Start by marking “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12” as Want to Read:
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions #12)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  964 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Das Shojo-Highlight Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon hat seinen Höhenflug begonnen und Deutschland erneut im Sturm erobert. Noch vor dem offiziellen Verkaufsstart stieg der erste Band auf Platz 1 der Manga-Bestsellerlisten ein und täglich erreichen den Verlag begeisterte Stimmen der Leser und Leserinnen. Die schicken Cover und prächtigen Farbseiten, sowie die neue Übersetzung d...more
Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Published September 13th 2012 by Egmont Manga & Anime (first published July 23rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12

Liz
I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!

Everything began with Sailor Moon. The age of the animes and mangas and the age of female heroins transforming into warriors for justice and love. Now we know several series like Pretty Cure or Tokyo Mew Mew, but everything started with Sailor Moon and her adventures.
She finds the cat Luna who helps her to transform into Sailor Moon and step by step the two of them find the other...more
Selena

When I was little (comparatively speaking) I had read the final volume of Sailor Moon and had no idea what was going on. After rereading it as an adult, with a new, definitely better translation, I'm still going, "Wait, what did I just read?"

It's not that it's bad. It's just really, really confusing. I'm not sure what's going on. Wasn't back then, still not sure now.

I think part of the problem is that ending is kinda rushed. There's a lot of "Okay, moving on," in Sailor Moon in general, but this...more
Melissa

I can't believe it's over!! The ending was so sad ç__ç (but in a good way)

I absolutely LOVED this manga! I've always been a fan of the anime and at first I was a bit skeptical about reading this... but I'm so glad I did it, because it was totally worth it! And I ended up liking the manga better than the anime, because it was more fast-paced and there weren't any fillers. And then the characters and their growth, relationships, battles, everything was great *___*
Mizumi
-more incoherent noises, slamming five stars over and over again-
... I'll be back to do a proper review of the entire series. When I'm done sobbing, I mean.

It's half a week later now and I've calmed down a bit. So I'm back with a proper review, as promised.

I've already done my post of nostalgia and things I owe to Sailor Moon in the first volume, so I'll save you from repetition. Just a little warning that if you're reading this to get an insightful and objective review of the series, eh, move...more
Carina
And so we reach the end of the Sailor Moon manga series (excluding the two short story manga collections being released later this year).

When I first read this volume years ago as a scanlation (bad I know) and saw the series finale of the anime I thought this was a really sweet ending - Usa and Mamoru end up together, the definitive evil was defeated and all was well for the future. I've only watched the anime finale once but from what I recall it ended with the same. The manga is more bitterswe...more
Sesana
This is the end of one of my favorite manga series. And I loved it, of course, even when I could see some faults in the storytelling. The ending was rushed and a little confusing (which could be because of the very literal translation) and there were a lot of characters. I didn't keep count, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were nearly 20 characters in the grand finale scene. And yet, I still adored it. The art is probably the best from the entire series, and I loved what we got in volume on...more
Katy
I'll have to think of a good series review.

For now I will say that if you have only watched the anime, give the manga a try. The manga cuts out a lot of the repetition the anime has, plus adds a lot more back story to the characters. Plus the whole last story arc is a lot different!!
Miss
i don't think this is one of the series best volumes but it's a pretty solid ending. one of the problems was that there were way too many new characters and no time spent with the sailor scouts that we'd seen developed and care for. chibi-chibi was the only one that really managed to get a reaction out of me and that's due to the (view spoiler)...more
Ash
Oh Lord!! Finished Sailor Moon manga FINALLY!! I've been getting the reissued volumes once they release and one by one. I even remember starting my first volume back in September 2011 right after I finished the anime.
Just like many of the volumes I missed many things and dialogue points or art were not clear but I got used to it. I've praised the previous volumes to be dark but this one was just weird!
Thing is the final arc is almost NOTHING like the anime. Anime intended for the series to ha...more
Lissibith
Throughout this manga, my interest waxed and waned, but this volume had me totally and completely under its spell. The concluding volume is appropriately epic in scale, reminding the reader that the universe is so much wider than we'd even seen before while also drawing back to the one important thing - the love and protectiveness we feel for those we love. It looks at how powerful and overwhelming lonliness and loss and fear can be, and how they can warp a person. And in the end, it's just full...more
Matthew
How is it possible that I just went through one of the most emotional experiences in my life and yet everyone at this moment are just having a typical day?

This series is essentially the foundation for anything to anime whether tv series or mangas. I didn't have cable when I was growing up and the very few rare channels I got through an antennae, I remember vividly how I would wake up extremely early every day to simply turn on the tv and watch Sailor Moon. I was and am fascinated with the idea o...more
Mari
Jun 09, 2014 Mari rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This is a review for the complete Sailor Moon Manga Volumes 1 - 12 (Renewal Edition)!

MY HISTORY WITH SAILOR MOON:
For most of my generation Harry Potter is the STARTING point of being a fangirl, or being in a fandom, becoming obsessed with something... etc. but for me my first fandom is Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon was my childhood, not so much the Manga but definitely the anime. I remember being obsessed with everything Sailor Moon.
I had to own everything from Sailor Moon but of course my limited p...more
Stefanie Farrow
This has been one of the best graphic novels series I ever read. I have seen the first four anime seasons and three OVAs and the story in the graphic novel series picks up fast. Right now, I can't wait for the short stories that comes out in Sept and Nov in the US.
slayra
OMG, the end... it was... so different. But made so much sense. O_O
Cecilee
A BIT OF SPOILERS WARNING

Nnnn...that's too neatly wrapped up. Maybe there's more in the short stories but what of the Star Lights? Princess Kakyu? I mean yeah they said that everyone returned home and knit Mamo and Usa's wedding in there at the end so well but nothing feels resolved. Usually there's a nice epilogue involving everyone at each arc. "You're so beautiful and magical and awesome Sailor Moon and will live forever" just doesn't sit well with me. Which bums me out, one of the great thin...more
Nathalie
Chelsey
Did love. I found the story compelling, and completely heartbreaking in many places. All the death and wanton destruction, and the loss of loved ones. It was so sad! But at the same time, it was, like all the other story arcs in the series, something that ended on a truly heartwarming note. And it's about damned time that Usagi and Mamoru got married! It took FAR TOO LONG to happen! I also didn't expect much of what happened at the end, [I may have, if the Stars arc had ever been released to Nor...more
Mel
I can't believe it's over!

