Start by marking “Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life” as Want to Read:
Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life

Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life

The Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook offers guidance on how to bring your family together with the magic of real food. As modern life grows more hectic with each passing day, a part of living the paleo lifestyle is slowing down and enjoying the time we have with family and friends. This cookbook is intended to remind us of how precious these moments are, and that some of the ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Victory Belt Publishing (first published May 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook

Tamdaqueenhotmail.com
Feb 14, 2014 Tamdaqueenhotmail.com rated it really liked it
When you want to change your lifestyle to paleo she is a good person to start with, especially with kids.
Danielle Meininger
Mar 03, 2017 Danielle Meininger rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying the recipes I have made so far from this. Mayo, Ranch, Cauliflower Hummus. I like that the recipes are geared towards familiar flavors. I would have liked to see a bit more weekly meal planning a shopping lists broken down by week.
Christina
Mar 10, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
Shelves: nutrition
This is my favorite cookbook! Every single recipe has a full page color picture and the contents have small thumbnail pictures with the page numbers and name of the dish. It really is laid out beautifully. The recipes I've made so far have all been wonderful. Best Ever Chicken Wings? SO good...we're having more tonight! Slow Chicken Curry? Yuuuummmmm!

This is a cookbook, but the author does give a basic overview of Paleo and how she came to the lifestyle. If you want more in depth information yo
Laren
Jan 06, 2013 Laren rated it liked it
Shelves: food
A few years ago, my husband read "The Primal Blueprint" and decided to follow a Primal lifestyle. He has bought several cookbooks to help you do this, and I have sampled various dishes from all of them. I never really liked any of them until now. Primal and Paleo are very similar in nature, so he recently bought this cookbook. Finally we have recipes which I would actually choose to eat again (and have). The book is geared towards busy moms with kids, as the recipes do not take long to prepare, ...more
Natalie
Jun 13, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
This is a great book. My book is spilled on, warped and stained-- well loved and used. My favorite things about this book are the lunch suggestions and the quick dinner ideas. There is a 1 week meal plan, and lots and lots of basics and tips. I've used her homemade chicken/beef broth quite a bit and we really like it. There is a chili recipe called Everyday Paleo Chili Colorado that is beyond delicious and flavorful. It uses real chilis (3 types) to flavor the chili rather than relying on tomato ...more
Catherine Gillespie
Feb 07, 2015 Catherine Gillespie rated it liked it
Shelves: nutrition, cooking
The recipes in the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook aren’t as closely tied to how we already eat as the ones I found in Well Fed, it gave me some great ideas for cooking with kids, establishing healthy eating habits in children, and making healthy foods that kids will like. For example, the book includes a very quick recipe for Ranch dressing that leaves out the chemical/icky stuff bottled dressing comes with, and several flavorful ways to present vegetable side dishes without a lot of tricky “jus ...more
Mica Humes
Mar 12, 2014 Mica Humes rated it liked it
This seemed like a good book for the Paleo novice. I've been doing paleo for a quite a while now though and the recipes didn't really seem to fit my criteria. Some were simple and didn't really require a recipe (might be nice though if you haven't done paleo for long) like cauli rice and roasted vegetables. The other recipes had too many ingredients for me to attempt them. They just didn't hit my sweet spot of not too time consuming (or expensive because of multiple ingredients), but something s ...more
Kerry
Nov 23, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library when I first decided to go Paleo. Which I am not 100% strict I have incorporate 90% of the time. This book was so good and manageable that I ended up buying it after I had to return the library version. The meatloaf was a really good staple to make and the homemade ketchup. I will be using this book a lot!!
Drew
May 22, 2013 Drew rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this cookbook. I have made quite a few of the recipes and they have all been good. I keep remaking my favorites so I haven't gotten through as many as I would like. The slow cooker curry is fantastic! She does use chicken thighs a lot but I just substitue breasts.
Felicia
Mar 21, 2013 Felicia rated it it was ok
Shelves: paleo, food
This book has some good quick information about the paleo lifestyle and gives good suggestions for fast meals and boxed lunches. I wish there were more recipes though and some additional information on the lifestyle.
Emily Tsesmeloglou
Nov 07, 2013 Emily Tsesmeloglou rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
I like the recipes in this book. They don't seem that complicated and sound delicious. We tried one tonight with great success, and I look forward to trying more. I also found her meal planning ideas at the beginning of the book helpful.
Bunny
Jul 07, 2014 Bunny rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks, read-in-14
The first Paleo cookbook I've looked at. This confirms it. Of all the stupid diet trends that have come out recently, this is...well, one of them.

