Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling

Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Journaling and collage come together in Journal It!, where 19 mixed-media artists showcase their signature techniques, tips, and creativity boosters. The featured work ranges from lettering expert Jill K. Berry's beautifully calligraphied travel journals to Jeannette Sclar's whimsical gardening books, and the techniques include everything from toner-based transfer to stitc...more
Published November 6th 2012 by Lark Crafts

JiEun Lee
I liked this book has many differnet authour's workpieces. Some of them I liked, some I didn't. However, it was a good collection to see how different medias are used to create beautiful and individually unique pieces.

I wish I could be more creative and have skills to create artful products, but I enjoyed and appricated their sharing of their works.
Myonly
While some of it felt like the same thing I've seen in every other journaling how-to, this one featured artists with unusual approaches. I also appreciated that a few of the artists were men. Nicely put-together with a reference section at the end if you're looking for more info.
Sonya
I love well done books about journaling and art journaling-especially when they do not have a lot of useless directions or how-to-instruction. I loved the art work and the artists reveal of why it was important to them and their thoughts about their art process.
Barb
I really liked looking through this book for inspiration although not alot I can use. It's a creative idea book. More painting and watercolors than journaling.
Shila
This book was OK, but it definitely isn't the most creative one from this author. She has better ones.
Elizabeth A
The book profiles various artists and gives us a peek into some of their journals and journaling styles.
Bernadette
Love it! I'm inspired! My 14 year old is inspired! Bring on the paints and pens!
Gina
Really liked the different styles of the various artists.
Natasha Britnell
Natasha Britnell marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Carissa Renard
Carissa Renard marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Holly Lieux
Holly Lieux marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Misty Mornings
Misty Mornings marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Morgaine
Morgaine marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Creative Lettering: Techniques & Tips from Top Artists Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art We Make Dolls!: Top Dollmakers Share Their Secrets & Patterns Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids