Start by marking “Fable: Edge of the World” as Want to Read:
Fable: Edge of the World

Fable: Edge of the World

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The official prequel novel to the Xbox 360 videogame, Fable:™ The Journey

It’s been almost a decade since the events of Fable 3, when the Hero vanquished the threat across the sea and claimed his throne. As king he led Albion to an era of unprecedented peace and prosperity. But on the night of his wedding to his new queen, ominous word arrives: The darkness has returned.
Published August 21st 2012 by Del Rey (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fable

Lyra Jones
an alright book, mildly interesting characters and good characterization of characters from the games.
However, I at first was skeptical about reading because of my own canon from the games, I'm somebody who plays games like Fable hoping they won't give us any semblance of a canon story- simply because its a game that lets us choose our own.
However, I picked up this book out of love for the games, and found that I didn't think it was that bad.

Admittedly I was bothered by how straight forward it
Nathaniel Patterson
I only rated this book three stars because there is a loose end that is not concluded at the end of the book. Everything else kept with the Fable storyline successfully and was, in fact, a very exciting and engaging story.
Gavin Gates
The first thing that struck me when looking at this novel and reading the notes on the back of the cover was how small it was for something with such a big plot, and this did hold up while reading, it did seem as if there should have been a lot more pages contained as the jumps from one thing to the next did at times leave a lot to be desired. In fairness though, I know this is a novel based around the story of an xbox game series and me being very technically not with it, I did expect none of i ...more
LAWonder10
The beginning of this book was quite confusing. It did not give a solid "lead" into the actual story. It took me reading it a few times too just ignore the first few pages and continue reading. It isn't until the very end it somewhat connects. As I continued to read, the plot began taking form. It continued to improve as I got deeper into the actual story.

There were several key characters but primarily King of Albion; his new queen, Laylah;" the royal dog", Rex; the king's loyal subjects, Page,
Kat (idangerous)
Won from First reads giveaway on GoodReads.

I've never played any of the Fable games, so I was a little skeptical about reading this. But overall it was a okay book the characters and plot were easy to follow. The jumping around made it a little hard to follow at times though.
Ben
Could've been better. She toyed with the canon of the Fable universe so much, but I respect her for that, because it is a daring move.
Josh Mesa-gonzalez
Lizzy Lessard
Won in a giveaway. Full review to come. Very hard to get into this book despite my love for the game.
Lynne
Aug 02, 2012 Lynne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
Terry Carr
I love Christie Golden's writing, but this one didn't do it for me.
Karyn
Karyn marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Christopher Daly
Christopher Daly marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Deena
Deena marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Ren Caballero
Ren Caballero marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Vixtrolla
Vixtrolla marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Bex
Bex marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
James Edwards
James Edwards marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Pandora Suss
Pandora Suss marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
James Kiely
James Kiely marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Kosmo
Kosmo marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
  • Fable: Blood Ties
  • Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 4
  • Starcraft: Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost Series #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Borderlands: The Fallen
  • Darksiders: The Abomination Vault
  • God of War
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Dragon Age, Volume 1
  • Rage
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • Le Chevalier d'Eon 1
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard #3
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...
Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #2) Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft #6) Allies (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #5) Rise of the Horde (World of WarCraft, #2) Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)