Start by marking “Wow! It Sure is Good to Be You!” as Want to Read:
Wow! It Sure is Good to Be You!

Wow! It Sure is Good to Be You!

This jazzy story reaffirms that even when people who love you are far away, they are thinking of you all the time and loving you as the “cool-girl brave and strong” that they know you to be! Just right for encouraging self-esteem, this book celebrates the relationships girls have with moms, aunts, sisters, friends, and everyone who loves them. Bright, energetic ...more
Published April 17th 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wow! It Sure is Good to Be You!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wow! It Sure is Good to Be You!

Cara Byrne
Nov 01, 2016 Cara Byrne rated it liked it
Reminding readers that they are loved even if those who love them are far away while tying in visual messages of girl power, this book is a strange combination of themes and messages
Regina
THIS BOOK ROCKS! First of all, the fact that it's an African American girl is sweet, secondly there are affirmations all over the illustrations like, "You Can Do It", "Girls Rock", etc.
But most importantly it just makes you smile. Great message to girls and says things like, "Somewhere, somebody loves you more than cows love to moo, more than ballerinas love tutus and would ride a smelly yak across Kathmandu just to be with you, and that's really far too..wow it's great to be you!"
I thought it w
Whitney Rachel
Apr 22, 2014 Whitney Rachel rated it it was ok
I gave this book an extra star because of the message it's sending to little girls (and little ones in general). Aside from the message of loving yourself and being happy with who you are, I thought the book was awful. The language seemed a little too forced to me.

"Somebody, somewhere,
remembers your silly faces,
and sad one, too,
wishes you all the luck in the universe,
Is always proud of you!"

That just doesn't read well to me.

Taylar Brooks
Feb 19, 2015 Taylar Brooks rated it really liked it
This was a very short and sweet book. It makes me think of loved ones in my life. Like your parents, and grandparents. And how they're always rooting for me, no matter what you do in life, they love you no matter what. This would be a good read for students ages K-4th grade.
Kristin Sprague
Too cutsie...it's not our goal to edu-cute them, so I would not buy this book. The book is full of friviolous talk, no real information, or learning is conveyed. This book might be on the same level educationally as a poorly written cartoon as far as I'm concerned.
Eve
Jun 28, 2012 Eve rated it it was ok
Shelves: mariam
This book is very rah-rah, but the cadence seems off too. Its best use would be as an extended 'thinking of you' card from an aunt or godmother to a loved little girl, but other than that it doesn't have any real substance. Use only as directed; two stars.
Heidi-Marie
This seems to refer more to the love of a parent (particularly one who is away) than just basic loving others. Not a huge fan of the illustrations, but I'm sure there is a place for it.
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Taylor
Taylor rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2013
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2013
LauraChese
LauraChese rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Lizzie
Bright and cute illustrations, but the flow of the language was off.
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Little
Little rated it liked it
May 18, 2008
Nancy Kotkin
Nancy Kotkin rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Maureen Jones
Maureen Jones rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Kellie Hennessy
Kellie Hennessy rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Meadow
Meadow rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2011
Allie Lu
Allie Lu rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2009
Zonia
May 01, 2009 Zonia rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-school
Fun book for around Mother's Day.
LB
LB rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Lauri Meyers
May 03, 2016 Lauri Meyers rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A pick me up for a child missing a special person who lives far away.
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2010
Laura rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2009
Kiley
Kiley rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Eric Coulbourne
Eric Coulbourne rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015