Start by marking “A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree

A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  309 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Sam Bennett is in Manhattan for the Christmas season, setting up Christmas trees all over the city, when he meets beautiful Nicole Young and a small boy with a big wish. Will they all get what they really want for Christmas?
Published June 26th 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

Calder Born, Calder Bred by Janet DaileyThis Calder Sky by Janet DaileyStands A Calder Man by Janet DaileyThis Calder Range by Janet DaileyNotorious by Janet Dailey
Janet Dailey
33rd out of 45 books — 3 voters
Liberty or Death by David        CookMay Day by Thom  StarkBlood on the Snow by David        CookBroken Point by Donna K. ChildreeThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Fall and Winter Reading
136th out of 186 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
There is nothing more festive than New York at Christmas. Sam Bennett is enjoying every minute of his time there, while he works a seasonal gig setting up Christmas displays around the city. Any kind of work will help his family’s Colorado ranching operation squeak through another hard winter. When he is offered a side job helping set up a window display, he jumps at the chance.

Nicole Young dreams of being a window dresser for one of the large chain stores in New York. The cutthroat business of
Elley Murray
Nov 29, 2012 Elley Murray rated it liked it
This was cute, but about 100-150 pages in all of a sudden either the writing went downhill fast or I suddenly gained an awareness of how mediocre it was. Not BAD bad, just sometimes repetitive, sometimes awkward... Right where it suddenly goes down hill is when the leads have the obligatory fight about a misunderstanding, and I found myself flipping back a few pages going "Did I miss something? Where are they suddenly mad at each other?" It seems like both characters all of a sudden started gett ...more
Ann Keller
Feb 10, 2013 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Handsome Sam Bennett journeys to New York City to deliver Christmas trees, bringing a little holiday cheer to the busy city folk. However, blending into the Manhattan landscape takes a few adjustments. Not only does Sam’s manly physique and Stetson stand out like a beacon, his common sense and mountain man demeanor seem a little out of place.

Nevertheless, pretty Nicole Young can’t resist Sam’s charming appeal. Sam helps Nicole decorate a few shop windows and she finds herself falling under his w
Diana
Sep 24, 2012 Diana rated it it was amazing
I usually don't read Chrsitmas books except during December but I loved the cover of this one and have been reading other Janet Dailey books recently. It is a light-hearted story of a Coolrado man that brought a blue spruce tree to New York City for the holiday season. He works for a college friend who's business is to set up trees for the city and to keep them decorated. Sam has never been to the big city and is learning alot about the city. He meets a window dresser,Nicole. who needs help sett ...more
Cindi
Apr 14, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it
If you want to read a happy ending Christmas Story that takes place . In NY. This book is for you. Sometimes it is nice to just read about people doing good things!!
Cynthia Marcano
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree is not something that I usually read but it fell in line with a criteria for a book challenge that I participate in, so I read it.

Having said that, I can say that the challenge I participate in has indeed challenged me. I did not like this book and only finished reading it in order to complete my challenge.

The heroine of A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree Nicole, a window designer in NYC, is not a likable character. While the hero Sam, a cowboy from Colorado, seeme
Caro
Aug 15, 2015 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
A pretty good book that can be ready anytime. Great for the holiday season. I loved the characters, the personalities, the emotions, the overall feel to the book, and the ending. I would like to see what happens with the others, friends and family, and get to know them better. A good read with plenty of variety and a feel good time. Enjoy
Crystal
Dec 07, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Sam Bennett is working the Christmas season in New York setting up Christmas trees. He meets Nicole Young a window designer. Sam works for Nicole setting up a beautiful Christmas window display and there are sparks flying while they work together. They spend time getting to know each other between Sam working on setting up trees and Nicole working on fabulous window displays.

I enjoy watching these two stumble into love without really knowing it was happening.

This book really shows you that ther
R J Mckay
Sep 05, 2012 R J Mckay rated it really liked it
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree, is the story of Sam Bennett and Nicloe Young. Sam, who lives in Colorado, is in Manhattan to help set up Christmas trees. Nicole, a city girl, is a window dresser, who is creating Christmas-themed store windows. Quite by accident, Sam and Nicole meet...and sparks fly, or maybe I should say snowflakes fall. It is a wonderful book.

