Start by marking “ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron)” as Want to Read:
ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron)
Read Excerpt* *Different edition

ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  8 reviews
As appealing as the thought of being a Sorcerer-Guardian is to Ajay Samuels, the harmonious existence between all Ageronians and Earthlies leaves little reason for him to put his abilities into practice. Abilities that should set him apart from the rest of his kind due to his status as an Altor; the elite and powerful body of seven succeeding families of the original seven ...more
Paperback, U.K. Glossy Edition, 270 pages
Published February 16th 2012 by L. J. deVet

To ask other readers questions about ALTOR, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ALTOR

Justine (bookwormaniac)
The novel started with a good premise. The prologue was definitely fantastically dark. I loved some parts of the book especially the training; they were a real page-turner.

I had some issues with the consistency of this book. It started great but suddenly went downhill, then became interesting again at the near end.

The characters were great. Specifically, Ajay's Consor, Zaniel. There were a lot of characteristics which he possessed, and humor is unquestionably one of them.

I definitely felt a Harr
Midnight
Starts off with a prologue about a vision. The main character is Ajay Samuels and he is a guardian sorcerer. Their kind also has pale skin. (They must hate the sun, sunburn ouch!)He has three abilities, telekinesis, premonitions, and envelishment. (I wish I had one ability. Out of these three, I would want telekinesis. It would be so fun to be able to lift things without using hands!) The sorcerer can't use their powers for their personal gains.

Setting: Ageron is their country that all the norma
Essjay
I enjoyed the premise of this book, it has a unique story and I was delighted that I had the chance to read it.
I had a few qualms about it though, some of the describing for me was a little too in depth, much like something from Charles dickens, paid by word count. I also found it hard to believe that Ajay was as young as he was, I know it's difficult to write a character so young, when you aren't a similar age, but I definitely thought that I was reading something narrated by a 21 year old at l
Megan Cortez
Its been too long since I have stayed up at night because the book remains too good to put down. I would definitely suggest reading The Shadow Rebellion. Especially if you enjoy books like Harry Potter and even the Pendragon series. This book made for a truly enjoyable book!!!
DJ
One spoiler hidden

Altor: The Shadow Rebellion has a great premise, story and offers a great cast of characters; however, some technical issues made it difficult to read. Let me explain. Most prominent are the repetitive words and phrases that are throughout the story. In some parts, it felt similar to déjà vu, as if I went back a few pages and I am reading the same pages twice. For example, (view spoiler)
Midnight

Setting: Ageron is their country that all the norma
Karine
I enjoyed this book, the story was very interesting. I will definitely let my 10 year old nephew read it too.
The book picks up at around page 80 or so which was a little disappointing and hard to get into the book. There were unfortunately many sections of the book where the description was lengthy, and could have been skipped. I also found that some scenes tended to repeat themselves without bringing anything new to the story line.
For an authors first novel, I enjoyed it, and will look forward
Paddy O'callaghan
"In the words of the immortal Farookh Bulsara (Freddie Mercury) it's magnifico-o-o-o-o-o-o". One of the top 5 books tha I've read for a year or so. The prose is magnificent, and, although the plot is complew, it's relatively easy to follow. I shall recommend this to everybody that I know. BrILLIANT. get it read,
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Josiah Gallardo
Josiah Gallardo marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Amanda Hitchen
Amanda Hitchen marked it as to-read
Kathi  Spencer
Kathi Spencer marked it as to-read
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Lumos
Lumos marked it as to-read
Anyssa Grayer
Anyssa Grayer marked it as to-read
Velma Greene
Velma Greene marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Genaro
Genaro marked it as to-read
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
Maria-Augustina Recla
Maria-Augustina Recla marked it as to-read
Sabrina Wilson
Sabrina Wilson marked it as to-read
Charmian Filewood
Charmian Filewood marked it as to-read
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Delilah
Delilah marked it as to-read
Kaitie
Kaitie marked it as to-read
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Maureen Morra
Maureen Morra marked it as to-read
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Boy Who Dreams (Destiny Awoken, #1)
  • Lords of Dyscrasia
  • Flux
  • Aliens Are Real, Part 1 (Energy, #1)
  • On Message (Jillian Hillcrest, #1)
  • Upload
  • Peril
  • The Kronos Interference
  • Things We Left Unsaid
  • Moonlight Bleu
  • Exiled (The Never Chronicles, #1)
  • The Whisper Jar
  • The Tower's Alchemist (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #1)
  • Mere Enchantment
  • Morrigan's Brood (Morrigan's Brood, #1)
  • The Sky Conducting
  • Gyges the Terrible
L. J. deVet is the author of Teddy's Christmas Wish, a children's Christmas picture book, and ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion, a fantasy fiction novel for teens and young adults, also the first book in The Chronicles of Ageron.

Writing has always been an innate quality of L. J. deVet. All his life, he has been at the receiving end of comments such as "you have a way with words" and "you write beautiful
More about L.J. deVet...