Start by marking “Gold (Bandia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gold (Bandia, #2)

Gold (Bandia #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Descended from an Irish demigod, Brianna has fled to Ireland to escape destruction at the hands of her sworn enemies, the Sons of Killian. Taking refuge at the estate of her former nemesis, Austin Montgomery, Brianna discovers a rift in time that opens to an era before the feud began.

Wrestling with her newfound feelings for the more innocent Austin, Brianna begins to wonde
Published September 8th 2013 by Flux (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Gold, please sign up.

Emily Davie I just read that she hasnt had time to write the third!!! Not fair!!! We need Austin back!!!

Rachel
Dec 05, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This story was an amazing follow-up. Utterly gut-wrenching. Totally surprising. And with an absolutely killer ending. Will definitely be reading this one again and again. Loved it even more than SILVER. If I were to review this on the blog it would get my off-the-menu rating of 6 stars.

I do plan on reviewing this book when I read the finished copy when it releases next fall.
Heather
Oct 02, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Please someone tell me there is a Platinum in the works, please!! I was just okay with Silver. The mythology of the bandia is hard to follow, the relationship between Brianna and Blake even harder. I never really understood it in Silver. It just never seemed to make sense. It didn't feel right and it was just too hard. They didn't even seem like they liked each other. Now, sexually, yeah, they were hot. But otherwise, meh. So I wanted to see where this novel went. I mean, IRELAND. I'll read abou ...more
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Dec 05, 2012 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet dear gods! I beta'd this for Talia and it was everything I had hoped for and MOAR!!!!! Gold was beautiful and heartbreaking and I loved every minute of it!!!!!!
Jennifer McCoy, YA Sisterhood
Nov 29, 2012 Jennifer McCoy, YA Sisterhood rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I was lucky enough to read this in manuscript form, and it was even better than Silver!

I can't wait for the finished copy to be released!!!!
Morgana.Book.Extravaganza
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This series is completely captivating, from the deliciously dark and dangerous character to the ever twisting and changing plot, it is completely addicting and utterly useless to say no to. I was hooked after the first book and even more eager than ever to get my hands on the second.

To say her second book was even better than the first would be such an understatement. Once again Vance managed to create a story so beautiful it is heartbreaking, so surprising that it will take your breath away. Va
Farrah
May 24, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Did you hear that? That was the sound of my mind being blown. This book was so amazing, just as good as the first! So unexpected and unpredictable. Loved it!

Whatever I expected from this book, it was torn apart within the first chapter. This book takes us in a new direction. At the end of Silver, a tenuous peace existed between Brianna and the Sons. But, it was obvious that it wasn't going to last long. In Gold, Brianna has to run from the Sons' wrath after being blamed for something she didn't
A.
Sep 21, 2013 A. rated it really liked it

It's quite hard to express how impressed I was with Gold. I have a vague memory of reading Silver a while back and I don't recall being as invested in it as I was in this one. It's rare that a sequel surpasses the first in a series, but it's easy to say that Vance succeeded with Gold.

The book starts off with Brianna on her way to Lorcan Hall, Ireland. Events occurring between the first and second book led to Brianna's exile in Ireland, which also led to the end of her relationship with Blake.

Marie
Apr 22, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it
Disclosure: read the uncorrected ARC for review; received from NetGalley

Talia Vance outdid herself with Gold! Everything that the reader enjoyed in Silver (Bandia #1) is amplified in this highly anticipated sequel. Brianna has grown some, matured, is mastering her powers, and is no longer bonded with Blake. (The book's title gives a hint to Brianna's new love interest!) Gold takes the reader from sunny Rancho Domingo, California to chilly and magical Cath, Ireland. And Talia takes the romance to
Beth
Jul 01, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, within the first few chapters of this book all my expectations of the direction of this story were proven wrong. Yes, that turned out to be a great thing!

Brianna is running for her life being hunted by the Sons of Killian. She goes to Austin Montgomery's estate. They same Austin that she banished back to hell. Accidentally touching her bracelet charm to a rock on the estate, Brianna opens a portal in time to an early Austin and Austin before the god fued.