A few good recipes. To serve over rice with loads of bread . Nom.
Christina Schulz
Learning how to incorporate a whole lifestyle to fit the palate of an entire family is challenging to say the least. Sarah does a fantastic job of giving us all the good stuff in easy peasy lemon squeezy form :)
Alexandria Luttke
Mar 11, 2015 Alexandria Luttke rated it really liked it
A recipe book to help guide someone who is beginning to eat a paleo diet. Initially, I was skeptical that this way of living would be simple; however, I have realized that eating a simpler diet is a better solution for me. I feel better with this diet change and I will continue to eat this way.
Shani
Sep 14, 2013 Shani rated it really liked it
This cookbook explains the Paleo diet and how it is oriented to the family. There are some wonderful recipes in it including a great slow cooking section. The recipes are not difficult to make and are easy to incorporate into your lifestyle.
Sheri
Feb 17, 2014 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Not just excellent recipes (which I've tried over a dozen) but and outstanding reminder to shut off the "screens", cook together, play together, and make a conscious effort to live intentionally as a family.
Martha Smith
Nov 07, 2014 Martha Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This book is both an informative text and a cookbook. The photographs are stunning. However, I found that I could not eat some of the recipes in the book due to food allergies. But a lot of them are very good.
Jan 12, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Just as yummy as the other book!
Kim
Mar 07, 2013 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, 2013
Eh, recipes are okay, basic enough for the everyday cook. I did like the "something extra" on the recipes. Glad I checked this out from the library.
Jan
Nov 20, 2014 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sarah's down to earth honest approach to food and eating. This book has great recipes
Tara Eno
Sep 27, 2012 Tara Eno rated it it was ok
I liked the first book MUCH better, I don't see myself making a lot of the things in this book for some reason. It wasn't as helpful as others.
Ellen ekgpoetry
Aug 26, 2012 Ellen ekgpoetry rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, cookbook
Great go-to recipes for a busy family.
Beth Hatch
Apr 04, 2013 Beth Hatch rated it it was amazing
Best recipe so far is the chipotle pesto skewers. Loved it!
Trish
Mar 23, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing
Great information, easy to understand. Not overly scientific, reducing confusion over what to eat and not to eat. Great recipes at the end.
pea
Sep 25, 2012 pea rated it it was ok
I would make less than a handful of recipes from this book. I didn't particularly like the set-up/design... or the quality of the photographs. also, ms. fragoso's smile is a little insane.
Melissa
Jan 16, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2013-challenge
So many scrumptious recipes to try...I'm excited to start!
Angie crosby
I have tried 6 recipes maybe and all but 1 are wonderful. This is a great cookbook. So far I've had no trouble staying whole30 compliant either. Definitely a book to buy.
Melissa
Jan 16, 2017 Melissa rated it liked it
This cookbook was okay. Not my favourite. I didn't really see it as everyday food as the cover says. But I guess every family is different.
Alison Coe
Sep 05, 2012 Alison Coe rated it liked it
Although I would love to wholly adopt this lifestyle, I just don't think it is feasible for me at this moment. I was able to pick out a few recipes to try and hopefully mix into my rotation.
Jamie
Oct 05, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it
I made a few of the recipies so far and they were really good (the hungarian stew was the best). I liked the photography and layout, overall it's really pretty good.
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
  • Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion
  • Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
  • Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings
  • Well Fed 2: More Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes
  • The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages
  • The Paleo Coach: Expert Advice for Extraordinary Health, Sustainable Fat Loss, and an incredible body
  • Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
  • Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally
  • Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Thankful, 20 Thanksgiving Gluten-free and Paleo Recipes
  • Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo
  • The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More
  • The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook: An Allergen-Free Approach To Managing Chronic Illness