Thrones of Desire: Erotic Tales of Swords, Mist and Fire

Thrones of Desire: Erotic Tales of Swords, Mist and Fire

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Thrones of Desire is a place where lust and legend abound, and adventure, passion and danger entwine. Think mystical lands and creatures, kings and queens, knights and renegades, heroes and villains, warlords, maidens and princesses. Think battles and danger, honor and dishonor, good and evil. Most of all, think hearts filled with passion and secret desire. This is a place...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Cleis Press (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thrones of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrones of Desire

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The Best Paranormal/Fantasy/Sci-Fi Books
468th out of 1,374 books — 2,076 voters
Wuthering Nights by I.J. MillerStory of O by Pauline RéageStory of the Eye by Georges BatailleDelta of Venus by Anaïs NinLolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Best Literary Erotica
28th out of 49 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Twigs1704

See my review here: http://www.bittenbyparanormalromance....

Another great compilation of various authors writing fantasy erotica. Lots of dragons..and I love dragons! I know a lot of people get frustrated with shorts but these are very well written. Although it's not long enough to develop any connections with characters, they are great, short reads. There were a few that I would like to see extended into a novel or at least a longer novella.
Jennyh
This book has an interesting premise. It’s erotica, but very different to what you’d usually expect from the genre. In his introduction to the book, Piers Anthony talks about breaking down the traditional publishing barriers which neatly categorised erotica into “for men” and “for women,” with no mixing allowed. He explains that the book will merge erotica and the traditional fantasy genre. The book combines knights and dragons, legends and fairy-tales with well-written and frequent sex.
Not bei...more
Niina
Fantastic anthology of erotic stories, it's as good as the blurb promises and just as hot as it sounds! Thrones of Desire is every fantasy geek's wet day dream! The Foreword by Piers Anthony sets the mood perfectly you feel like shouting hooray to the fact that we can now write it as raunchy as we like it and not be ashamed of some male parts touching other female parts. ;)

And now comes the horrible part of trying to describe each story with one or two sentences so that the review won't be god a...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Vicki

The initial questions I need to ask myself after reading sexy books are: A) Do I need a cold shower? And B) Will this fire-engine red blush ever go away? In the case of Thrones of Desire; I believe I shall be spending the next week in my freezer and buying a thick pale ivory foundation from this day forth.

The title of this book, and perhaps even the conception itself, is something that has most likely been born from the kinky corners of the Game of Thrones/A S...more
Marlene
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc.

The thing about short story collections is that some members of the set are going to be absolutely fantastic, and some are going to be, in a word, "meh". It's the nature of the beast.

But what about this collection?

There were two stories that stuck in my mind afterwards, that definitely lived up to the promise of being both dark fantasy and erotic sexuality intermingled. Kim Knox's At the Sorcerer's Command and Ashley Lister's Here There Be Dragons. In both...more
M.C. Hana
As a contributor, I was reluctant to review this book, but the quality and range of the other stories impressed me, from dreamlike literary fiction to G.R.R.M. and Joe Abercrombie-style gritty fantasy. As with any anthology, not every story resonated with me. I wished some could have been expanded into novellas or novels, but I know there's only so much a writer can do with 3K to 5K of space per story. I'm proud to be a part of the collaboration.
John W
Thrones of Desire is a collection of short stories that try to meld erotica and fantasy, inspired by HBO's Game of Thrones (as opposed to Martin's novels, which lets face it don't contain as much sex as people seem to think) unfortunately for me there's not enough of either fantasy or erotica. Each story feels like its part of bigger story instead of a self contained story. The book contains:

Foreword: Piers Anthony

Hot As A Dragon's Blood - Eric Del Carlo
Of High Renown - Janine Ashbless
At The Sor...more
Delilah Night
This is erotica for the fantasy fan. Dragons, knights, princesses...all present. Well written sex? Also present. A forward by Piers Anthony (a well known fantasy author, who-if you've ever read his work-has wanted to write erotic scenes in his work for decades) where he celebrates the rise of e-publishing and the shattering of the explicit sex taboos that had long dominated fantasy publishing kicks off the anthology. I liked "In the Kingdom of Roz" by Madeline Moore as I love a sexy tale with a...more
Crystal
Let me just say that if you love erotica this is your book to read. This book has really got it going on and I loved it.

If you love things to do with magic and paranormal then read this book!!
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
A woman holds out hope that her culture’s discrimination against female dragon masters will not keep her from the coming battle.

The warrior must set aside his distaste for feminine lovers in order to give another the chance to take his dragon into battle and fulfill her dreams.

Mr. Del Carlo’s story of lovers enjoying each other despite personal and cultural preferences is painted against a backdrop of dragons and mystery.

Of High Renown

A woman cares for a wounded knight, falling deeply in love a...more
Karen
Thrones of Desire is a fantasy erotic book that contains 14 short stories from various authors. I am a big fan of romantic chivalry. Anytime you can throw a knight in front of a dragon for the love of a woman, you have my undivided attention! There are a few fighting heroins in this book as well. The woman in these stories are as strong as their male counterparts. The stories are complete with adventure, myths, legends, and swords. The characters are full of lust for life and love.

