Start by marking “The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat #1)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat #1)

The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,569 ratings  ·  349 reviews
Paris

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line...

Chocolate

Melting, yielding yet firm, exotic, its secrets are intimately known to Sylvain Marquis. But turn them over to a bra
Published July 31st 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Thief

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Sep 19, 2014 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone who wants a romance to make you smile.
Stacia loses it in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

4.5 stars. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I probably over-gushed in my status updates but I don't care. I still feel like gushing. Let me have this. I don't do it very often.

I've never been a huge fan of most chick flicks but there's something about the feeling that I got while reading The Chocolate Thief which made me want to curl up on my couch and watch the couple from inside this book come to life, while starring in a pretty, magical world on my television. Note
♥Rachel♥
Nov 16, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Keertana
Shelves: audio-book, favorites
4.5 Stars.

Reading (listening to) the The Chocolate Thief was a heady and sensual experience. Laura Florand completely bewitched me with her decadent descriptions of chocolate: making, tasting, and consuming and thoroughly swept me off my feet with a romance to die for. Oh my heart, Sylvain!!

Cade Corey’s family is famous for their Corey Chocolate Bars sold all over the world making her family worth billions. However, it’s been Cade’s dream to make a premium line of chocolate rather than her mass
MelissaB
I am glad I read The Chocolate Touch before this one because I enjoyed it much more and I am not sure this book would have kept me reading the series. The good parts of this book are the lovely Paris setting and all kinds of chocolate in the book. I had trouble connecting with this heroine and her actions and motivations were just somewhat strange. The hero was kind of confusing too, sometimes he was commanding and confident and others he seemed like a boy with low self-esteem. Overall a decent ...more
Keertana
HOLY HOTNESS. I picked up The Chocolate Thief while taking a quick study break, but I didn't set it back down until I had devoured the entire novel. Frankly speaking, I am surprised no one has tried this combination before: chocolate and romance, all set against the backdrop of Paris? What's NOT to love? Although its cover just screams chick-lit, The Chocolate Thief is quite thankfully a little more sensual and deeper than that. While it may lack the depth most readers - including myself - crave ...more
Angie
Apr 23, 2013 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angie by: Chachic
Shelves: good-uns, romance
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

When one of your very good friends wholeheartedly recommends a book or series as one of her favorite contemporary romance series, you pay attention, yes? Which is why I didn't last long before picking up Laura Florand's THE CHOCOLATE THIEF after Chachic brought it to my attention a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I would have discovered Florand otherwise, and I am just really happy that I did because this book is delicious. That cute cover doesn't hurt i
Ana
5 delicious stars

I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I'll be short, but I liked the book so much that I just had to share my love. :-)

Anyway, this book combines two to things that I simply adore:

1. Paris - the city of light

I love Paris, and seeing it through the eyes of the main characters was a true pleasure - Cade, an American, a stranger to the city, and Sylvain, a Frenchman, the way I imagine a true Parisian would be like - arrogant, snobby, but charming. Reading about all the places imagining I was
Chachic
May 05, 2014 Chachic rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Chachic by: Michelle
May 5, 2014 comments: I felt like rereading after I've been to Paris because I wanted to see what it felt like now that I'm more familiar with the setting. The writing is just as good as I remembered and the reading experience is even better because of the little details that I could relate to.

_____________________
March 29, 2013 review:
Originally posted here.

I have to thank my good friend Michelle for introducing me to what has become one of my favorite contemporary romance series. I had a feeli
Brie C.
Originally posted here.

Laura Florand is one of those authors whose books I really want to like, but never seem to work for me. Yet I keep buying them and giving her second and third chances. I can see why people like her books, but I’m never fully engaged. The problem is that she has great ideas and a lot of potential, but the execution is not quite there.

The Chocolate Thief is the story of Cade Corey. She’s the heiress of a Hershey's-like chocolate corporation, and she’s very passionate about
Alex
The first four to five chapters made me think this book was going to be an utter waste of space, but both characters got significantly less annoying once they started sleeping together. There were still a lot of moments where I wanted to chuck it at a wall for being sexist though.

Also, if you're curious what some of the earlier stuff is like, I've summarized it for you here:

"And then he used his manly sex hands to chop sexy chocolate like sex. The sexy curls of dark chocolate sexily dropped to t
Olga Godim
This book blends Paris, chocolate, and a love story in one delicious package, as sensual and bitter-sweet as only French chocolate can be. The heroine Cade Corey is the heir to an American chocolate empire, something like Mars. The Coreys’ most popular chocolate bars, factory-produced, cost 33 cents at Walmart. You can imagine their quality, but the tradition has persisted for three generations.
The hero Sylvain is the best artisan chocolatier in Paris. His hand-made, gourmet chocolate serves on
Mandi Schreiner
Cade Corey and her family own Corey Chocolate, the biggest chocolate distributor in the United States. Their chocolate bars sell at Walmart for $.33 and those coins have brought a billion dollars to her family. Always looking for something new, Cade decides she wants Parisian chocolatier, Sylvain Marquis’s name on a new line of their chocolate. Cade thinks it will be the perfect fit for Sylvain and it will bring her company more money. So off to Paris she goes.