There are some really intense, stellar moments in these last few chapters, particularly when Sailor Moon has to square off against all the other sailor senshi. (Her having to fight Mamoru isn't quite so spectacular since is there aren't many final battle scenes when Mamoru isn't brainwashed into fighting her.) Also, when Mamoru gets knocked into the Cauldron and Chibi Usa disappears? That's pretty horrific.

Though I think this last arc could've been made better by not in...more
Giulia
A. King
ARTWORK: This is among Takeuchi's best artwork. It comes off as being a work of art. This is usually never a huge complaint of mine, but if you were to put this and the first volume next to each other and look through each one, it's clear that Takeuchi's art has dramatically improved and matured - and you can even see how the characters have matured in their faces and mannerisms.

TRANSLATION - this is meant to be a literal translation. With that said, there are too many times where they take art...more
Corrina
Read my full review at wadingthroughbooks.wordpress.com!

(Note: this review is for volumes 11 & 12)

In these last two volumes we venture beyond the Solar System and learn that there are Sailor Guardians everywhere, and that the Sailor Guardians we know are only a small drop in a very large sisterhood, although even among many Sailor Moon stands out as a Guardian of great power. Eternal Sailor Moon will one day become Sailor Cosmos, who balances the entire universe. The Sailor Guardians return...more
Christine
I was really disappointed with the translation of this volume. The previous volumes all seemed okay as far as translation, but I really got annoyed with the overuse of shortened versions of 'because' and 'okay'. It is not necessary to say 'cuz' every time Sailor Moon speaks. Honestly, the way it is worded made me think I was listening to the words of some street smart gang-banger and not Sailor Moon/Usagi.

Also, the overuse of the term 'heavenly body' and the translation at the very end were just...more
Sara
I couldn't be happier with the way that this story has ended. Lovingly laboring through the 12 volumes of the saga has been like fulfilling a part of my childhood. At the same time, I truly believe that there are lessons in the Sailor Moon series that are valuable to people of all ages. Usagi's story teaches us that even though sometimes you aren't fighting for the right reasons, your intentions can be good at the core. She teaches us that it's okay not to be fully happy with yourself as long as...more
Rita
Assim que terminei o volume anterior tive LOGO que pegar neste, sem sequer me importar com as horas (sim, dei por mim a encerrar este capítulo às seis e tal da manhã, no big deal...)

Enfim, depois de páginas e páginas com o dito nó na garganta e o coração aos saltos (pois é, vivi mesmo isto), terminei a leitura desta grande série. É sem sombra de dúvida uma GRANDE favorita que ficará sempre num cantinho especial de mim.

Chegado o grande final apoderou-se de mim a já conhecida nostalgia, essa malva...more
Naomi
It's a good ending for the series, though it can be a bit repetitive. I am quite happy to have the collection on my shelf and I enjoyed this series as a kid.

I am a bit sad, because I am certain this will be the last book I read this year. Also, I haven't really read that many real books (my opinion) this year. Most have been comic books and manga. I've been quite busy this year and I just started writing my own book last month. I'm over a 100,000 words in and I do not want to get distracted by a...more
Jennifer Lavoie
I was so excited for this volume to come out, and I flew through reading it! Only to be depressed because that's it. There is no more to the Sailor Moon story officially. This was the last volume in the series, and it is by far the best. Everything comes together, and by everything I do mean that. All of the previous villains are mentioned, and the source of all of Sailor Moon's problems comes to life.

What I loved about this volume the most was how different it is from the anime. If you've only...more
Ariel
Again, this was read in english, not japanesse. in this book, Usagi goes with her new allies to the center of the milky way where her enemy is. A huge battle takes place, and in the end, Usagi wins and she, with all her friends and Mamo-chan get transported to the 30th century and they all live happily ever after.
Jennifer Barrios
D.
So I'm finally done with Takeuchi's classic shojo/shonen fusion opus. Good stuff. Definitely formulaic in spots, but she really shook things up with the final arc... and if some plot bunnies feel trite, it's because so many people have copied her in the decades SINCE it came out, not because SHE copied anybody. All in all, I feel my hours were not wasted, and somewhat sad that it's only 12 short volumes (although, to be honest, that's probably for the best or it would start to feel redundant). S...more
RaeWho
I really really really loved the Stars series. It's by far my favorite plot and a great way to end the series. The way it's drawn is still pretty confusing at times and it bugs me you don't really find out who chibi chibi is, but otherwise I really loved it.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus 3
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 03 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #3)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 02 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #2)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 14: Prophet
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 03: To Sprout
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2
Naoko Takeuchi (武内直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of YuYu Hakusho series...more
More about Naoko Takeuchi...
Sailor Moon, Vol. 01 美少女戦士セーラームーン 1 [Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon 1] Sailor Moon, Vol. 02 Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #2) Sailor Moon, Vol. 04