Thrones of Des...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: krissygirl
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romance After Dark, a Romancing the Book site

When I first saw the cover of the book I knew that I was in for a real treat.
If you love short erotic tales then this is the book for you. In a way all the stories go together and in a way they don’t. You will have to read the book to completely understand where I am coming from.
I enjoyed reading each and every story. Some I understood and some I didn’t. Almost every one got...more
Chasity
I really enjoyed this anthology; it has a great selection of erotic short stories which I found to be rather tantalizing. I have always enjoyed stories about dragons and lords and ladies but they have to be told right in order for me to read them and keep my interest. I have to say I am rather picky when it comes to this genre.

This compilation however kept my interest throughout the whole thing. I liked that the stories were short and to the point but yet they told a complete story. There were...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Swords, magic and dragons entwined with erotica sex, what could be better for a fantasy lover? Perhaps a story with a beginning, middle and end would help. Collections are sometimes really good with stories to lure the reader in and find new authors. Generally with erotic fantasies written by romance writers, the readers is satisfied with smexy hot sex scenes and a lot of romance. The sci-fi fantasy part of it is very light. If a science fiction writer delves into this genre, the reader is trea...more
Meg
Thrones of Desire
OR
Is That Even Legal In This Fantasy Country?
Wow That Is a Flexible Dragon
OR
Is That a Wand In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
I Could Probably Keep Making Puns Forever I'll Stop Now

Delivers exactly as advertised. Fantasy short stories with a lot of sex. I give it total props, though, that these stories have plot AND smut. And they aren't even all romantic stories for all that they feature some pretty X rated moments. Sometimes, though, I felt like the explicit se...more
Danielle
This book was just ok for me. I was excited by the cover and the blurb but when I read the book I was slightly disappointed. I was expecting longer stories with a little substance. What you get with this book is a bunch of very short stories of sex scenes. I have to say some of them were very good and made me wish that the story would not end so suddenly. But some of the stories just weren't doing it for me they were just sex and at times not very good sex at that.

Having said that I think this...more
Hannah
honestly i wasn't all that impressed with these stories
At the sorcerers command by Kim Knox was my favorite ive never read anything by her before and im going to find some more of her work. Her story was well round with good characters,interesting world of magic and intensely erotic love between Varun and Miar.
the other stories i found confusing because they were in short story form and they had try to cram to much information in a as few as 12pages perhaps if written as a novel the stories woul...more
Gavin Gates
Sword and sorcery erotica, I’ll be honest here, I didn’t know that it was a genre of writing. I did expect it to be just basic smut with the odd mention of a guy built like Conan hearing the lamentation of the women but in all honesty, I was pleasantly surprised. The shorts all individually were of varying quality but never bad. There was lots of dragons mentioned, and I am always sold on anything involving dragons, but for what I was expecting to be a bit of a dressed up Sunday sport affair, I...more
Nancy
Thrones of Desire is a compilation of novellas – 14 in all – with their plots loosely based on swords, thrones, lords and ladies, etc. The 14 stories may titillate a bit but, to me, they all seemed to stop suddenly. Wham, Bam…well, you know.
“The Widow’s Man” by Nyla Nox was a fair tale, I like the way it was written, the characters seemed real, although the end was a bit off-putting. The rest of the stories were all right.
Overall, I felt a disappointment because I kept reading through each tale...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

Smart, funny, passionate, and imaginative it’s a miniseries tied together by a common time and unique plots. I recommend this for those folks who want to get lost in the past without the bits that make you squeamish rearing their ugly heads.

Thrones of Desire brings sexy back to a time that doesn’t normally inspire panty dropping.
Mia Darien
Short stories are always hit or miss for me, which is pretty much how I felt about this book. Some of the stories I liked, and some I didn't. Unfortunately, I think there were more for me that just didn't quite do it than did, but over all, easy reading and not entirely unenjoyable.
Kaila
Nov 30, 2013 Kaila marked it as to-read
The words "You see any other erotica with dragons in it, you be sure to let me know," were definitely said after finding this book.

I wish I were joking.
Periklis
Apr 27, 2013 Periklis marked it as to-read
I'm really curious as to how this book exploits the Game of Thrones "madness". Apart from using the same fonts on its cover...
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Fenriz Angelo
Fenriz Angelo marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Patti Ashley
Patti Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Amh
Amh is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add to my Books 5 152 Sep 05, 2012 09:10PM
Mitzi Szereto (http://mitziszereto.com) is an author and anthology editor of multi-genre fiction and non-fiction, has her own blog “Errant Ramblings: Mitzi Szereto’s Weblog” (http://mitziszereto.com/blog), and is creator/presenter of the Web TV channel “Mitzi TV” (http://mitziszereto.com/tv), which covers “quirky” London.

Her books include DARKER EDGE OF DESIRE: GOTHIC TALES OF ROMANCE; THE WILDE...more
More about Mitzi Szereto...
Red Velvet and Absinthe Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray: A Novel