Start by marking “The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)

The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  2,150 ratings  ·  438 reviews
Paris

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line...

Chocolate

Melting, yielding yet firm, exotic, its secrets are intimately known to Sylvain Marquis. But turn them over to a bra
Published July 31st 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Thief

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Sep 19, 2014 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone who wants a romance to make you smile.
Stacia loses it in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

4.5 stars. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I probably over-gushed in my status updates but I don't care. I still feel like gushing. Let me have this. I don't do it very often.

I've never been a huge fan of most chick flicks but there's something about the feeling that I got while reading The Chocolate Thief which made me want to curl up on my couch and watch the couple from inside this book come to life, while starring in a pretty, magical world on my television. Not
♥Rachel♥
Nov 16, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Keertana
Shelves: audio-book, favorites
4.5 Stars.

Reading (listening to) the The Chocolate Thief was a heady and sensual experience. Laura Florand completely bewitched me with her decadent descriptions of chocolate: making, tasting, and consuming and thoroughly swept me off my feet with a romance to die for. Oh my heart, Sylvain!!

Cade Corey’s family is famous for their Corey Chocolate Bars sold all over the world making her family worth billions. However, it’s been Cade’s dream to make a premium line of chocolate rather than her mass
MelissaB
I am glad I read The Chocolate Touch before this one because I enjoyed it much more and I am not sure this book would have kept me reading the series. The good parts of this book are the lovely Paris setting and all kinds of chocolate in the book. I had trouble connecting with this heroine and her actions and motivations were just somewhat strange. The hero was kind of confusing too, sometimes he was commanding and confident and others he seemed like a boy with low self-esteem. Overall a decent ...more
Keertana
HOLY HOTNESS. I picked up The Chocolate Thief while taking a quick study break, but I didn't set it back down until I had devoured the entire novel. Frankly speaking, I am surprised no one has tried this combination before: chocolate and romance, all set against the backdrop of Paris? What's NOT to love? Although its cover just screams chick-lit, The Chocolate Thief is quite thankfully a little more sensual and deeper than that. While it may lack the depth most readers - including myself - crave ...more
Angie
Apr 23, 2013 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angie by: Chachic
Shelves: good-uns, romance
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

When one of your very good friends wholeheartedly recommends a book or series as one of her favorite contemporary romance series, you pay attention, yes? Which is why I didn't last long before picking up Laura Florand's THE CHOCOLATE THIEF after Chachic brought it to my attention a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I would have discovered Florand otherwise, and I am just really happy that I did because this book is delicious. That cute cover doesn't hurt i
Ana
5 delicious stars

I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I'll be short, but I liked the book so much that I just had to share my love. :-)

Anyway, this book combines two to things that I simply adore:

1. Paris - the city of light

I love Paris, and seeing it through the eyes of the main characters was a true pleasure - Cade, an American, a stranger to the city, and Sylvain, a Frenchman, the way I imagine a true Parisian would be like - arrogant, snobby, but charming. Reading about all the places imagining I was
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
Super cute story high on romance and zero angst!

What's not to like?!

You've got the city of love...

Chocolate...

and Romance...

I loved the chemistry between Cade and Sylvain! It was immediate..they despised each other - sorta :) - and wanted to jump each other at the same time. Sylvain had the secret to the most scrumptious chocolate on earth and Cade wanted it. He wasn't about to give it up.. and she wasn't about to let it go..

I really enjoyed this sweet easy romance.. I love to read books
Chachic
May 05, 2014 Chachic rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Chachic by: Michelle
May 5, 2014 comments: I felt like rereading after I've been to Paris because I wanted to see what it felt like now that I'm more familiar with the setting. The writing is just as good as I remembered and the reading experience is even better because of the little details that I could relate to.

_____________________
March 29, 2013 review:
Originally posted here.

I have to thank my good friend Michelle for introducing me to what has become one of my favorite contemporary romance series. I had a feeli
Joy (joyous reads)
Billionaire heiress, Cade Corey is on a mission to stamp the name of the most prolific chocalatier on their brand. Getting Sylvain Marquis to agree, however, will prove to be a challenge. Negotiations fell apart; bribery only cost her, her self-respect. So when she can't get him to give her the time of day, she resorts to thievery. Awkwardness and so-so chemistry ensue.

