Start by marking “Sabertooths and the Ice Age (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #12)” as Want to Read:
Sabertooths and the Ice Age (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #12)

Sabertooths and the Ice Age (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #12)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #7: Sunset of the Sabertooth,they had lots of questions. What was it like to live in the Ice Age? How did early humans stay warm enough to survive? Who made the first cave paintings? What happene
Published April 25th 2012 by Random House Children's Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sabertooths and the Ice Age, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sabertooths and the Ice Age

I think these books are sort of stupid, but the kids love them. It has an undeniably exciting premise, a magical tree house and the ability to be transported to any world inside a book. This time the kids travel to the ice age, where they learn things like people captured animals in traps. They think this sounds barbaric compared to modern day, where we find our food in the grocery store. Because, you know, animals just willingly walk into the meat aisle and aren't farmed or anything. That said, ...more
Emily
I am very amazaed about how many facts there aer on the Ice Age. There are many facts about Neanderthals, Homo sapiens, Cro-Magnons, cave art, saber-toothed cats, mammoths, wolly rhinos, giant ground sloths, cave lions, cave bears, glyptodonts, giant beaver, dire wolf, and western camels. I really enjoyed learning about the ice age. In fact I liked this book so much that I asked my mom if I could do a report on the ice age. She said maybe. It took me a few days to read this book because each cha ...more
Twyla
Elisabeth
Fantastic! After reading the Magic Treehouse story this goes with, my 5yo and I sat down to read this book. The stuff at the beginning of the book was too dry for him, so we bounced around the book finding parts he was more interested in. He was absolutely enthralled learning about all the different animals in the ice age, and the people, and how they lived. There was plenty in there to keep me interested too. I may just crack it back open to read the parts we skipped. Haha!
Mr
The main idea is that Jack and Annie is that they are telling info about the ice age. For example I read that Cave bears live in caves. Also cave bears were 10 feet tall. A german man found a cave that had 310 bear's teeth from the past.

From:Alfredo Rivera P1 Sep.26,2008
P.S Thanks for helping me
Mollymcg
Read aloud to my 5 YO and 3 YO, and it's the first chapter book that the younger one sat through. In fact, she keeps asking us to read it again. The older one has been playing ice age and informing his friends about the facts, which he learned from this book.
Kristine Pratt
While I might not agree with everything presented, I do like how the details of the ice age are given. Again an interesting approach, very engaging with lots of illustrations. Always good to read something from a differing point of view as well.
A.K. Klemm
The Magic Tree House books with their research guide companions are such great learning tools! Join us on our own Magic Tree House Adventures! http://anakalianwhims.wordpress.com/t...
BigBrother
sabertooths th and the ice age is very good people in the ice age used spears to hunt animals sabertooth canine teeth were shaped like sabrs
Blaine Nielsen
this book has alt of ifrmasin a bout the ice age and the anmols that live at that time and a bout the peaple that live ther to it told wat they did and staf
Lisa
Sep 09, 2007 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 8 to 10
Shelves: childhood
I am forever grateful to the author, she single-handedly got my son reading! I would recommend this to any reluctant reader.
Emma
My 5 year old is totally obsessed with the Magic Treehouse Audio CD's, he can't get enough of them!
Steve
I really like lrning about the Anmales and the peolpe that lived dring the Ice Age.
Theresa
how they found the information about the animals and people of the last ice age
Gray
This teaches you about sabertooths who have sharp fangs.
Tracy
boys, especially, will enjoy this adventure
Emma S
I remember that this was interesting also.
Payton
Animals got stuck in asphalt and died there.
Sydney
for 30,000 years animals got stuck in asphalt
Kayla
I read this series in elementary school
Cayden
it's an ok book:_
PWRL
Jan 20, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Steven Rinaldi
Steven Rinaldi marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jenny Young
Jenny Young marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
vanessa summers
vanessa summers marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • The Class Election from the Black Lagoon
  • Who Was King Tut?
  • The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing
  • The Lego Ideas Book: Unlock Your Imagination
  • Prehistoric Creatures (Manorama: Tell Me Why # 44)
  • Who Was Annie Oakley?
  • Temple of Terror (Fighting Fantasy, #14)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
  • Appointment with F.E.A.R. (Fighting Fantasy, #17)
  • Who Was Harriet Tubman?
  • Moving Toward Balance: 8 Weeks of Yoga with Rodney Yee
  • The Self-Healing Cookbook:  Whole Foods To Balance Body, Mind and Moods
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Truth vs. Falsehood: How to Tell the Difference
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)