Start by marking “The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
read excerpt

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  14,036 ratings  ·  2,388 reviews
In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, wha...more
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Eternity Cure, please sign up.

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
43rd out of 2,465 books — 12,485 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
34th out of 1,512 books — 10,256 voters

More lists with this book...

Nidia

OH. MY. GOD

2013????

Or Not

description

Do you know what's worse than having to wait for the next book of your favourite series?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT August 20th

44 LIKES? Woooow My reviews have never EVER been liked before (probably because they suck and I'm new here)

I can't wait to actually review this book ;)

EDIT September 24th

So many reunions awaited... Percy and Annabeth...Allie and Kanin...*Sigh*

EDIT March 5th.

OMG CAN'T WAIT!

EDIT March 31st

THE ANTICIPAT...more
Kat Kennedy
I’m not sure how to proceed with this review WITHOUT resorting to a shit ton of gifs. I just really feel like some kind of crazy wild action would better represent how I feel than words ever could.

I mean, I could say that The Eternity Cure is one badass tale that left me desperate for more because this story was fucking awesome. Or I could just do this:

shocked with awe

Which is, no joke, my exact facial expression upon finishing this book. I think it actually stayed like that for a full two minutes.

I could tell...more
Emily May

"I smelled blood as soon as I walked into the room..."

And with that line begins one of the most enthralling, bloody, violent and emotional books I've read in a long time. For a book that is a combination of two of the most over-saturated young adult genres - dystopian and vampire-centric urban fantasy - this is a story which feels completely original in its execution and is utterly captivating from its grisly opening to its jaw-dropping climax. If, like me, you weren't sure about The Immortal R...more
Isabella
"I don't believe in fate," he said carefully, "but... I do believe everything happens for a reason. That there is some plan, some meaning to this darkness we live in."

Julie Kagawa, you did it again. You held my heart in your fist and masterfully let me see the lights of paradise just so you could, in the end, beautifully destroy me. You ripped my heart in tiny little pieces and I'm still here, days after ending The Eternity Cure, trying to hold on to sanity. Believe me, after what you did at th...more
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
After Reading:
AMAZING BOOK!!!!
But...
THAT ENDING!!!!!!

Before Reading:
WHAT?!
IT COMES OUT AFTER THE WORLD ENDS?!!

*cries*

EDIT:
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
There's a title now!
It sounds so awesome! XD

ANOTHER EDIT:
OH MY HOLY FREXING DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The immortal rules might be made into a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palomar Pictures Options The Immortal Rules and Blood of Eden Series by New York Times Bestselling Author Julie Kagawa

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

ANOTHER ONE OF MY NUMEROUS EDITS:Okay! FAL...more
Julie
HOLD UP.
description

Um, hi, ending? Yeah? I'm a human? I have emotions? Emotions that have been stomped on, thrown in a garbage disposal, crushed, mangled, eaten, regurgitated, and then taped back together, but not to the point where I'm back to normal. Thank you, for that last world crushing, feels inducing, last page. That last page swooped down carrying relief, happiness, and feels (oh yes, the feels), but also dread and terror BECAUSE. If you read this already, you got me. Let's cry together.

Holy frick...more
little machines

Julie. Oh, Julie. I love you so much.

But you tore my heart to pieces, Ms. Thing. ._.

This was everything I wanted in a sequel. It had action, it had emotion, it had character development, it had plot development, it had everything that I needed.

The story continues with Allison still on the search for Kanin, who's being held hostage and tortured by Sarren, a psychotic vampire. The trail leads to Allison stumbling upon Jackal, however, her blood brother, and the two form an unlikely alliance to se...more
Catherine
A year of waiting might just turn me into a rabid.

So if you wake up one night and see a pale, emaciated creature with a mouth full of sharp teeth clawing at your window, Ms. Kagawa, don't be scared. Just hand over the manuscript and I won't eat you.
Ariana
I repeat:
I.Do.Not.Like.Vampire.Books!

And you see that rating up there?
It should say 6 stars, but I don’t know where in the Fringe the last one might be. I should report it missing because in fact..
I.ADORED.THIS.BOOK!

After reading this story I might have left only one neuron (the others have gone looking for Eden again) and it’s a bit fuzzy around the edges, intoxicated by all these mind-blowing turnarounds. I barely got my head around one piece of information when another bomb was thrown my...more
Okay. Was I the only one who thought that this blue cover was just a placeholder?

Well its not. Its the actual cover. (The information about it can be read on Julie Kagawa's blog)

As said in her blog post, there are many reasons why they chose to "remake" the cover of The Immortal Rules series. Some of these reasons include the original cover not being "dystopian enough".