Truth be told, I am not a fan of these two. Sylvain instantly gives credence to the stigma that the French people are snobs when
Keertana
I wish Goodreads had a better way to signify the number of times one re-reads a book because, yes, I re-read this again. I felt far too nostalgic about leaving Seoul that I decided I needed Paris and, if it isn't already clear, The Chocolate Thief is my favorite Florand read. It's ideal for a re-read because it's both hilarious and sexy and though Florand does teary-eyed brilliantly, it's the kind of heavy that I can't handle more than once. But this book? I keep picking up on minor details upon ...more
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars I've been told to read this author for years--why did I wait? The chocolate making and eating is to die for--and the chemistry is electric, too.
Alex
The first four to five chapters made me think this book was going to be an utter waste of space, but both characters got significantly less annoying once they started sleeping together. There were still a lot of moments where I wanted to chuck it at a wall for being sexist though.

Also, if you're curious what some of the earlier stuff is like, I've summarized it for you here:

"And then he used his manly sex hands to chop sexy chocolate like sex. The sexy curls of dark chocolate sexily dropped to t
Brie C.
Originally posted here.

Laura Florand is one of those authors whose books I really want to like, but never seem to work for me. Yet I keep buying them and giving her second and third chances. I can see why people like her books, but I’m never fully engaged. The problem is that she has great ideas and a lot of potential, but the execution is not quite there.

The Chocolate Thief is the story of Cade Corey. She’s the heiress of a Hershey's-like chocolate corporation, and she’s very passionate about
Cheyenne
I actually liked this book more than I thought I would but it was silly. I guess I just couldn't buy each character's motivation. He was all 'I'm gonna make her love me through my chocolate' and she was all 'I'm going to break into his shop and be creepy' and then he was like 'she's stealing my stuff, that's so hot' and she was like 'breaking in is so intoxicating, I'm so turned on' and then he was like 'I caught you red-handed, you're mine' and so on and so forth. The sex scenes were pretty hot ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
5 STARS

Finally!

Finally a book where Paris doesn't look or sound like Disneyworld.
Finally an english speaking romance author that gets the French RIGHT!
(I can guarantee there was no use of Google Translate here.)
Finally a book for all chocolate lovers!
Finally a book filled with humor and swooning romance!
Finally a book with a sassy heroine who gets what SHE damn wants!

If I could give a "picky french stamp of approval", I would! Laura Florand is definitely my go to and happy place when in need o
Olga Godim
This book blends Paris, chocolate, and a love story in one delicious package, as sensual and bitter-sweet as only French chocolate can be. The heroine Cade Corey is the heir to an American chocolate empire, something like Mars. The Coreys’ most popular chocolate bars, factory-produced, cost 33 cents at Walmart. You can imagine their quality, but the tradition has persisted for three generations.
The hero Sylvain is the best artisan chocolatier in Paris. His hand-made, gourmet chocolate serves on
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 3 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasta: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

This was an okay read for me. It didn't have any of my triggers but for som
Mandi Schreiner
Cade Corey and her family own Corey Chocolate, the biggest chocolate distributor in the United States. Their chocolate bars sell at Walmart for $.33 and those coins have brought a billion dollars to her family. Always looking for something new, Cade decides she wants Parisian chocolatier, Sylvain Marquis’s name on a new line of their chocolate. Cade thinks it will be the perfect fit for Sylvain and it will bring her company more money. So off to Paris she goes.

What she doesn’t expect is for Sylv
Jane Stewart
2 stars. Story outline was lovely, but I could not enjoy it because I was repeatedly angry at unknown French words.

I am happy reading French as long as the translation is placed immediately after in parentheses. But that did not happen. Every time I saw a French word, my first thought was will it be translated? A few of them were translated a sentence or two later, but 95% were not. It kept taking me out of the story. The French words occurred about every second or third page. I took a college
Amanda

I feels like I'm in heaven while reading this book. The detailed description of chocolate making had me drooling over and those French words had me in constant dreamy sigh. Although most of the time I don't know heck about the meaning, they just sounds so sexy. I do tried to get some translated whenever I had access to the wifi.

"Je t'aime".

description

Our heroine Cade Corey had a rather masculine name that initially I misunderstood as the hero of the book. She is the heiress of the Corey Bars (
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
What a fun read! Trying to think of adjectives to describe it - Delicious, Sensual, Romantic, Seductive, Funny, Beautiful.... I am sure it has a little bit of an advantage if you happen to be a chocolate lover, because you can just almost taste chocolate on nearly every page. It helps if you are romantic at heart too. It also helps if you appreciate an author who can make you want to be wherever the story takes place. I have no interest in ever going to Paris, but I loved being there in this boo ...more
Natalie
3.5 stars!

This was a really cute, solid romance, so sensual because of the chocolate. I LOVED what a desperate romantic Sylvain turned out to be when he started falling hard for Cade, and how the gender roles were sort of reversed in this. It's Cade as the billionaire now, and she is the one that has to make the decision between her billion dollar empire and Sylvain. I didn't LOVE that she gave up her place at Corey, but i guess after a lifetime of taking care of everyone she deserved a break...
Rachel Neumeier
Sylvain Marquis knew what women desired: chocolate. And so he had learned as he grew into adulthood how to master a woman’s desire.

How’s that for an intro? I love it!

Is there really a chocolate thief in this story? Sure.

Christophe stared at [Sylvain]. “Doesn’t that make you happy? A woman thief sneaking into your lair to steal your chocolate? Don’t you want to hide out here overnight to try to catch her en flagrant délit?

Sylvain opened and closed his mouth. Yes. He did. “I think we might be a li
Sonja
4.5 stars for this one.
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS!!! Lots of chocolate, the worst spy/thief in the world, a really great pairing, so very trope-y, great makeouts, awesome side characters. So yeah, based on that alone, I loved it!
(view spoiler)
namericanwordcat
Sep 25, 2013 namericanwordcat rated it 5 of 5 stars
The Chocolate Thief Review The Parisian sorcerer of artisan chocolate, handsome Frenchman Sylvain Marquis, and the American empress of chocolate bars, Cade Corey, play a decadent game of seduction and subterfuge that causes them both to melt with desire.

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line. .
Holly
***WARNING!!!***
This book will leave you eating insane amounts of chocolate! At least, that’s what it did to me. I’m not kidding when I say that half way through, I went to the store to buy chocolate- and not just a bag of Kit Kats and Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cups (although I did get those)- but really good chocolate, like Lindor. And for some of you, Lindor might be equivalent to Arbor Mist wine, but I like Arbor Mist.

Cade Corey is the heir to a chocolate empire, Corey Bars, in the US. A company
Yukino
Libro appena finito.
L'ho trovato, intenso e delizioso. Ho dovuto nascondere il cioccolato a casa perché appena iniziavo a leggere mi veniva una voglia matta di mangiarlo!!!
Ambientazione e personaggi davvero suggestivi e indimenticabili. Il libro gioca appunto sulle diversità dei due paesi e sia Cade che Sylvane sono ben costruiti. Entrambi sono forti e decisi per quanto riguarda il lavoro, ma quando passiamo alla sfera sentimentale ė tutta un'altra cosa..insicuri e pieni di paure e timori.
Mi è
Heather
loooove this series. Do I love this one or the 2nd book (The Chocolate Kiss) more? That's a HARD decision. I think I'll take Phillipe from KISS and the staircase scene from THIEF for the win, please...;)
Aoi
Frothy, sparkling and cute! I was giggling and blushing and going 'awww..' through the book. The chocolate making and tasting is to die for..
T'Lar
Despite my early qualms, hey, I really liked this! There were parts of it I found absolutely dreamy (and a few parts that dragged a bit but, eh, not too bad.)

Het and I haven't been on speaking terms since the nineties or so, largely because I became hyper-aware of power dynamics between the leads. I'd completely root for the female lead while despising the male lead (exception: most beta heroes, who were all too rare,) then almost nothing would satisfy me for the rest of the story. The woman wou
  • Kiss the Bride (Includes: Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • No Place Like Home (Includes: La Vie en Roses, #1.5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • A Bollywood Affair
  • Truly (New York, #1)
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand, #5)
  • Love Overdue
  • Talking Dirty With the Boss (Talking Dirty, #3)
  • Charming The Duke

Amour et Chocolat (7 books)
  • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2) The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4) The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5) The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5) The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)