Start by marking “Spirits of New Orleans: Voodoo Curses, Vampire Legends and Cities of the Dead” as Want to Read:
Spirits of New Orleans: Voodoo Curses, Vampire Legends and Cities of the Dead

Spirits of New Orleans: Voodoo Curses, Vampire Legends and Cities of the Dead

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The city of New Orleans is formed into the shape of a crescent, which is believed by many people to form a sacred chalice which holds and stores energy making it one of the most unique areas in the world in which to perform magic and to see it magnify due to the energy in the land and from the flowing waters of the Mississippi and Gulf of Mexico.

Since childhood, Kala Ambro
Published September 11th 2012 by Clerisy Press

To ask other readers questions about Spirits of New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirits of New Orleans

Vera Marie
I would have rated this book more highly if the production values were better. The book is printed on cheap paper and the black and white photographs are so muddy as to be almost impossible to see. That said, the book itself is a surprisingly good guide to New Orleans, with special benefits for mediums and ghost hunters, but solid information for others as well.

Read this guide book to New Orleans, when you’re in a Halloween mood. In Spirits of New Orleans , your guide to all things spooky and
Cheryl
Disclaimer first - I received this book free as part of a goodreads giveaway.

Over all, I found this to be a well written, easy to read, interesting book. I felt very much like I was tagging along being shown the sights of a place I've never been before. I had some mixed feelings about her input when talking about the sightings from her personal standpoint, but got over that quickly. It is what she does, so in reality, getting her personal take on a haunting fits. There wasn't a single place she
Regan
Kala, thank you for such an fun and entertaining book! If I ever make it to New Orleans (as I have planned in my life sometime, I want to look you up and have you be my real life tour guide. As a paranormal investigator, I found this book to be a great guide in and around the dark sides of New Orleans.

This book is filled with so much; ghosts, death, and voodoo. it was a great road map of solid information for someone who's into taking dark tours or investigates the unknown. The book is well wri
Jessica Sargent
This kind of reading is my favorite! The stories were great, I'm thinking of planning a trip to visit New Orleans using the book to map out where to stay and where to visit. I can say how much I loved it!
Gerald
Weaving historical facts about New Orleans, stories from others about their ghostly experiences, along with her own personal experiences, Spirits of New Orleans is a fascinating book that will go a long way to enriching my next visit to this famously spiritual city.
Susan Gualtier
This is by far the best researched and most interesting book I have read on haunted New Orleans! Kala does a great job of blending the local legends with actual historical research, as well as sharing stories of her own personal encounters with ghosts and vampires in different parts of the city. I particularly enjoyed the chapters on the LaLaurie house, Congo Square, and the Ursuline Convent vampires, all of which contained information that I had not read elsewhere. Kala also includes her own tr ...more
Beth
As a fan of true paranormal accounts, and a fan of any stories, fiction or non-fiction, that take place in New Orleans, I simply had to read this book. I am so glad that I did! Even if the writer was not a sensitive and able to see spirits, this would still have been a fascinating account of the hauntings in New Orleans. However, her own personal insight from a sensitive's perspective adds to the book immensely. This is not yet another repetition of the hundreds of other books out there about ha ...more
Kristen
I discovered this book at a book fair, where the author was attending. The book was on display but not being sold at the event. It was well-worth the effort of tracking down and purchasing!

This is much more than simply a collection of ghost stories about one of the most haunted cities in the U.S. It is also combination love-letter from a person who was raised in the city, and a wonderfully detailed and organized trip planner for anyone wishing to visit New Orleans with a "ghost-hunting" focus.

Dianne Landry
New Orleans is high on my bucket list and this book can be used as a travel guide. It also tells some really interesting stories of the haunted places throughout the city. I learned things I had never known about how slaves were treated differently there than in the rest of the USA. Except for the author's encounter with a vampire (really?) I found the book lots of fun.
Beth
I downloaded this right before my fourth trip to New Orleans and had a great time reading it during and after my return. Kala Ambrose takes the reader on a journey through NOLA, exploring historical facts, legends, paranormal stories and current sights. She writes in a fun, light hearted tone, and I love her sense of humor.
Jacque Borowski
This is good as a travel guide, but not as a ghost book. I wanted to hear more ghost stories and less about the author's personal thoughts.
Joann
I really liked the stories and history behind those places in New Orleans. It makes me look forward to my next trip to Louisiana.
Terri-Maree
Quite interesting, not exactly what I expected. Very entertaining but could benefit from being better edited.
Stephanie Storey
Stephanie Storey marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Bianca
Bianca added it
Jun 22, 2015
F
F marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Basmah Fayaz
Basmah Fayaz marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Courtney Denning
Courtney Denning marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Brittany M
Brittany M is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Visiting with the Spirits of New Orleans 1 5 Sep 08, 2012 10:31AM
  • Such Stuff as Dreams: The Psychology of Fiction
  • The Moon Rises (Gigi Monroe, #1)
  • The Secret King: The Myth and Reality of Nazi Occultism
  • Civil War Curiosities: Strange Stories, Oddities, Events, and Coincidences
  • Masters of Mystery: The Strange Friendship of Arthur Conan Doyle and Harry Houdini
  • A History of Ghosts: The True Story of Séances, Mediums, Ghosts, and Ghostbusters
  • 2150 A.D.
  • Great Fortune: The Epic of Rockefeller Center
  • Romanticism (Introducing)
  • The Truth About Psychics: What's Real, What's Not, and How to Tell the Difference
  • Madame Blavatsky: The Mother of Modern Spirituality
  • Trainland
  • Twilight at the World of Tomorrow : Genius, Madness, Murder, and the 1939 World's Fair on the Brink of  War
  • Farewell, Fred Voodoo: A Letter from Haiti
  • Introducing Modernism
  • Five Faces of Modernity
  • Secrets of the Civil War
  • Virtual Reality: The Revolutionary Technology of Computer-Generated Artificial Worlds-And How It Promises to Transform Society
Award winning author, national columnist, inspirational speaker, and host of the Explore Your Spirit with Kala Radio and TV Show, Kala Ambrose's teachings are described as discerning, empowering and inspiring. Whether she’s speaking with world-renowned experts on the Explore Your Spirit with Kala Show, writing about empowering lifestyle choices, reporting on new discoveries in the scientific and s ...more
More about Kala Ambrose...
The Awakened Aura: Experiencing the Evolution of Your Energy Body Ghosthunting North Carolina 9 Life Altering Lessons: Secrets of the Mystery Schools Unveiled The Awakened Aura