Start by marking “The Rose of Sarifal” as Want to Read:
The Rose of Sarifal

The Rose of Sarifal (Forgotten Realms)

2.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Cloaked in mist and layered in magic, the denizens of Moonshae Isles move in secret
circles as capricious rulers vie for power.

High Lady Ordalf wanted her niece, the princess known as the Rose of Sarifal, dead. Instead, the young regent was secreted away by the high lady’s opponents. For years the eladrin queen of Gwynneth Isle has searched for evidence of her niece’s death
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Wizards of the Coast (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Rose of Sarifal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rose of Sarifal

Artemas
Ugh. This was quite possibly the worst Realms book I've ever read. Well I gave up just a few chapters in, but by that point I was positive that it wasn't for me.

Bad writing + bad editing + the author's complete lack of being able to generate nostalgia for returning to the beloved Moonshae Isles = utter crap
Stefan
May 21, 2012 Stefan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was anxiously awaiting the release of The Rose of Sarifal because it was set in my favorite place in the Realms, the Moonshea Isles. The Moonshea Trilogy by Douglas Niles (Darkwalker on Moonshea, Black Wizards, and Darkwell) was the one of the first series written in the Forgotten Realms. Longtime realms readers will recognize names and places from the previous series but will see that some things do not stand the test of time.

Ms. Claiborne gave a unique voice to the realms with The Rose of Sa
Matthew
Oct 31, 2012 Matthew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’re looking for a D&D/Forgotten Realms novel that is truly different, this is the one for you. Rose of Sarifal is unlike any Realms novel I’ve read before, and probably unlike anything else Wizards of the Coast will publish. The author brings a unique voice to the prose and with it comes a much more lyric story that reminds me more of a dark fairytale than a sword & sorcery novel.

Many readers (myself included) won’t have read the original Forgotten Realms trilogy by Douglas Nile th
Repsaj Miehnesor
This book is off the hook. Dude it's ssssssssooooooooo good. I read this shit in one sitting. I am personally friends with Paulina she's a crazy bitch but I love her and her amazing writing
Robert
Mar 30, 2014 Robert rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer-If you read the review and feel there is a spoiler in it, please let me know and I will remove that section. Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

The Rose of the Sarifal is a stand-alone novel by Paulina Claiborne. The story takes place in the Moonshae Isles which were made popular by Douglas Niles in the late 1980s with the Moonshae Trilogy. While it was nice to look forward to returning to one of my favorite areas in the Forgotten Realms, this book just
Matthew
Jul 19, 2014 Matthew rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, I only got to the end of the second chapter before I ditched this, it's so badly written... what do I mean by 'badly written'? The constant grating against my conciousness of 'that's not the word you mean', 'that's badly phrased', 'this scene is poorly presented', 'this character's actions make no sense', 'this is ridiculous'... in other words, it was almost total gibberish.
Marcio
Marcio marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Chris Janson
Chris Janson marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Will Seith
Will Seith marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Mark Wilson
Mark Wilson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
A.J. Bauers
A.J. Bauers marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Paloma Kinley
Paloma Kinley rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Anthony Adam
Anthony Adam marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Ahmed H. Mansour
Ahmed H. Mansour marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
MWesley
MWesley rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 18, 2015
Heri
Heri marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Monta Docks
Monta Docks rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Ashley Wills
Ashley Wills rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2015
Reokue
Reokue marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Craig
Craig added it
Jun 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Forgotten Realms (1 - 10 of 284 books)
  • Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1)
  • Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • Streams of Silver (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #5)
  • The Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #6)
  • The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)
  • Starless Night (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #8)
  • Siege of Darkness (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #9)
  • Passage to Dawn (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #10)