Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling

Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Journaling and collage come together in Journal It!, where 19 mixed-media artists showcase their signature techniques, tips, and creativity boosters. The featured work ranges from lettering expert Jill K. Berry's beautifully calligraphied travel journals to Jeannette Sclar's whimsical gardening books, and the techniques include everything from toner-based transfer to stitc...more
Published November 6th 2012 by Lark Crafts

Ji Eun Lee
I liked this book has many differnet authour's workpieces. Some of them I liked, some I didn't. However, it was a good collection to see how different medias are used to create beautiful and individually unique pieces.

I wish I could be more creative and have skills to create artful products, but I enjoyed and appricated their sharing of their works.
Myonly
While some of it felt like the same thing I've seen in every other journaling how-to, this one featured artists with unusual approaches. I also appreciated that a few of the artists were men. Nicely put-together with a reference section at the end if you're looking for more info.
Sonya
I love well done books about journaling and art journaling-especially when they do not have a lot of useless directions or how-to-instruction. I loved the art work and the artists reveal of why it was important to them and their thoughts about their art process.
Barbara
I really liked looking through this book for inspiration although not alot I can use. It's a creative idea book. More painting and watercolors than journaling.
Shila
This book was OK, but it definitely isn't the most creative one from this author. She has better ones.
Elizabeth A
The book profiles various artists and gives us a peek into some of their journals and journaling styles.
Bernadette
Love it! I'm inspired! My 14 year old is inspired! Bring on the paints and pens!
Gina
Really liked the different styles of the various artists.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
estonia
estonia marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Roland So
Roland So marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Carolann
Carolann marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Sydney Guire
Sydney Guire marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Cameo
Cameo marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Stilljolly
Stilljolly marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Stacy McDaniel
Stacy McDaniel marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Maura Badji
Maura Badji marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Creative Lettering: Techniques & Tips from Top Artists Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art We Make Dolls!: Top Dollmakers Share Their Secrets & Patterns Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids