Start by marking “Bad Book” as Want to Read:
Bad Book

Bad Book

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The name’s Case. Just Case, that’s all. No first name. He is a man among men and therefore only one name is sufficient. Women want to smack him – men want to smack him, too, just harder. Join Case on his epic travels through multiple literary genres as he ruins horror, space-adventure, noir detective, spy-thriller, westerns, classics of literature, pop culture icons and mo ...more
Published April 7th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Bad Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Book

Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma ChasePerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Funny as Hell!
101st out of 1,535 books — 4,942 voters
Joe Café by J.D. MaderBad Book by K.S. BrooksGrendel by John GardnerHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingGods and Generals by Jeff Shaara
Bad Guys Who You Love
2nd out of 19 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Yvonne Hertzberger
Bad Book – A Review:

For me to find a book humorous it has to be clever, witty and original. It takes a lot to make me laugh - a lot. So take my word for it. “Bad Book” is bad (wicked, bitchin’ –well you get my drift.) My eyes are sore from rolling up into my head, my mouth is stiff from exercising all the muscles it takes to keep smiling. I chuckled. I even laughed out loud. It is hilarious and totally irreverent.

When three writers decide to collaborate on a book The question that comes to mind
Bad Book needs to be approached like a summer blockbuster movie. You don't go expecting some film experience that is going to change your life, you go for the entertainment. That's what this book is all about. And I in no way mean that as a criticism. This book is a hilarious read from page 1 to...the last page(I read the unpaginated eBook version) and makes up for its paltry cost in laughs and entertainment.

Bad Book follows a man who identifies himself as "just Case" as he has a multitude of h
Cathy Speight
If you ever thought that a collaboration between three authors might be a dodgy, even risky, enterprise, think again. Put three gifted, funny, witty, and clever authors together, and you get an utter gem of a book.

There’s a clue in the title – it is a baaaaad book; it’s rollicking good fun and laugh-out-loud hilarious. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Our hero, Case, is – well, he’s really just your typical, run-of-the-mill hitch-hiker of literary genres and he glides from one to the other, hopefully
Brenda Perlin
Bad Book, a satire by K. S. Brooks, Stephen Hise and JD Mader is more like an odd episode of Star Trek, Ghostbusters or maybe even Dances with Wolves but there are vampires involved. Paranormal meets the semi-normal. Part Columbo, Back to the Future, and Jurassic Park. Not really, but you get the idea.

Clever, zany lines that made me wonder, what next? This off-beat comedy captured my attention as quirky is my middle name. Case's adventure was filled with unexpected twists and turns. Amusing, bo
Jeff Dawson

Honey. Is it cold in here or are you just happy to see me?

This is a first. I'm speechless. Seriously, this a action packed, humor filled, well paced novel. I believe Rod Serling would have a problem topping this work. How would you classify the following parallels:
Captain Kirk meets James Bond meets Butthead who meets Monty Python meets? I'm still stumped.

However, based on my inabilities to process a cognoscente thought, let's give it a go.

The main character is Case. That's it. Call me Case. Thi
Linda Welch
A fast, funny, very clever parody of too many books/movies to list, seamlessly woven. And don't skip the authors' bios in the back!
Thomas Winship
Highly original. Very well done. Laugh out loud moments. A stroke of genre-jumping genius.
Humor may be dependent on the reader, but if you can’t laugh at this book, you must have had a funny-bone-ectomy as a child. The laughs started with a disclaimer that begins …

Bad Book meets or exceeds the recommended daily allowance of vowels and consonants, and is safe and effective when used as directed. Use of Bad Book in any manner inconsistent with its intended purpose nullifies its warranty, which is neither expressed nor implied.

… and finishes with, “If you experience an erection that las
Ed Drury
If you set out to write a bad book, a book so utterly bad that it is entitled, "Bad Book", what could go wrong? I suppose you could wind up with a good book, totally blowing the title. Can a book titled "Bad Book" be really a great book? In disguise? People have gone mad asking questions like that. Even more have lost their minds trying to answer them. I suppose that the questions are all somewhat rhetorical given that someone did set out to write a bad book so bad that it is called simply "Bad ...more
Aug 30, 2013 Rockbell marked it as unfinished
Shelves: napanalunan, parody
Found this on the "Funny as Hell" listopia. Even with the four or five star ratings, I should have noticed that they came from seemingly 50 or 60-something year-old Goodreads users so it might not be for me.

There are all kinds of humor here that there is surely something you'll find funny. Maybe it'll make you laugh (one or two times, like what happened with me). But the formula gets repetitive, so I'm going to stop at Chapter 8.

Don't know what how to rate this: high rating because it succeeds t
Y.I. Washington
Wow. This book is intentionally bad. But It's so bad it's almost funny. Some chapters are laugh out loud HAlarious and others had a bit too much juvenile humor for me. That said, it was an interesting diversion for a few days.
It had to take three authors to come up with that many truly awful puns and bad word play. I kept hoping, I have no idea why, that it would get better and actually turn out to be funny. It didn't. At best, they get points for the mind torturing efforts they made. I only thank the powers that be that I got the book on a daily Amazon special for free, because the 99 cent regular price is a dollar too much.
Thank god it was a kindle freeby. They were right, it really is a bad book!
Pam Logan
Life has been very hectic; so much to do and no ambition to do it. I have writing to do and when I sit down to do it, I have no problem, the thoughts, ideas and words come with ease - I just don't feel like doing it. I have housework to do, but hey, it can wait until tomorrow or next week. I want to eat but don't feel like cooking. The lawn needs to be cut, but it rained so I will wait until tomorrow or maybe the next day.

Trying to get out of this funk, I decided to read a book. Since all the bo
Nov 26, 2012 Argane added it
Steven marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Felisa marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Milisia marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kelly Mackey
Kelly Mackey marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Snorkelbuddy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Navi Gunaratne
Navi Gunaratne marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Clynn marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Just Like That
  • The Handyman Can
  • Joe & Tate
  • Omega's Lie (Fated Dates #1)
  • Honky Tonk (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • Spokes
  • The Emerald Burrito of Oz
  • Crowchanger (Changers of Chandris, #1)
  • Eternal Samurai
  • Equals (Equals #1)
  • The Wielder: Betrayal
  • Laying a Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #1)
  • The Darkest Flame (Roadmap to Your Heart #1)
  • Sliding Past Vertical
  • A Little Too Broken
  • Bad to the Bone: Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger
  • The Duality Paradigm (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • An Unconventional Courtship (Unconventional #1)
K.S. Brooks has been writing for over thirty years. An award-winning author and photographer, she has written more than 20 titles, is currently the co-administrator for the superblog, and is founder of "Authors for Hurricane Sandy Library Recovery" and the "Liberty Library" for soldiers and veterans.

Ms. Brooks penned her first book, a swashbuckling action-adventure based in 17t
More about K.S. Brooks...