Start by marking “Gold (Bandia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gold (Bandia, #2)

Gold (Bandia #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  441 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Descended from an Irish demigod, Brianna has fled to Ireland to escape destruction at the hands of her sworn enemies, the Sons of Killian. Taking refuge at the estate of her former nemesis, Austin Montgomery, Brianna discovers a rift in time that opens to an era before the feud began.

Wrestling with her newfound feelings for the more innocent Austin, Brianna begins to wonde
Published September 8th 2013 by Flux (first published September 1st 2013)

Rachel
This story was an amazing follow-up. Utterly gut-wrenching. Totally surprising. And with an absolutely killer ending. Will definitely be reading this one again and again. Loved it even more than SILVER. If I were to review this on the blog it would get my off-the-menu rating of 6 stars.

I do plan on reviewing this book when I read the finished copy when it releases next fall.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Oh sweet dear gods! I beta'd this for Talia and it was everything I had hoped for and MOAR!!!!! Gold was beautiful and heartbreaking and I loved every minute of it!!!!!!
Jennifer McCoy, YA Sisterhood
I was lucky enough to read this in manuscript form, and it was even better than Silver!

I can't wait for the finished copy to be released!!!!
Heather
Please someone tell me there is a Platinum in the works, please!! I was just okay with Silver. The mythology of the bandia is hard to follow, the relationship between Brianna and Blake even harder. I never really understood it in Silver. It just never seemed to make sense. It didn't feel right and it was just too hard. They didn't even seem like they liked each other. Now, sexually, yeah, they were hot. But otherwise, meh. So I wanted to see where this novel went. I mean, IRELAND. I'll read abou ...more
A.

It's quite hard to express how impressed I was with Gold. I have a vague memory of reading Silver a while back and I don't recall being as invested in it as I was in this one. It's rare that a sequel surpasses the first in a series, but it's easy to say that Vance succeeded with Gold.

The book starts off with Brianna on her way to Lorcan Hall, Ireland. Events occurring between the first and second book led to Brianna's exile in Ireland, which also led to the end of her relationship with Blake.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This series is completely captivating, from the deliciously dark and dangerous character to the ever twisting and changing plot, it is completely addicting and utterly useless to say no to. I was hooked after the first book and even more eager than ever to get my hands on the second.

To say her second book was even better than the first would be such an understatement. Once again Vance managed to create a story so beautiful it is heartbreaking, so surprising that it will take your breath away. Va
Farrah
Did you hear that? That was the sound of my mind being blown. This book was so amazing, just as good as the first! So unexpected and unpredictable. Loved it!

Whatever I expected from this book, it was torn apart within the first chapter. This book takes us in a new direction. At the end of Silver, a tenuous peace existed between Brianna and the Sons. But, it was obvious that it wasn't going to last long. In Gold, Brianna has to run from the Sons' wrath after being blamed for something she didn't
Marie
Disclosure: read the uncorrected ARC for review; received from NetGalley

Talia Vance outdid herself with Gold! Everything that the reader enjoyed in Silver (Bandia #1) is amplified in this highly anticipated sequel. Brianna has grown some, matured, is mastering her powers, and is no longer bonded with Blake. (The book's title gives a hint to Brianna's new love interest!) Gold takes the reader from sunny Rancho Domingo, California to chilly and magical Cath, Ireland. And Talia takes the romance to
Beth
I have to admit, within the first few chapters of this book all my expectations of the direction of this story were proven wrong. Yes, that turned out to be a great thing!

Brianna is running for her life being hunted by the Sons of Killian. She goes to Austin Montgomery's estate. They same Austin that she banished back to hell. Accidentally touching her bracelet charm to a rock on the estate, Brianna opens a portal in time to an early Austin and Austin before the god fued.

A new god player appears
Marie Clarisse
I must admit that this sequel was a lot, lot better than the first book. It's almost unbelievable that both books were written by the same author, since this one was really written professionaly.

The plot twist at the very beginning of the sequel was really effective. I was thankful that Talia Vance now knew what she was doing, replacing Blake with Austin as the leading man. I was actually able to connect with Austin and Brianna, never like I had with her and Blake. This new pairing, was amazing,
Pili
I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley of this book for an honest review, and I was very excited to get it. I give it 4 stars, but if I could, I'd give it 4 and a half!

Gold picks up a little after Silver ended, with Brianna going to Ireland for her own safety and trying to figure out herself.

This book has proven to be more deep and more engaging that Silver was, and even though I liked Silver, I've loved Gold much more.

Everything is more in depth here, the look at the characters, the co
Stacy Sabala
Book Review- Gold by Talia Vance

In this book, the story is continued from the previous book Silver. Brianna is a bandia or witch running from the sons of Killian, a group of demigods. She is a witch that can control the elements. She finds herself hiding in Ireland, staying at the estate of Austin Montgomery, the god of the Underworld. She has banished Austin back to the Underworld for a thousand years. So they are not friends, but this seems to be the safest place for her.
Then Austin is pulled
Lauren
Moraphis
I loved the sequel a lot!! Really it is way better than the first book! Austin!!! Noooo whyyyy it's like the ending for White Hot Kiss by JLA! There better be another book cause if not I'll be just broken... Sigh... This was one crazy journey and when she finally started making the right choices something happens to Austin and... I need the next book now.
Prima
description
More stuff on panda hearts books

Gold was a really weird book for me. Loved some bits, hated others.