Ahem.

Sorry. I just choked. Seriously. I did not just do that because I think its BS. Nope. Not at all.

What in the world mak...more
Sam

Although not quite as gripping or memorable as the first instalment (for me, at least), The Eternity Cure proves to be a solid continuation of the story set for us in The Immortal Rules. It is, also, and a little disappointingly, not at all the story I anticipated. Nevertheless, the positive outweigh the negative - enough to be significant, and enough for me to call the second instalment of the Blood of Eden series good, even if not more.

Our reunion with Allison Sekemoto is a carefully...more
Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★★★/★★★★★

“There are no good choices, Allison,” Kanin offered in a quiet voice. “There are only those you can live with, and those you can work to change.”

I need to recover from this one. My mind is blown into pieces. My heart has been repeatedly smashed into the wall, picked up and smashed again. But thankfully i am still alive.

This sequel is probably the best book i have read this year and in a while. Absolutely amazing, full of action, fast paced and totally ended with a fr...more
Steph Sinclair

EDIT: So the cover is up and I'm actually happy with it. I'm very please Harlequin dropped the model from The Immortal Rules who wasn't Asian and went in a different direction. It's not my favorite cover in the world, but it's not bad either.

-----------------

Let me love you. <3
Lucille
AFTER RE-READING 31 July 2013 I finally came up with my Top 10 12 quotations. There are so many that I had a hard time narrowing it down to ten twelve.

1. You and me, sister, we're exactly the same. Fight it as long as you want--in the end, the monster always wins. -Jackal

2. You can't save anyone now. The requiem has started, and when the last melody plays, the only applause will be sweet, eternal silence. -Sarren

3. In that moment, I'd never wanted to be human more, just so I could be with Ezekie...more
Blythe
This. Will. (Hopefully). Be. Epic.

EDIT: The Eternity Cure... Me gusta.

EDIT #2: WE HAVE A SYNOPSIS. I REPEAT: WE HAVE A SYNOPSIS.

EDIT #3: Is that the official cover? It's ... not exactly what I was expecting. Nice, though. Just different than the first. Very different. (It's probably just a placeholder.)
Kilikina
Gaaaaaah. This series just keeps getting better and better! Jackal is quickly becoming my favorite character...after Zeke of course :] *swoon*

But ummm...that ending.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT. THE. FUCK. How am I supposed to wait a year after a cliffhanger like that....UGHHHHHHHHHH. *goes to cry in a corner*

-----------------------------------------
It seriously pains me to know that I have to wait another year for this book.

*EDIT* snippet at the end of The Lost Prince: "Hello, sister...more
Genocide criminal genius & master of all villainy Unknown
20 FUCKING 13??????????

description

I CAN'T! I JUST......CAN'T!

description

CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE DATE!?!?

description

DON'T SAY NO TO PIKACHU!!!!

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn
2013????? Really?? What about me, Julie? Did you think about that???

Suzanne
I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules, with Kanin winning a place in my heart. After what we seen happen to him then, I was anxiously awaiting the release of The Eternity Cure and looked forward to journeying with Allie to find and save him. What I didn't expect was to finish this book with a new favourite character, Jackal, who really made this book for me.

The book opens with Allie, alone, and following the blood tie she has to Kanin as he's her sire. She's been dreaming of him and the torture t...more
Faye, la Patata
Final verdict: 2.5/5 but rounded up to 3

Disclaimer: Lots of swearing ahead. I am so sorry. I don't usually curse a lot, but this book disappointed me too much. I deserve some space to vent these feelings out.

God knows how much I detest books whose paranormal elements center around Vampires. This biased feeling of mine wasn't influenced by Twilight in any way, although that saga definitely made it worse, but I guess it's just something that stemmed from reading books that portray such creatures i...more
Valeria
2013 ???

Photobucket Image Hosting

I can't wait that long, I need more Allie now !

Photobucket Image Hosting
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
The last two books in Julie Kagawa’s impressive bibliography – first The Lost Prince and now The Eternity Cure – show a certain level of maturity and self-assuredness that simply wasn’t there before. I always enjoyed her books, even those first few ones in which she relied on familiar mythology and tropes, but now that she trusts herself enough to fly solo, like has become too small a word for how I feel. In The Eternity Cure more than ever before, Kagawa kept all the fine threads tight...more
Joie
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

As far as sequels go, I'm glad to say that The Eternity Cure did not disappoint- which was quite a feat considering how much I loved The Immortal Rules. This book made me feel so many things- from anxiety to anticipation to short-lived joy to heartache- that I'm going to have to break down this review piece by piece.