What she doesn’t expect is for Sylv
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Story outline was lovely, but I could not enjoy it because I was repeatedly angry at unknown French words.

I am happy reading French as long as the translation is placed immediately after in parentheses. But that did not happen. Every time I saw a French word, my first thought was will it be translated? A few of them were translated a sentence or two later, but 95% were not. It kept taking me out of the story. The French words occurred about every second or third page. I took a college
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
What a fun read! Trying to think of adjectives to describe it - Delicious, Sensual, Romantic, Seductive, Funny, Beautiful.... I am sure it has a little bit of an advantage if you happen to be a chocolate lover, because you can just almost taste chocolate on nearly every page. It helps if you are romantic at heart too. It also helps if you appreciate an author who can make you want to be wherever the story takes place. I have no interest in ever going to Paris, but I loved being there in this boo ...more
Rachel Neumeier
Sylvain Marquis knew what women desired: chocolate. And so he had learned as he grew into adulthood how to master a woman’s desire.

How’s that for an intro? I love it!

Is there really a chocolate thief in this story? Sure.

Christophe stared at [Sylvain]. “Doesn’t that make you happy? A woman thief sneaking into your lair to steal your chocolate? Don’t you want to hide out here overnight to try to catch her en flagrant délit?

Sylvain opened and closed his mouth. Yes. He did. “I think we might be a li
Sonja
4.5 stars for this one.
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS!!! Lots of chocolate, the worst spy/thief in the world, a really great pairing, so very trope-y, great makeouts, awesome side characters. So yeah, based on that alone, I loved it!
(view spoiler)
Holly
***WARNING!!!***
This book will leave you eating insane amounts of chocolate! At least, that’s what it did to me. I’m not kidding when I say that half way through, I went to the store to buy chocolate- and not just a bag of Kit Kats and Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cups (although I did get those)- but really good chocolate, like Lindor. And for some of you, Lindor might be equivalent to Arbor Mist wine, but I like Arbor Mist.

Cade Corey is the heir to a chocolate empire, Corey Bars, in the US. A company
Cheyenne
I actually liked this book more than I thought I would but it was silly. I guess I just couldn't buy each character's motivation. He was all 'I'm gonna make her love me through my chocolate' and she was all 'I'm going to break into his shop and be creepy' and then he was like 'she's stealing my stuff, that's so hot' and she was like 'breaking in is so intoxicating, I'm so turned on' and then he was like 'I caught you red-handed, you're mine' and so on and so forth. The sex scenes were pretty hot ...more
T'Lar
Despite my early qualms, hey, I really liked this! There were parts of it I found absolutely dreamy (and a few parts that dragged a bit but, eh, not too bad.)

Het and I haven't been on speaking terms since the nineties or so, largely because I became hyper-aware of power dynamics between the leads. I'd completely root for the female lead while despising the male lead (exception: most beta heroes, who were all too rare,) then almost nothing would satisfy me for the rest of the story. The woman wou
Andrea
First up, I would like to once again thank Karen at For What It's Worth Reviews for the recommendation. I've been reading her reviews for the Amour et Chocolat series for a while now, and as always, she's the best. Seeing my friend Rachel's -at Readers Den (and Waves of Fiction) praise for this series also helped seal the deal.

Second, these reviews are going to be so difficult and fall will surely fall short of the due Amour et Chocolat deserves. So whatever I say from here on out, multiply tha
Katie
Re-Read July 2014

So I did like this a lot better on re-read, buuuut it's weaker than the rest. I think my main problem is I found both Cade and Sylvain somewhat unlikable and unsympathetic at the beginning. That changes throughout the book, plus I've seen them being very likable indeed in later books.

(view spoiler)
namericanwordcat
Sep 25, 2013 namericanwordcat rated it 5 of 5 stars
The Chocolate Thief Review The Parisian sorcerer of artisan chocolate, handsome Frenchman Sylvain Marquis, and the American empress of chocolate bars, Cade Corey, play a decadent game of seduction and subterfuge that causes them both to melt with desire.

