to the other. Not only does he keep his storylines interesting but he infuses a freshness into an on-going tale that has contiued over four books. I will certainly be reading more of this wonderfully horrific series.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
I am so excited that ZF will be made into a movie. You go Mark Tufo. I can't wait to see who the actors will be.
I'm sad about Tommy, but I liked what he did for Mike. And I loved what Mike did with what he was given. Ok, Ms. Deneaux, hoardin all the cigs wouldn't even happen. She'd have to unass em. I'm just sayin. As always I look forward to the next book, which I'm about to get right now.
Albert Yates
Mar 30, 2014 Albert Yates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
The great time for a great battle arrives as Mike just do everything he can to ensure the safety of his family.

Great little book.
Emma
Aug 11, 2016 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-kept
Tim
Jan 07, 2017 Tim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think part of the appeal in this series is that it is written like an old radio drama - a never ending saga of problems presented in a somewhat campy manner. One must be able to look past the copious use of mixed metaphors and ignore the illogical behavior of the characters to find any enjoyment.
Chrystal Roe
Dec 13, 2016 Chrystal Roe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool

What a great story! In this one the Talbot family and their friends face off even more zombies than before. They find new friends and allies as well. Can't wait for the next one.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Soft review/rating:

Just one of the many books I've read this year adding to my "book journal". Full review coming soon hopefully. Awesome series!

(* * * * 1/2 stars)

memorable quoted
"God has a 50 cal? fucking sweet.." -Mike Talbot
Jim
Oct 07, 2016 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, 2016-audiobook
Listened to the audio version of this book. The book was well performed an interesting. I found myself laughing out loud several times at the humor in the book. The only drawback is the actor doesn't do the greatest job in distinguishing some of the voices. Virtually all the Talbots (Justin, Mike, Gary, Travis, and even Tracy and Meredith) sound the same. This makes it hard to follow conversations sometimes, especially those between Mike and Gary and/or Paul. the book was very fast-paced focusin ...more
Tom Porter
Oct 05, 2016 Tom Porter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Man, this series just keeps getting better and better. Poor Mike, tough choices for him. I really can't wait for him to get his revenge.
Jan 29, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies, horror
Mark TufoZombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone
This set of books has it all, the humour shines through to lighten the darker parts of the book, the psychological terror of the situation drags you into the story making you feel a part of the family, Mike Talbot is the hero of the piece protecting his family and loved ones to the best of his ability from the growing Zombie threat, the zombies are not all slow and lumbering as in the majority of Zombie films neither are they as fast as in 28 d
Nathan Tullis
Jul 15, 2015 Nathan Tullis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Orignally posted to Audiobookreviewer.com

I love what Mark Tufo has created with this series. During the fallout of the Zombie Apocalypse, caused by tainted H1N1 vaccinations, Mike Talbot and his family battle against humans, Vampires, and of course Zombies. Despite having made a mortal enemy of an ever powerful vampire named Eliza, Mike fights his way to his family. He makes it but his adopted son Tommy is abducted by Eliza, it turns out they are siblings. His best friend, Paul, and a few others
Perla Tirado
Oct 13, 2011 Perla Tirado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so you know how most sequels get to the point where you wish that the author had stopped after the first book? Well, that is definitely NOT the case here.

Mark Tufo absolutely out did himself with ZF4!!! This book is the absolute best!!!!

I can't talk about specifics of the book because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but when you read this book, you will come away feeling like an addict thirsting for more and more!

There were so many parts in the book that I thought were my favorite,
ArtfullySinful
An ever following story continues as Tommy, or better known as Tomas chooses sides with his evil sister Eliza. Fighting to stay alive and still suffering from the separation of his beloved wife Tracy, Mike discovers where he must go, but only after his brother Gary gives him possession of the Blood Locket, he received from their grandmother from book 3.5. Eliza's very existence rests upon that locket, but Mike refused to kill her, in fear of releasing a greater and more powerful monster, Tomas. ...more
Brian
Jun 23, 2016 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The series is just getting better and better! Awesome job so far, Mark Tufo !!

Anyways, first off, YAY!!! (view spoiler)
Charity
Wow. This book was really different for me than the others. You had Mike's point of view, then Tracy's, then a little of Eliza's, then Alex's view. It's not just Mike's journal anymore, it's everyone's. I liked that; finding out what was happening with everyone at about the same time. Don't you wish sometimes that you could see that?

Towards the end, there's a major change in events. I did not foresee what would happen at first but if you're going to write another story you have to prep for it,
Jamey Goodyear
May 11, 2016 Jamey Goodyear rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zombie Fallout Volume 4: The End has Come and Gone is the fourth in the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo. This is an excellent addition to the comedy horror series.

Mike Talbot, his wife, two sons and his brother, Gary, leave the safety of the family’s Maine home to go find Tommy and get rid of Eliza. Along the way, they discover new behavior by the zombies, a group of kids hiding out in a roadside restroom, and a group of businessmen who were on a “wilderness weekend” with their girlfriends.
Michael Flanagan
Jan 07, 2015 Michael Flanagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Delving in to the pages of a Mark Tufo story is like catching up with your old friends. They are all pretty much as you remembered them and your reunion is like no time has passed at all.

Zombie Fallout 4 sees Mike Talbot and Co. romp through more of Zombie infested USA. All the great one liners are there that give volume to that little voice in your head. You know, the one that gives you your internal dialogue, that more often that not is far form Politically Correct.

This story follows on from
Caridad cruz
Feb 28, 2013 Caridad cruz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
once again mark tofu did it, a 5 star book. this book has it all, guts, gore, zombies, action, suspense, twists and turns etc.... Its an easy read, fast paced a cant put down book. Talbot continues with his humor and wit, due his loyalty to his family and friends he has to sacrifice something and/or someone, i wont spoil it for you. I cant wait to get the next one, which i will be purchasing tomorrow!! Don't take my word for it, see for yourself you are not going to go wrong. in the end the auth ...more
  • America the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #3)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • In Harm's Way (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #3)
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • The Zombie Wilson Diaries
  • Flesh Eaters (Dead World, #3)
  • Survivors (Morningstar Strain #3)
  • Return (A New World, #2)
  • Day by Day Armageddon: Origin to Exile (Day by Day Armageddon, #1-2 Omnibus)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1
  • The Junkie Quatrain
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1)

Zombie Fallout (10 books)
  • Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1)
  • A Plague Upon Your Family (Zombie Fallout #2)
  • The End (Zombie Fallout, #3)
  • Alive In A Dead World (Zombie Fallout, #5)
  • 'Till Death Do Us Part (Zombie Fallout, #6)
  • For the Fallen (Zombie Fallout #7)
  • An Old Beginning (Zombie Fallout, #8)
  • Tattered Remnants (Zombie Fallout, #9)
  • Those Left Behind (Zombie Fallout #10)

“And Lord knows I’d pissed off enough people in my life that ‘friendly fire’ was always a personal concern of mine.” 4 likes
“Five inches! That’s awesome!” I said with jubilation. “Maybe where you come from,” BT said. “Did he just make a dick joke?” Alex asked.” 2 likes