A new god player appears
Marie Clarisse
I must admit that this sequel was a lot, lot better than the first book. It's almost unbelievable that both books were written by the same author, since this one was really written professionaly.

The plot twist at the very beginning of the sequel was really effective. I was thankful that Talia Vance now knew what she was doing, replacing Blake with Austin as the leading man. I was actually able to connect with Austin and Brianna, never like I had with her and Blake. This new pairing, was amazing,
Pili
Apr 09, 2013 Pili rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley of this book for an honest review, and I was very excited to get it. I give it 4 stars, but if I could, I'd give it 4 and a half!

Gold picks up a little after Silver ended, with Brianna going to Ireland for her own safety and trying to figure out herself.

This book has proven to be more deep and more engaging that Silver was, and even though I liked Silver, I've loved Gold much more.

Everything is more in depth here, the look at the characters, the co
Stacy Sabala
Oct 08, 2013 Stacy Sabala rated it really liked it
Book Review- Gold by Talia Vance

In this book, the story is continued from the previous book Silver. Brianna is a bandia or witch running from the sons of Killian, a group of demigods. She is a witch that can control the elements. She finds herself hiding in Ireland, staying at the estate of Austin Montgomery, the god of the Underworld. She has banished Austin back to the Underworld for a thousand years. So they are not friends, but this seems to be the safest place for her.
Then Austin is pulled
Lauren
Jul 29, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, netgalley-finds
Moraphis
Apr 27, 2014 Moraphis rated it it was amazing
I loved the sequel a lot!! Really it is way better than the first book! Austin!!! Noooo whyyyy it's like the ending for White Hot Kiss by JLA! There better be another book cause if not I'll be just broken... Sigh... This was one crazy journey and when she finally started making the right choices something happens to Austin and... I need the next book now.
Ralynn
Aug 07, 2015 Ralynn rated it really liked it
crazy ending and crazy destiny fate thing going on I'll leave it at that
Once Upon a Romance Reviews
Sexual Content Rating: Subtle
Language (Profanity/Slang) Content Rating: Minimal
Violent Content Rating: Mild

This book was incredibly well written, but at times, very hard to follow. I think reading the first book (Silver) before reading this book would have helped. I really did like the book and once I started understanding what powers were at work and who the players were, it began to make much more sense and was a more enjoyable read.

The characters are very well written and we quickly are rem
Prima
Jun 22, 2014 Prima rated it it was ok
description
More stuff on panda hearts books

Gold was a really weird book for me. Loved some bits, hated others.

Thoughts During Reading:

I'm almost to the end of Gold and I just feel like I need to say this. NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! The whole book is just all talk. Talking about relationships, talking about fighting instead of actually fighting. They keep saying that this big fight is gonna happen but where the heck is it? I just kept reading hoping something would pop up.

Update: finished. It feels like I've
Gwen Frost
Jun 04, 2014 Gwen Frost rated it it was amazing
❋ Sylvia ❋
Kheda
Nov 03, 2014 Kheda rated it it was amazing
You just killed me at the end! I was waiting for the moment when Austin would show up and hug Brianna... But he never came back! Okay, there was definitively a way to bring him back, but I wanted to be a part of it too! I missed him much!
Betsy :D
Apr 28, 2016 Betsy :D rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I LOVED THIS BOOK !!! This completely had my feeling going everywhere. I hated Blake at the beginning of the book he was just so STUPID and the he ...(view spoiler) I really hated him for it but toward the end I felt sorry for him.
I really LOVE AUSTIN!! In the first book who played a bad/mysterious guy it is safe to say the in this book he is just... AMAZING !!!!! ^.^ To bad something happ
Caesarea Poumale
Jun 02, 2015 Caesarea Poumale rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Caesarea by: Silver by Talia Vance
Shelves: favourites
I loved this book to bits too bad ti ended tragically and sadly I want to cry but I can't cos I'm, use to these type of endings now after reading my first ever book that didn't end well too ... thanks Talia for writing this book I enjoyed both Silver and Gold books but mostly Gold, because my babe Austin finally hooked up with Brianna, I kind of knew Blake wasn't the right man for her when I first starting reading about him I just knew, no wonder I felt Brianna should have went out with Austin a ...more
RoloPoloBookBlog
Gold by Talia Vance
(Book #2: The Bandia Series)
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5 stars