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line. .
3.5 Stars

Contemporary romance is a genre that I enjoy, but it is has never been one that I gravitate towards. But, I have heard so many great things about this series that I knew I had to try it. I found The Chocolate Thief to be a sweet romance that provides a great introduction to Florand's writing style. The characters were likable (for the most part), the love story was adorable, and the parts about chocolate just made me hungry.

Our heroine is Cade Corey, granddaughter of the founder of the
Amanda

I feels like I'm in heaven while reading this book. The detailed description of chocolate making had me drooling over and those French words had me in constant dreamy sigh. Although most of the time I don't know heck about the meaning, they just sounds so sexy. I do tried to get some translated whenever I had access to the wifi.

"Je t'aime".

description

Our heroine Cade Corey had a rather masculine name that initially I misunderstood as the hero of the book. She is the heiress of the Corey Bars (t
Nicoletta
Primo di una lunga serie, "Ladra di cioccolato" ci catapulta in un mondo di sensazioni che difficilmente dimenticheremo.
La lettura di questo libro infatti, procura dipendenza e astinenza una volta concluso.
Posso affermare di essere ingrassata 10 chili mentre mi perdevo tra sacchi di baccelli alla vaniglia/ cacao e pistacchi.
Fondente, al latte, alle mandorle, di tutti i gusti e soprattutto per palati finissimi, poichè un chilo di questi magnifici esemplari costano un occhio della fronte.
E' spetta
Yukino
Libro appena finito.
L'ho trovato, intenso e delizioso. Ho dovuto nascondere il cioccolato a casa perché appena iniziavo a leggere mi veniva una voglia matta di mangiarlo!!!
Ambientazione e personaggi davvero suggestivi e indimenticabili. Il libro gioca appunto sulle diversità dei due paesi e sia Cade che Sylvane sono ben costruiti. Entrambi sono forti e decisi per quanto riguarda il lavoro, ma quando passiamo alla sfera sentimentale ė tutta un'altra cosa..insicuri e pieni di paure e timori.
Mi è
Miraphora
Reduce da una settimana estiva a Parigi e in piena crisi ormonale, di quelle cattive che chiedono cioccolata a gran voce, non potevo assolutamente escludere questo romanzo dalla mia lista.
Complice un pomeriggio nuvoloso e freschino, mi sono piazzata sul divano con una bella tavoletta di cioccolato Milka bianco super dolce (la crisi ha ringraziato), copertina e silenzio totale e l'ho finito.
Esatto, l'ho finito in un pomeriggio. Iniziato alle 14, finito alle 19. Da moltissimo tempo non mi capita
Valerie
May 02, 2013 Valerie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Valerie by: Angie
Shelves: 2013, chick-lit
Here's what I loved about this book: the setting and the characters. Florand manged to perfectly capture the French snobbery and arrogance (in a charming way), the beauty of Paris and the French language, the experience of living in a different country and feeling completely overwhelmed and out of place yet at home too. It definitely had me dreaming of taking a long trip to Paris and hitting up some chocolate shops (Florand even includes a list of her favorite shops in Paris at the end of the bo ...more
Holly
Originally published at Book Harbinger.

Corey chocolate heiress Cade Corey knows what she wants. A savvy business woman herself, she’s on a two-fold mission: 1) Find a top chocolatier in Paris who’ll agree to design a premium line of chocolate with her and 2) Leave enough time to see the City of Lights before she has to fly back to the US and the banality of Corey Chocolate. So with her head held high, she heads directly to Sylvain Marquis, the top French chocolatier who regularly sells award-win
Cathy
Hi, my name is Cathy and I'm a chocoholic.

I'm probably also a chocolate snob, much like the homeless guy, and I really enjoyed this! It made me laugh, shake my head (mostly at Cade's wannabe-spy skills) and reach for chocolate, naturally.

I did think the relationship development went incredibly fast, but somehow it bothered me less than it has in other books. Mostly because I believed it, which isn't always the case.

Also, there was this:

"I know people in Bruxelles." He laughed. "Quite a lot of
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Angie
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

When I saw The Chocolate Thief on a list of books to read, I HAD to have it. There are few women who would turn down the chance to read a book about chocolate, romance, and a little bit of mystery.

Oh, yes. A warning, if I may. Do not attempt to read this book on an empty stomach; it will make you very, very hungry!

Sylvain is a sexy Frenchman who has spent the better part of his life perfecting
  • Kiss the Bride (Includes: Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Talking Dirty With the Boss (Talking Dirty, #3)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Truly (New York, #1)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Beyond Repair
  • After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)
  • Dangerous Curves Ahead (Perfect Fit, #1)
  • Within Reach
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
  • Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand, #5)
  • Imperfect Chemistry
  • Geek with the Cat Tattoo
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat #2) The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4) The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #1) The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5) The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)