Thoughts During Reading:

I'm almost to the end of Gold and I just feel like I need to say this. NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! The whole book is just all talk. Talking about relationships, talking about fighting instead of actually fighting. They keep saying that this big fight is gonna happen but where the heck is it? I just kept reading hoping something would pop up.

Update: finished. It feels like I've
Gwen Frost
❋ Sylvia ❋
Kheda
You just killed me at the end! I was waiting for the moment when Austin would show up and hug Brianna... But he never came back! Okay, there was definitively a way to bring him back, but I wanted to be a part of it too! I missed him much!
RoloPoloBookBlog
Gold by Talia Vance
(Book #2: The Bandia Series)
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5 stars

Ireland is a wonderfully beautiful country (I know, I have been there) except when you are on the run and hoping to simply survive. Brianna has fled her home and is en route to Lorcan Hall, the home of her enemy and the god she returned to Hell, Austin Montgomery. Yeah, you read that correctly. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer . . .

Completely unhappy with her situation, Brianna does her best to settle
Kristena
I'll admit, I started Gold months after I finished Silver, and so I forgot most of the details that occurred within the first book, BUT GOLD WAS AMAZING.
The story was both realistic and fantastical in a way that really pulled me in and allowed me to get swept up into the plot. The book was amazing in a way that few books ever are, and I loved every minute of this fantastic journey. The characters were so cute and romantic. Everything in this book just seemed to be brimming with hope and goodwil
Khalia Hades
Brie and Blake's relationship also squeezed my heart in ways that I never would have imagined. My expectations, of course, were for cliches and loud declarations of love and blah blah blah. I never, ever, have high hopes for love triangles, so I was terrified about the whole Blake-Brie-Austin thing from the get go. But Talia instead decides to use Brie's complicated love life to explore why you love someone, how you learn to love someone, and how sometimes you have to learn to let go. The amount ...more
Stéphanie
As much as I loved the first book of this series, Gold wasn’t as thrilling or entertaining as its predecessor. I think my expectations might have been too high after reading Silver which was without a doubt an amazing debut for Talia Vance. However, don’t get me wrong, GOLD did have its strong points and I think it sets up the rest of the series rather nicely.

The main reason why I wasn’t crazy about the book is because it started off rather slowly. No, I shouldn’t say slow. It’s more like the be
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 8/18/13: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2013/...

Silver, the first novel in the Bandia series, was on of my top 2012 reads so I had extremely high expectations for this one. I'm happy to say that Gold was even better than Silver and has clenched a spot on my top 2013 reads list. I love the lore in this series. It's reminiscent of Greek mythology, but still unique. The bandia, sons, and gods will clash in the ultimate battle, but who will be victorious? Just like in
Christy (Novel Ink)
Silver ends with a fragile truce between the Sons and Brianna, but it’s painfully obvious that the truce wouldn’t last for very long. Gold starts off with Brianna going to Ireland to hide from the Sons after she is accused of something that she didn’t do.

Brianna is such a strong character and she continues to prove it countless times during Gold. I really respected the way that she handled all of the challenges that were thrown her way and that she didn’t give up, no matter the cost.

Going into
Jori
First, I just wanna say that it's funny how I loved Blake and hated Austin in the first one, and now in this one, I hated Blake and loved Austin. Crazy stuff goes down in this one, guys.

I was all for giving it five stars, until I heard that there probably won't be a third one. I mean, what?

(view spoiler)
I gave Gold 4 stars, but really, I think it's a 4.5 star book! This is the follow-up to Silver, which I also loved, and it's just more. More character depth, more backstory, more action. All in all, I could not put Gold down, but I didn't want the story to end.

Gold picks up some time after Silver lets off. Some things have happened to Brianna back in the US, and she's traveled to Ireland. I love Ireland, and there just aren't enough books set there. Add to the region an ancient estate, and I set
Kt
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

The fragile peace Brianna formed with the Sons of Killian was only short lived and she's forced to flee to Irelend. She end up in her formal rival Austin's estate of all places, the last place on earth she thought she would be. But when she slips through time into a rift that lands her before the thousand year old war began and finds a younger Austin who changes her perceptions of everything she thought she knew. As she scrambles to deal wit
BookHookup
The original review for this title can be found HERE on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

** SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Alyssa

Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Wre
Christina
My original review for this title can be found HERE on The Book Hookup.

Initial Thoughts and Rating: Actual rating of 4.5 stars! I believe Ms. Vance wrote this novel to make me swoon so that she could break my heart. Everything that
  • Only You (The Mephisto Covenant, #3)
  • The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • Baygirl
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Witchrise (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • What Momma Left Me
  • The Secret Sky: A Novel of Forbidden Love in Afghanistan
  • Of Silver and Beasts (Goddess Wars, #1)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Belladonna (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #2)
  • Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Tessa Ever After (Caged in Winter #2)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)

Bandia (2 books)