Start by marking “Uplifting Service: The Proven Path to Delighting Your Customers, Colleagues, and Everyone Else You Meet” as Want to Read:

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  119 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews

We are deep in a service crisis. In the operating room, surgeons and their teams communicate in a very precise language; airplane pilots follow a strict protocol to take off and land safely every time; and, when launching a new product, companies lay out a plan that all e
Published May 15th 2012 by Evolve Publishing (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Uplifting Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uplifting Service

Helen
Jul 03, 2016 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do believe in a power of service. In our world where copying a product is a minute thing, only service can help a brand to truly stand out and reach extraordinary results. This book is full of inspiration and ideas where to start so don't keep it on a shelf for long, start reading and implementing best practices. Good luck!:)
Jones Patrick
Aug 27, 2015 Jones Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today's clients are furious and baffled; they don't feel listened. Administration suppliers are similarly irritated by purchaser protests. Administration master Ron Kaufman shows organizations how to rethink client administration to wow their customer bases.

Kaufman discloses how to raise administration as a corporate mission starting from the top. Leaders must characterize the company's purpose, responsibility of their activities and how to inspire representatives to build an establishment for
Michelle
Dec 02, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is pretty cool to read about other instances of high levels of service and makes you question if you are doing the same.
طارق المزين
في لقاء مع الكاتب في محاضرة استمرت اكثر من خمس ساعات في قاعة المحاضرات بسابك، تم توزيع هذا الكتاب.
Rebecca
Interesting idea that could have been condensed.
Alex Vasai
Jan 23, 2014 Alex Vasai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, the author could have written less pages containing the main idea : Your first purpose should be the one of providing an excellent service to your costumers, suppliers, co-workers and so on. It really made me think a lot about it and I've begun applying his philosophy, that's why it deserves the 4 stars rating.
You will not find precise techniques for improving this skills but you will se your costumers in a differnt way after reading this book.
Tedi Irawan
Nov 05, 2015 Tedi Irawan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, it is a nice book, talking a lot about service success in Singapore. I practically skipped from page 90 to 265, and only skimmed the rest, and I did not feel like I missed something. But still, I would read it again when I have spare time, because once again it is actually a nice book. Very nice.

I read it again. I think I have to give one more star. Very nice.
Jessica
Apr 05, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book that can change your working perspective, attitude and goals.
Christopher Anderson
This book just didn't keep my interest. The author made some good points, and there was a good amount that translated to things we are doing in my organization. But it was very dry and didn't motivate the way I was hoping.
Tim Anderson
Jan 02, 2013 Tim Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a good book, A lot of common sense ideas which alot are in practice. I wish there was more on overcoming obstacles and fraud when it comes to customer service.
All in all, I learned a few new ideas I will try to put into practice. We'll see how it works, and if my company will allow time, labor and money to incorporate these ideas.
Marina Elena Draghici
Jan 15, 2015 Marina Elena Draghici rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
An inspiring book. After reading it, I wish to visit Singapore Changi Airport and Marina Bay Sands,so that I can experience their superior services.
Brian
Oct 08, 2012 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A great business book about the need for a focus on service and exceeding customer's expectations. It gave me several ideas and had good examples.
It was definitely written in the style of most business books, which I get bored of at times.
Mirek Jasinski
Jan 05, 2016 Mirek Jasinski rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
It took me just under two years to get through this book. Judging by the number of pages the author can talk the walk, but can he walk the talk? Did not lift me up, so doubt it. Pity, as the subject is very... hmm... uplifting?
Manu
May 22, 2013 Manu rated it really liked it
Ron Kaufman does not just sermon about how service could and should be improved. He takes a step further and explains to us how it can be done in a simple, effective and practical manner. Loved his training session and his book.
يسرا نعيم
May 09, 2016 يسرا نعيم rated it it was amazing
رون كوفمان محاضراته رائعة في خدمة العملاء

ولقد اكتفيت من هذا القدر لأنني صراحة أحسست بالملل

ربما سأرجع أكمله في المستقبل
Elena Calin
Sep 05, 2012 Elena Calin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O carte excelenta. Lectii extraordinare de servicii superioare. Usor de citit si foarte logica.
Andres Mosquera Salazar
Amazing insights of service culture and the best of all: action steps are provided.
Huy Tran
Apr 02, 2013 Huy Tran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's easy to read & provides simple steps to Uplift your service mindset.
This book made me want to visit Singapore!
Claren
Claren marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Shelley Anne
Shelley Anne rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Sofia Nguyen
Sofia Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Roxana Popescu
Roxana Popescu marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Tam Dong
Tam Dong marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Dave Bemis
Dave Bemis rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Editura Publica
Editura Publica rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Ahmed Almuhaidib
Ahmed Almuhaidib marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Patricia Nguyen
Patricia Nguyen rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Rox
Rox marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Omar Walker
Omar Walker marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
  • Flawless Execution: Use the Techniques and Systems of America's Fighter Pilots to Perform at Your Peak and Win the Battles of the Business World
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual Artist
  • The One to One Future
  • Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy
  • Good Business: Leadership, Flow, and the Making of Meaning
  • The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line
  • Transforming Leadership
  • Business Secrets from the Bible: Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance
  • The Future of Management
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow
  • The Power of Ambition
  • Creating Customer Evangelists
  • The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future--Just Enough
  • High Five!: The Magic of Working Together
  • The Connected Company
  • Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution