Start by marking “ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron)” as Want to Read:
ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron #1)

As appealing as the thought of being a Sorcerer-Guardian is to Ajay Samuels, the harmonious existence between all Ageronians and Earthlies leaves little reason for him to put his abilities into practice. Abilities that should set him apart from the rest of his kind due to his status as an Altor; the elite and powerful body of seven succeeding families of the original seven ...more
Paperback, U.K. Glossy Edition, 270 pages
Published February 16th 2012 by L. J. deVet

To ask other readers questions about ALTOR, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ALTOR

Justine (bookwormaniac)
The novel started with a good premise. The prologue was definitely fantastically dark. I loved some parts of the book especially the training; they were a real page-turner.

I had some issues with the consistency of this book. It started great but suddenly went downhill, then became interesting again at the near end.

The characters were great. Specifically, Ajay's Consor, Zaniel. There were a lot of characteristics which he possessed, and humor is unquestionably one of them.

I definitely felt a Harr
Essjay
I enjoyed the premise of this book, it has a unique story and I was delighted that I had the chance to read it.
I had a few qualms about it though, some of the describing for me was a little too in depth, much like something from Charles dickens, paid by word count. I also found it hard to believe that Ajay was as young as he was, I know it's difficult to write a character so young, when you aren't a similar age, but I definitely thought that I was reading something narrated by a 21 year old at l
Megan Cortez
Feb 01, 2014 Megan Cortez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Its been too long since I have stayed up at night because the book remains too good to put down. I would definitely suggest reading The Shadow Rebellion. Especially if you enjoy books like Harry Potter and even the Pendragon series. This book made for a truly enjoyable book!!!
Midnight
Starts off with a prologue about a vision. The main character is Ajay Samuels and he is a guardian sorcerer. Their kind also has pale skin. (They must hate the sun, sunburn ouch!)He has three abilities, telekinesis, premonitions, and envelishment. (I wish I had one ability. Out of these three, I would want telekinesis. It would be so fun to be able to lift things without using hands!) The sorcerer can't use their powers for their personal gains.

Setting: Ageron is their country that all the norma
DJ
One spoiler hidden

Altor: The Shadow Rebellion has a great premise, story and offers a great cast of characters; however, some technical issues made it difficult to read. Let me explain. Most prominent are the repetitive words and phrases that are throughout the story. In some parts, it felt similar to déjà vu, as if I went back a few pages and I am reading the same pages twice. For example, (view spoiler)
Karine
May 20, 2012 Karine rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, the story was very interesting. I will definitely let my 10 year old nephew read it too.
The book picks up at around page 80 or so which was a little disappointing and hard to get into the book. There were unfortunately many sections of the book where the description was lengthy, and could have been skipped. I also found that some scenes tended to repeat themselves without bringing anything new to the story line.
For an authors first novel, I enjoyed it, and will look forward
Paddy O'callaghan
"In the words of the immortal Farookh Bulsara (Freddie Mercury) it's magnifico-o-o-o-o-o-o". One of the top 5 books tha I've read for a year or so. The prose is magnificent, and, although the plot is complew, it's relatively easy to follow. I shall recommend this to everybody that I know. BrILLIANT. get it read,
Jacinto Bowks
Jacinto Bowks rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Jyoti
Jyoti rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Krsz
Krsz rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Curtis Franklin
Curtis Franklin rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Roy Station
Roy Station rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Ellie K
Ellie K rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2014
Sara Prior
Sara Prior rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Wei Jian
Wei Jian rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Anthony
Anthony rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Heather Wallen
Heather Wallen marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Fred Hughes
Fred Hughes marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
L.J. deVet
Mar 23, 2012 L.J. deVet added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Ashley Chen
Ashley Chen marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2012
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
James Nicholas
James Nicholas marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2012
Kazimiera pendrey
Kazimiera pendrey marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Arthur
Arthur marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2012
Nicki Hulse
Nicki Hulse marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2012
Oriana
Oriana marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2012
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Natasha Fenwick
Natasha Fenwick marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Stuart Thom
Stuart Thom marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2012
Alia
Alia marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Devon
Devon marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
  • Boy Who Dreams (Destiny Awoken, #1)
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Peril
  • Aliens Are Real, Part 1 (Energy, #1)
  • Mere Enchantment
  • On Message (Jillian Hillcrest, #1)
  • The Last Great Wizard of Yden (Yden #1)
  • Moonlight Bleu
  • Flux
  • Gyges the Terrible
  • Lords of Dyscrasia
  • Book of My Mother
  • Everything But the Face
  • Awaited (Wasteland, #2)
  • Twined
  • The Kronos Interference
  • Foundling Wizard (Apprentice to Master, #1)
  • Morrigan's Brood (Morrigan's Brood, #1)
L.J. deVet is the author of the children's picture books James and his Boots and Teddy's Christmas Wish, and ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion, a fantasy fiction novel for teens and young adults, also the first book in The Chronicles of Ageron.

Published in 2012, ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron), a fantasy fiction novel for children, teens and young adults, was Louis's debut publica
More about L.J. deVet...