The Characters
Allie.
Badass as ever. She is both fierce and fearsome, which makes for a great vampire, yet she also carries vulnerabilities and insecurities,...more
Jasprit
“This is what I am, I thought, walking forward to join them. This is where I belong, in the darkness. We’re vampires. That’s all we’ll ever be”

Once again when I’ve found myself stumbling through books and in a reading slump, Kagawa is the one to pull me out of it. I had high hopes for The Eternity Cure after adoring The Immortal Rules last year but The Eternity Cure exceeded all my expectations. I have so much love for this book right now that I think my review will just be full of incoherent ba...more
~Tina~
It's no secret that one of my all time favorite authors is Julie Kagawa and there is a reason why. She doesn't know how to write a bad book. In fact, I'm pretty sure she just gets better and better with every new release.

The Eternity Cure is the much anticipated sequel to Julie's vampire series, Blood of Eden.
We begin our story with Allison searching for her sire, Kanin. Blood calls to blood and Allie has seen the bloodcurdling nightmares of her sire's imprisonment and endless torture at the ha...more
Marie
Oh my ---
What the ---
This was--

I'm so incoherent right now I got so many thoughts swirling round my head.. Where do I starts when a SEQUEL I.E. that most would agree are NEVER better than first books, absolutely stunningly completely and utterly goes against that logic and leaves you flabbergasting in utter shock.

THIS BOOK WAS FLIPPING OUTSTANDING.

I cannot commend the author enough on such an amazing series. The Immortal Rules was one of my best reads last year but with this strong instalment...more
Litchick (aka Navessa Allen)
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review

I didn’t like this.

What?! She didn’t like this? What the hell is going on here?

Litchick, have you finally lost your mind???

Um…maybe? To be honest, I don’t really know what happened. I mean, I LOVED the first book. I really did. I just feel like in this one Allie was a completely different person than who she was in The Immortal Rules.

MCs can really make or break a story for me and in this case, sadly, she broke it.

I just…what the hell happene...more
Katy
Aghhh! Julie Kagawa. I love you. No, I hate you. Gah, really, I love you.

I thought the first book started out really slow until the last third, but this one kicked ass all the way through. It was a very intriguing story with a good mix of action, humour, seriousness, romance, betrayal (especially obnoxiousness from that twerp that just made my blood boil) and mystery about the virus and Eden.

1) If you ask if this book is really different from most paranormal-dystopian novels, probably not too fa...more
Roxanne (Story Envy)
Just finished it... first thought: she's done it again.

*sigh* I turely love everything Julie writes.

-Review to come-

-edit-
IT COMES OUT THIS MONTH!!!!! YES! Just a couple of weeks and this baby is mine! :)

-----
OMG I need this book!! Wait a sec, when does it come ou-... 2013!!!!!!
...
...

I've been waiting for this book since the second I finish The Immortal Rules and I can't even express how much I love that book!

I realize that this book is still over 6 months away and I now see that time is mo...more
Jaime Arkin
Omg Julie Kagawa is an evil genius!! She truly is. I'm not even sure where to start with this review.

photo tumblr_m97yidO3h91qzmlgro1_r1_500.gif

Hopefully this will all make sense when I'm done! LOL

So... I finished this yesterday and ya know what, I woke up STILL thinking about the end of this book. I'm going to try not to spoil anything major - but keep in mind that there might be a minor plot point mentioned - so read ahead at your own peril.

In the end of The Immortal Rules Allie was turned away at the doors of Eden, leaving behind...more
Zeke: Theories?!?! 20 85 Oct 02, 2014 01:03AM
Jackal 26 164 Aug 19, 2014 10:27AM
Did Stick like Allison? 4 56 May 24, 2014 06:57AM
OMG..THE ENDING..THOUGHTS?!?! 34 261 Apr 23, 2014 01:41PM
Turned? or Not Turned?... 51 182 Apr 16, 2014 11:33AM
fantastic 6 Wedne...: Goodreads Post 2 5 4 Apr 07, 2014 11:22AM
Novel Books &amp;...: Kagawa, Julie - The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) - Informal Buddy Read Start Sept 6, 2013 24 171 Mar 20, 2014 05:41PM
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Hereafter (Shadowlands, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

“There are no good choices, Allison," Kanin offered in a quiet voice. "There are only those you can live with, and those you can work to change.” 142 likes
“I have good news and bad news The good news is that the jeep is still where we left it, and I got the damned thing working again."

"What's the bad news?"

"Something took my fuzzy dice.”
136 likes