Start by marking “Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs” as Want to Read:
Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs

Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Today’s business climate demands breakthroughs, not incremental improvements. What makes one leader or company thrive while others languish in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing marketplace? There’s no doubt hard work is involved, but Soren Kaplan shows you can’t do it by simply creating a big vision and implementing a set plan. In his trailblazing debut, Kaplan gives busin ...more
Published August 6th 2012 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Leapfrogging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leapfrogging

Tom Herzog
Aug 10, 2014 Tom Herzog rated it liked it
Shelves: biz-books, mentor
I like these kind of books, especially the real world examples. A nice touch are the questions and suggested actions at the end of each chapter. The personal introspection makes it different than most case study reads, providing a nice change of pace.

- Good team gift to underscore attributes vital in today's workforce.

- Several highlights and books which I'll reference.

- Will go on my mentor list because it deals with the age old issue if we are not willing to rethink, the market will do it f
Mohammed alkindy
Feb 18, 2014 Mohammed alkindy rated it liked it
nice piece of writing, another perspective of looking at surprises, according to the author, all surprises are good in a way, even the not so good, they supposed to be a guide post for better if we know where to look. break through may come from places or time one could not expect. and if people do not follow such posts they may be missing the opportunity to arrive to a surprising break through.
Vijay
Apr 21, 2015 Vijay rated it liked it
Good book. Harnessing the surprise is a good concept. The incidents that are added are good.But I feel planning is of course necessary . we can't enter any business without planning well. planning should be done and after decision we can invite surprises. Giving 3 stars
Saurabh Hooda
Mar 15, 2016 Saurabh Hooda rated it liked it
Borrowed it from a neighbor using Lenro: https://lenro.co/books/13585877-leapf...
Pretty average read. Lots of theoretical stuff.
Saju
Jun 03, 2016 Saju rated it liked it
A nice read, even though the contents might not get understood deeply at one go, I believe revisiting this book after a couple of years would strengthen the insights in this book.
Sterling
Jan 26, 2013 Sterling rated it really liked it
I read this as an assignment for my MBA program, and although I usually don't like these kinds of books, I was pleasantly surprised. It was easy to get through and the author used a lot of good examples of current businesses to make his points.

His last two chapters that discussed the effects of fearing failure on future success were especially significant for me. Many of his principles can be applied to both business as well as our personal lives.

If you are looking for a quick but worthwhile bo
Jeromy Peacock
5 stars = Yearly re-read
4 stars = Re-read eventually
3 stars = Very Good
2 stars = OK
1 stars = Pass on this one.
0 stars = Couldn't finish it.
Wai-kit Ng
To achieve breakthrough, surprise is fundamental. Got that. Can't say much else about the book though.
Andd Becker
Sep 21, 2012 Andd Becker rated it it was ok
The book can be used effectively in a business school course.
Hamad Al-ibrahim
Nov 13, 2013 Hamad Al-ibrahim rated it liked it
A great book to read, highly recommend it
Lech Kaniuk
Lech Kaniuk rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Mukesh Gupta
Mukesh Gupta rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Anneke Van Aarde
Anneke Van Aarde marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Ninad Kashid
Ninad Kashid marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Klaus
Klaus rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Jay Lyman
Jay Lyman rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
William
William marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Ankur Sharma
Ankur Sharma marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Nancy Diblasi
Nancy Diblasi marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Deepak Singh Bisth
Deepak Singh Bisth marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Manuel
Manuel marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016