The story is a beautiful reminder of the true meaning of Christmas: a season to help others.
Catherine Greenfeder
Dec 29, 2012 Catherine Greenfeder rated it really liked it
Janet Dailey works her story telling magic in this warm hearted and sweet romance about a Colorado cowboy who takes a temporary job installing Christmas trees in New York City and a window fashion designer. Sam and Nicole not only enjoy their time together in the Big Apple but the holiday spirit has them playing Santa for a small boy whose wish is to cheer up his family. Good reading even after the holiday tree and gift wrapping is tucked away!
Patricia Solla
Oct 26, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
I liked this storyline. A cowboy in the big city to earn extra money for his family gets involved with a big city girl. The girl is a window designer and it's Christmas time and she's busily doing windows in a small but fashionable store. The cowboy jumps in to help out with setting up the window and the story goes from there. This was definitely one of the better Christmas stories I've read this year.
Natalie
Oct 24, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Well anybody that knows me,knows that I love Christmas stories!This was a delightful book! The people and the story were something that could really happen.The way they met was so random and could have happened to just about anybody.This is a sit back and enjoy the story kind of book.All you need is a comfortable chair,gentle snowfall and a cup of hot chocolate.
Gran2sophie
Sep 01, 2012 Gran2sophie rated it did not like it
Hadn't read any of her books since the Caulder series many years ago. This is definitely not in that class. I'm sure if I had read this book first I never would've read more of her books. No real story line, flat characters, I was very disappointed.
Gail
Oct 08, 2012 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good Christmas story. A little slow in some parts and it seemed like it ended but there should still be more to the story.
Megan Beasley
Jan 17, 2013 Megan Beasley rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a lot. It was a very quick read. Very joyful and full of Christmas spirit even though I read it in January.
Donnajo
Jan 14, 2013 Donnajo rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
library book. a sweet holiday story. it's good to come back to reading a author I read long ago.

Marti
it was okay... kind of sorry I spent the time reading it when there are so many books and so little time.
ClockwrkPrincess
Nov 03, 2013 ClockwrkPrincess rated it really liked it
I really connected with the characters, but the plot escalated too quickly in the end:/ overall good book
Lynda
Dec 20, 2013 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree was a very enjoyable holiday read from Janet Dailey who know how to write sweet romance stories.

First there is the handsome Colorado cowboy-rancher who wears a Stetson and looks GOOD in a Stetson. You can’t help but like this character immediately upon introduction. Then there is the “city girl” who our cowboy, of course, falls for. You’ll like her too. Hard working. Creative. Friendly. Giving. Add to that mix the cowboy’s family.

Most of the book takes place in
Margaret
Oct 11, 2012 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SweetSue
Dec 24, 2015 SweetSue rated it really liked it
Oh gosh, so sweet! Loved the realism. Sam was such a great guy and Nicole was a good heroine - smart, independent, and willing to fall in love. I particularly like that they both saw good things in where the other lived and what they did. I've read too many books recently where the girl gives up her job and moves to where the guy is and it's not at all clear what she's going to do with herself besides be a sex bunny after that. No steam, but that was OK. The story really didn't need it.
Irisdiana
Jan 05, 2016 Irisdiana rated it it was ok
Well......I really wanted to like this book more......I loved Sam Bennett. But the leading lady ....... Nicole had an interesting job.....and that is the best I can do. I liked the side characters but they never seemed to go anywhere in the story line. I really wanted more about Maureen the single mom down the hall. The middle dragged and then the last 75 pages it was a hurried rush.
Jeanne
Apr 05, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
When a cowboy from Colorado comes to New York to help a friend set up one the cities Christmas trees, he meets a pretty store window designer. Let your imagination run.... I love a happy ending! A good romance read!!
Jan Mcleod
May 14, 2015 Jan Mcleod rated it liked it
The book was ok, but it read like something form Harlequin. Some of the action seemed contrived and too convenient.
It is definitely NOT the quality of work exhibited in many of Ms. Dailey's other novels.
Deb Ochodnicky
Not the best

It was great in the beginning, I enjoyed it. Then as it went on, it seemed like the story line was rushed. I didn't care for that.
Nancy
Dec 18, 2014 Nancy rated it it was ok
Very sugary sweet. Where's the ropin' and tyin' and cowboy ridin'?

Some parts were also very long and disjointed from the rest of the story.

All in all just bland.
Laura Beth
Jan 26, 2013 Laura Beth rated it did not like it
I hate to leave negative reviews - but hopefully it will save someone else several hours. I love romance and I love Christmas stories - especially during the season. That being said, this was very flat, no spark, characters weren't developed or that interesting. The romance wasn't believable and neither was the ending. As a matter of fact, several things in this book weren't believable. It's also a very g-rated book, which is not a bad thing by itself but when the characters aren't developed and ...more
Susan
Dec 13, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
A fun romance story that involves a Colorado rancher who comes to work temporarily during the holiday season in the Big Apple and the people he meets.
Debbie
Nov 20, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
First time reading a Janet Dailey book. Book was easy to read but not real exciting. Easy to guess the way it would end.
Tammy
Apr 22, 2013 Tammy rated it did not like it
This is my first Janet Dailey book, I was so excited cause it had both my favorite things in it. Cowboys and Christmas. I guess I was too excited when I started reading it, then I got to halfway and just couldn't stay into the book at all. The characters were all likable, but the weren't developed enough. I would have loved to have read more about Sam's family and the Fulton's but it was all spaced out so that I would lose track of the pages I was on and I would get confused as to what was going ...more
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #3)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1)
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • A Cold Creek Christmas Surprise (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #12)
  • Wildest Dreams
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • Sleigh Belles
  • Holiday Hideout
  • One More Summer
  • Lady Miracle (Faulkener Family, #2)
  • A Winter Wonderland
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...