Start by marking “Fable: Edge of the World” as Want to Read:
Fable: Edge of the World

Fable: Edge of the World (Fable #3)

The official prequel novel to the Xbox 360 videogame, Fable:™ The Journey

It’s been almost a decade since the events of Fable 3, when the Hero vanquished the threat across the sea and claimed his throne. As king he led Albion to an era of unprecedented peace and prosperity. But on the night of his wedding to his new queen, ominous word arrives: The darkness has returned.
Published August 21st 2012 by Del Rey (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fable

Michelle K
Mar 15, 2013 Michelle K rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one. It's a trainwreck.
My first completed novel of 2015 (ie. not manga), and what a stinker!

Being a lover of Fable I ~ III (a series of XBOX fantasy-rpg video games) and fantasy novels, I was all set to adore this book. Alas, it was not meant to be.

This book just crushes everything Fable III was about. The Darkness that was crushed in that game is back and as strong as ever. How, no one knows. So the sacrifices made in the previous battle counted for nothing.

One complaint that other reviewers have addressed is that in
Chloe Brown
Jan 01, 2016 Chloe Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Nate Patterson
I only rated this book three stars because there is a loose end that is not concluded at the end of the book. Everything else kept with the Fable storyline successfully and was, in fact, a very exciting and engaging story.
Josie Ellerman
LAWonder10
Aug 22, 2013 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of this book was quite confusing. It did not give a solid "lead" into the actual story. It took me reading it a few times too just ignore the first few pages and continue reading. It isn't until the very end it somewhat connects. As I continued to read, the plot began taking form. It continued to improve as I got deeper into the actual story.

There were several key characters but primarily King of Albion; his new queen, Laylah;" the royal dog", Rex; the king's loyal subjects, Page,
Gavin Gates
The first thing that struck me when looking at this novel and reading the notes on the back of the cover was how small it was for something with such a big plot, and this did hold up while reading, it did seem as if there should have been a lot more pages contained as the jumps from one thing to the next did at times leave a lot to be desired. In fairness though, I know this is a novel based around the story of an xbox game series and me being very technically not with it, I did expect none of i ...more
Kat (idangerous)
Won from First reads giveaway on GoodReads.

I've never played any of the Fable games, so I was a little skeptical about reading this. But overall it was a okay book the characters and plot were easy to follow. The jumping around made it a little hard to follow at times though.
Lizzy Lessard
Aug 20, 2012 Lizzy Lessard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Won in a giveaway. Full review to come. Very hard to get into this book despite my love for the game.
Josh Mesa-gonzalez
erinthedreamer
Aug 10, 2012 erinthedreamer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hated this book. It's nothing like the first two and just them trying to get people to buy the crap Kinect game they made. So disappointed. No resolution at all, just a giant cliffhanger.
Patricia Schwerman
Decent fantasy

Common other world fantasy with the usual suspects. Plot development is good, lacks surprises, but moves along well for this tale.
Otiosity
Otiosity rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2014
Hamster126
Hamster126 rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Emmy
Emmy rated it really liked it
May 24, 2014
Janice Lind
Janice Lind rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Charlene
Charlene rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Raulisaacalfarocaro
Raulisaacalfarocaro rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Jack
Jack rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Ian Ainslie
Ian Ainslie rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2016
Eliza
Eliza rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
David Crawford
David Crawford rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Amy J
Amy J rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Ty Fletcher
Ty Fletcher rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Jocelyn Sanchez
Jocelyn Sanchez rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Fable: Blood Ties
  • Borderlands: Unconquered
  • Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost, #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Darksiders: The Abomination Vault
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Waterborne (Seaborne, #3)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • God of War
  • Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Volume 1
  • Aldo's Fantastical Movie Palace
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Lust Have Recipes, Aphrodisiac Cookbook
  • Rage
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Dragon Age, Volume 1
  • Travel Unscripted
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

Fable (3 books)