Start by marking “A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree

A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Sam Bennett is in Manhattan for the Christmas season, setting up Christmas trees all over the city, when he meets beautiful Nicole Young and a small boy with a big wish. Will they all get what they really want for Christmas?
Published June 26th 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

Notorious by Janet DaileyNightway by Janet DaileyIllusions by Janet DaileyThe Great Alone by Janet DaileyHeiress by Janet Dailey
Janet Dailey
30th out of 44 books — 2 voters
Liberty or Death by David        CookMay Day by Thom  StarkBlood on the Snow by David        CookBroken Point by Donna K. ChildreeThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Fall and Winter Reading
130th out of 183 books — 67 voters

More lists with this book...

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
There is nothing more festive than New York at Christmas. Sam Bennett is enjoying every minute of his time there, while he works a seasonal gig setting up Christmas displays around the city. Any kind of work will help his family’s Colorado ranching operation squeak through another hard winter. When he is offered a side job helping set up a window display, he jumps at the chance.

Nicole Young dreams of being a window dresser for one of the large chain stores in New York. The cutthroat business of
Elley Murray
This was cute, but about 100-150 pages in all of a sudden either the writing went downhill fast or I suddenly gained an awareness of how mediocre it was. Not BAD bad, just sometimes repetitive, sometimes awkward... Right where it suddenly goes down hill is when the leads have the obligatory fight about a misunderstanding, and I found myself flipping back a few pages going "Did I miss something? Where are they suddenly mad at each other?" It seems like both characters all of a sudden started gett ...more
Ann Keller
Handsome Sam Bennett journeys to New York City to deliver Christmas trees, bringing a little holiday cheer to the busy city folk. However, blending into the Manhattan landscape takes a few adjustments. Not only does Sam’s manly physique and Stetson stand out like a beacon, his common sense and mountain man demeanor seem a little out of place.

Nevertheless, pretty Nicole Young can’t resist Sam’s charming appeal. Sam helps Nicole decorate a few shop windows and she finds herself falling under his w
I usually don't read Chrsitmas books except during December but I loved the cover of this one and have been reading other Janet Dailey books recently. It is a light-hearted story of a Coolrado man that brought a blue spruce tree to New York City for the holiday season. He works for a college friend who's business is to set up trees for the city and to keep them decorated. Sam has never been to the big city and is learning alot about the city. He meets a window dresser,Nicole. who needs help sett ...more
If you want to read a happy ending Christmas Story that takes place . In NY. This book is for you. Sometimes it is nice to just read about people doing good things!!
Cynthia Marcano
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree is not something that I usually read but it fell in line with a criteria for a book challenge that I participate in, so I read it.

Having said that, I can say that the challenge I participate in has indeed challenged me. I did not like this book and only finished reading it in order to complete my challenge.

The heroine of A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree Nicole, a window designer in NYC, is not a likable character. While the hero Sam, a cowboy from Colorado, seeme
A pretty good book that can be ready anytime. Great for the holiday season. I loved the characters, the personalities, the emotions, the overall feel to the book, and the ending. I would like to see what happens with the others, friends and family, and get to know them better. A good read with plenty of variety and a feel good time. Enjoy
Sam Bennett is working the Christmas season in New York setting up Christmas trees. He meets Nicole Young a window designer. Sam works for Nicole setting up a beautiful Christmas window display and there are sparks flying while they work together. They spend time getting to know each other between Sam working on setting up trees and Nicole working on fabulous window displays.

I enjoy watching these two stumble into love without really knowing it was happening.

This book really shows you that ther
R J Mckay
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree, is the story of Sam Bennett and Nicloe Young. Sam, who lives in Colorado, is in Manhattan to help set up Christmas trees. Nicole, a city girl, is a window dresser, who is creating Christmas-themed store windows. Quite by accident, Sam and Nicole meet...and sparks fly, or maybe I should say snowflakes fall. It is a wonderful book.

