Start by marking “Raising Hell: Demonic Gay Erotica” as Want to Read:
Raising Hell: Demonic Gay Erotica

Raising Hell: Demonic Gay Erotica

Demons are of course nothing more than fallen angels. And before the fall, Lucifer Morningstar was the most beautiful of the angels, and the most beloved of God. Over the millennia, demons have gotten a bad rap in every mythology and in every culture. Tempting humans into sin and into evil—but what is sin? What is evil? And good wouldn’t be possible without evil. The edito ...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Bold Strokes Books (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Raising Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Hell

Arch Bala
May 27, 2016 Arch Bala rated it it was amazing
for Necessary Evils

Anders found a young incubus and tried to help him by introducing him to his lifestyle and other incubus in the hopes that this young uns and another friend will be able to build a pack of their own. Not sure I liked how Anders did it but it’s wonderful getting a glimpse of what his triad’s been up to.
Nathan Burgoine
Oct 21, 2012 Nathan Burgoine rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

"Discodemius," by Jerry L. Wheeler

Raising Hell: Demonic Gay Erotica is the counterpart to the earlier anthology Wings: Subversive Gay Angel Erotica, both edited by Todd Gregory. Looking at the evil in this book - and let's be honest, evil can be sexy - is also fun on more than one occasion.

"Discodemius" is the first tale in the collection, and it's full to the brim(stone) with snappy dialog, a twisted concept, and a hapless fellow who thinks conjuring up a demon just to be entertained is somethi
Michael Adam Reale
Mar 22, 2014 Michael Adam Reale rated it really liked it
This book is actually a collection of 14 short stories. All of the stories were good but some were better that others, hence why I gave it 4 stars.

It is good to see that demons are now being categorized with vampires, werewolves and the like. They seem to come alive more in this collection than they ever did in reading about them in mideival or Biblical works. Maybe the gay romance helped.

I would recommend this collection of short stories bound in one nice volume. hope to see more like this ..
Riina Y.T.
Got this anthology because of Necessary Evils by Nathan Burgoine, naturally. I thought about it for a long time but eventually gave in. Not sure it was the smartest move since I'm not big on demons... *sigh* I should work my way through the rest of the stories. I think I will. Eventually.

So, Necessary Evils, yeah? Anders tells this story again. Fun, sexy, demon, totally into guys and currently living with a witch and vampire. Sounds pretty awesome if you ask me!

And once again I was smitten with
Angela
Jan 25, 2017 Angela added it
Not as good as it could have been. I bought this to get my hands on a particular short story, "Necessary Evils" by 'Nathan Burgoine. And I went looking for that story because it promised (and delivered) to fill in the hole in the storyline in the full length book, Triad Blood.

I read the other ones because having spent the money I was curious about the rest. The first few stories were decent enough but as the book went on not so much were to my liking. One or two took things in a more horrific d
Joseph
Sep 27, 2012 Joseph rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hilcia
Hilcia rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Tyrell Tasco
Tyrell Tasco rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Thad Smith
Thad Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Blaize
Blaize marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Neko
Neko added it
Dec 20, 2012
Jeffrey Ricker
Jan 01, 2013 Jeffrey Ricker added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Basil M
Basil M marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Gigi T
Gigi T marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
Sara Brera
Sara Brera marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Jake Hill
Jake Hill marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Malachi666
Malachi666 marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Stacy Graddy- hicks
Stacy Graddy- hicks marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Mel Bossa
Nov 12, 2013 Mel Bossa added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-writing
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Nic
Nic marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
WillyBC
WillyBC marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Olga Regelman
Olga Regelman marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Madelyn
Madelyn marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Laurali
Laurali marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Alex
Alex is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014