Ireland is a wonderfully beautiful country (I know, I have been there) except when you are on the run and hoping to simply survive. Brianna has fled her home and is en route to Lorcan Hall, the home of her enemy and the god she returned to Hell, Austin Montgomery. Yeah, you read that correctly. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer . . .

Completely unhappy with her situation, Brianna does her best to settle
Jayda
May 10, 2016 Jayda rated it it was amazing
Strictly in terms of ("torrid") romance this series rates FIVE PLUS STARS

Silver and Gold are pure entertainment. It is exactly the type of series you speed read through in 2 days simply to take a break from the type of thought provoking novels that tend to produce migraines or make you depressed, it is the type of series where you couldn't care less about the plot because let's be honest all you care about are the adorable boys.

Austin and Brianna have got to be the BEST YA COUPLE . Silver made
Kristena
Sep 28, 2014 Kristena rated it it was amazing
I'll admit, I started Gold months after I finished Silver, and so I forgot most of the details that occurred within the first book, BUT GOLD WAS AMAZING.
The story was both realistic and fantastical in a way that really pulled me in and allowed me to get swept up into the plot. The book was amazing in a way that few books ever are, and I loved every minute of this fantastic journey. The characters were so cute and romantic. Everything in this book just seemed to be brimming with hope and goodwil
Khalia Hades
Feb 27, 2014 Khalia Hades rated it really liked it
Brie and Blake's relationship also squeezed my heart in ways that I never would have imagined. My expectations, of course, were for cliches and loud declarations of love and blah blah blah. I never, ever, have high hopes for love triangles, so I was terrified about the whole Blake-Brie-Austin thing from the get go. But Talia instead decides to use Brie's complicated love life to explore why you love someone, how you learn to love someone, and how sometimes you have to learn to let go. The amount ...more
Stéphanie
As much as I loved the first book of this series, Gold wasn’t as thrilling or entertaining as its predecessor. I think my expectations might have been too high after reading Silver which was without a doubt an amazing debut for Talia Vance. However, don’t get me wrong, GOLD did have its strong points and I think it sets up the rest of the series rather nicely.

The main reason why I wasn’t crazy about the book is because it started off rather slowly. No, I shouldn’t say slow. It’s more like the be
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 8/18/13: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2013/...

Silver, the first novel in the Bandia series, was on of my top 2012 reads so I had extremely high expectations for this one. I'm happy to say that Gold was even better than Silver and has clenched a spot on my top 2013 reads list. I love the lore in this series. It's reminiscent of Greek mythology, but still unique. The bandia, sons, and gods will clash in the ultimate battle, but who will be victorious? Just like in
Christy (Novel Ink)
Aug 11, 2013 Christy (Novel Ink) rated it really liked it
Silver ends with a fragile truce between the Sons and Brianna, but it’s painfully obvious that the truce wouldn’t last for very long. Gold starts off with Brianna going to Ireland to hide from the Sons after she is accused of something that she didn’t do.

Brianna is such a strong character and she continues to prove it countless times during Gold. I really respected the way that she handled all of the challenges that were thrown her way and that she didn’t give up, no matter the cost.

Going into
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 07:57PM
  • The Mephisto Mark (The Mephisto Covenant #3)
  • The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Astarte's Wrath (Kythan Guardians)
  • Protecting Truth (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #2)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Baygirl
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Storm (Salt, #2)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)
  • Soul Screamers Volume Three (Soul Screamers #5, 5.5, 6)
  • Belladonna (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)

Bandia (2 books)