The story is a beautiful reminder of the true meaning of Christmas: a season to help others.
Catherine Greenfeder
Janet Dailey works her story telling magic in this warm hearted and sweet romance about a Colorado cowboy who takes a temporary job installing Christmas trees in New York City and a window fashion designer. Sam and Nicole not only enjoy their time together in the Big Apple but the holiday spirit has them playing Santa for a small boy whose wish is to cheer up his family. Good reading even after the holiday tree and gift wrapping is tucked away!
Patricia Solla
I liked this storyline. A cowboy in the big city to earn extra money for his family gets involved with a big city girl. The girl is a window designer and it's Christmas time and she's busily doing windows in a small but fashionable store. The cowboy jumps in to help out with setting up the window and the story goes from there. This was definitely one of the better Christmas stories I've read this year.
Well anybody that knows me,knows that I love Christmas stories!This was a delightful book! The people and the story were something that could really happen.The way they met was so random and could have happened to just about anybody.This is a sit back and enjoy the story kind of book.All you need is a comfortable chair,gentle snowfall and a cup of hot chocolate.
Hadn't read any of her books since the Caulder series many years ago. This is definitely not in that class. I'm sure if I had read this book first I never would've read more of her books. No real story line, flat characters, I was very disappointed.
It was a good Christmas story. A little slow in some parts and it seemed like it ended but there should still be more to the story.
Megan Beasley
I liked this book a lot. It was a very quick read. Very joyful and full of Christmas spirit even though I read it in January.
library book. a sweet holiday story. it's good to come back to reading a author I read long ago.

it was okay... kind of sorry I spent the time reading it when there are so many books and so little time.
I really connected with the characters, but the plot escalated too quickly in the end:/ overall good book
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree was a very enjoyable holiday read from Janet Dailey who know how to write sweet romance stories.

First there is the handsome Colorado cowboy-rancher who wears a Stetson and looks GOOD in a Stetson. You can’t help but like this character immediately upon introduction. Then there is the “city girl” who our cowboy, of course, falls for. You’ll like her too. Hard working. Creative. Friendly. Giving. Add to that mix the cowboy’s family.

Most of the book takes place in
Jan Mcleod
The book was ok, but it read like something form Harlequin. Some of the action seemed contrived and too convenient.
It is definitely NOT the quality of work exhibited in many of Ms. Dailey's other novels.
Deb Ochodnicky
Not the best

It was great in the beginning, I enjoyed it. Then as it went on, it seemed like the story line was rushed. I didn't care for that.
Very sugary sweet. Where's the ropin' and tyin' and cowboy ridin'?

Some parts were also very long and disjointed from the rest of the story.

All in all just bland.
Laura Beth
I hate to leave negative reviews - but hopefully it will save someone else several hours. I love romance and I love Christmas stories - especially during the season. That being said, this was very flat, no spark, characters weren't developed or that interesting. The romance wasn't believable and neither was the ending. As a matter of fact, several things in this book weren't believable. It's also a very g-rated book, which is not a bad thing by itself but when the characters aren't developed and ...more
A fun romance story that involves a Colorado rancher who comes to work temporarily during the holiday season in the Big Apple and the people he meets.
First time reading a Janet Dailey book. Book was easy to read but not real exciting. Easy to guess the way it would end.
This is my first Janet Dailey book, I was so excited cause it had both my favorite things in it. Cowboys and Christmas. I guess I was too excited when I started reading it, then I got to halfway and just couldn't stay into the book at all. The characters were all likable, but the weren't developed enough. I would have loved to have read more about Sam's family and the Fulton's but it was all spaced out so that I would lose track of the pages I was on and I would get confused as to what was going ...more
Elizabeth F
The edition I read had a much sweeter cover of cowboy boots under a Christmas tree. if this were the cover, I never would have picked it up! This was one of the dullest romances I have ever read. Nothing happened in terms of the plot, dialogue or character. the relationship never really develops and the inevitable ending is anti-climactic.
Kerri Cajthaml
fun reading during the holidays
Well, I ended my fun month of holiday romance reading with a real dud. The writing was flat, lots of head-hopping, and a main character who came across as bitchy. Plus, a really ridiculous ending. I had to slog through it. I should probably learn to DNF books. It gets two stars just for being set in NYC during the holidays, holiday store windows, and a cowboy. I would be hard pressed to pick up another Dailey book.
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1)
  • Sleigh Belles
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • Wildest Dreams
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #3)
  • A Cold Creek Christmas Surprise (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #12)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • A Christmas Bride
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Blood of the Emperor (The Annals of Drakis, #3)
  • Christmas on Main Street
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...